Code of Conduct

Default Light and fruity scents

*EDIT* I posted the update at the bottom, but I don't think anyone's reading it before responding, so:

Wow, that was a lot of sampling. Felt kind of foolish spending more on samples and decants than on the actual gift haha! But now I have a good reference for later.

I actually decided on something (well, two things actually) that will be right up her alley, I think. They are both Escada fragrances. Ocean Lounge, which to me smells like a slightly floral, fruity punch and I found Moon Sparkle in TJ Maxx and added it to her package blind.

She's not a connoisseur by any means so hopefully she enjoys them. Thanks for broadening my horizons in female fragrances.
    *EDIT*

An old school friend has a birthday coming up and I know her daily scent is Victoria Secret Love Spell, which according to BN has these notes: Cherry Blossom, Muguet, Tamarind, Red Apple, Blondwood, Peach. She also likes Jennifer Lopez Live and melon scents.

As part of her gift I was going to get a bunch of perfume samples together or maybe a gift set with lotion etc. but I'd like to find fragranes similar in strength and composition to Love Spell. Off the top of my head was Light Blue, Calyx, Secret Wish and Love and Luck. I'm only going on the notes here as I've only tried Light Blue out of these. Am I making good choices?

Any other ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 23rd May 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Light and fruity scents

Love Spell happens to be a fav of mine and I use it along with a few of my favorite scents. I call them my "Divatologist Concoctions". Light Blue is definitely one and it smells awesome when worn with Love Spell. Also, Magnetism & Magnetic Beat by Escada. Lolita Lempicka, which smells soooooooo good when worn with Love Spell, is my fav concoction. If you choose one of those, be sure to tell her to try layering with both scents. She will be amazed at how they compliment one another. Not only that, but make the perfume unique to her. Now, tell her don't tell anyone her secret lol. Just give them the name of the perfume, but tell them you added a little extra. Let us know what you got and if she liked it.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 22nd April 2009 at 04:57 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Not sure if you would consider a fragrance available on a shopping channel but Body, Mind and Spirit by Tova contains apricot and is refreshing and very fruity.

For light and fruity scents, I'd definitely recommend the Anna Sui range. I do not personally wear them, but her latest, Flight of Fancy, is very pretty, and comes in an attractive bottle with a peacock fan top. Would make a charming gift.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Anything by Burberry or Chopard would be in that category, imo. Cartier Delices and Nina would be worth looking at as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Christina Aguilera's Inspire is quite nice (mango and tuberose), imo, depending on how your friend feels about celebuscents. Jean Paul Gaultier's Ma Dame is orangey. I quite liked it, but it seems to be a love/hate scent. Also check out Donna Karan's green apple scent, and there's a new one, DK Be Blossom (I think?) at Sephora now. I haven't sniffed that one yet.

Also adding: check out the new Marc Jacobs Pear fragrance in the splash bottle (and report back please!). I like fruity frags, too. Good luck!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 22nd April 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Vera Wang Look! is well worth a look, I'd say! Watery, green, cheerful, modern fruity floral. It got under my skin lately, and this category isn't usually my thing.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Philosophy Falling in Love
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Forgot to mention Mure et Musc Extreme, full of blackberry

Post Thanks / Like

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Ghost Luminous? - pretty sheer and light, and a veritable fruit salad!

Notes: bergamot, pineapple, orange, blackcurrant, melon, apples, sea breeze accord, champagne, jasmine, lily of the valley, raspberry leaves, violet, rose, freesia, sandalwood, vetiver, powdery dream, candied raspberry and peach sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    What about Ghost Luminous? - pretty sheer and light, and a veritable fruit salad!

Notes: bergamot, pineapple, orange, blackcurrant, melon, apples, sea breeze accord, champagne, jasmine, lily of the valley, raspberry leaves, violet, rose, freesia, sandalwood, vetiver, powdery dream, candied raspberry and peach sweet.
    Wow, I need to try that one too! Have you tried this one yourself, VM? Just wondering about your thoughts, if so.

Post Thanks / Like

She might like Armani's Diamonds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Wow, I need to try that one too! Have you tried this one yourself, VM? Just wondering about your thoughts, if so.
    I am wearing my sample of it as I type. I must confess that I have been very sniffy about the entire Ghost range ever since I got into perfume, and the few I tried (pink ones from memory!) were not at all to my taste. Luminous, however, is not overly sweet, quite silky and watery, and there are enough different notes in there for it not to smell of any one thing, like peach or melon. It has the same quiet, calming, watery, fruity vibe of Vera Wang Look! that I recommended earlier. It is not groundbreaking, it doesn't smell of "money", and although I am totally the wrong demographic (based on the girl in the ad), I wouldn't mind spritzing this on now and again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I am wearing my sample of it as I type. I must confess that I have been very sniffy about the entire Ghost range ever since I got into perfume, and the few I tried (pink ones from memory!) were not at all to my taste. Luminous, however, is not overly sweet, quite silky and watery, and there are enough different notes in there for it not to smell of any one thing, like peach or melon. It has the same quiet, calming, watery, fruity vibe of Vera Wang Look! that I recommended earlier. It is not groundbreaking, it doesn't smell of "money", and although I am totally the wrong demographic (based on the girl in the ad), I wouldn't mind spritzing this on now and again!
    Sounds nice. Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Dolce&Gabbana The One and L'Eau The One. Fruity, longlasting and fun.

Wow, that was a lot of sampling. Felt kind of foolish spending more on samples and decants than on the actual gift haha! But now I have a good reference for later.

I actually decided on something (well, two things actually) that will be right up her alley, I think. They are both Escada fragrances. Ocean Lounge, which to me smells like a fruity punch and I found Moon Sparkle in TJ Maxx and added it to her package blind.

She's not a connoisseur by any means so hopefully she enjoys them. Thanks for broadening my horizons in female fragrances.

i don't know if D&G's light blue is exactly fruity but it does smell fruity to me and so refreshing on my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by wannabelyn View Post
    i don't know if D&G's light blue is exactly fruity but it does smell fruity to me and so refreshing on my friend!
    I personally don't care for it. It smells comes off to me as crushed up lemon pez and rubbing alcohol.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Annick Goutal Petite Cherie.
    Agreed ! This is a really beautiful fresh scent.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd May 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

The original Byblos scent, as I recall, was a watery fruit. Can be had very cheaply. I had this around 1991, and at the time it was one of the few fruit frags in dept. stores. I'd been wearing some chypre or another and one day decided I wanted something peachy, so I wandered over to the frag counter on my lunch hour and asked specifically for a frag with fruit.

Byblos was the only thing the SA had. I bought it on the spot, enjoyed it, and moved on after the bottle was done.