Code of Conduct

Default What's your desired range?

How far would you ideally like your sillage to project? (ie how far away would you like people to be able to smell you?)
    Along with that, how far would you estimate that your average daily sillage projects?

I'd say for me, ideal sillage range would be in the 3-5 foot range, but my actual projection is probably closer to the 1-2 foot range.

Default Re: What's your desired range?

At work, I want minimal projection, maybe 2 ft max, sillage doesn't really matter.

When I'm out at a club or bar, I what maximum projection, I don't care if the whole room smells me

I am in the 1-2 foot range for my ideal as well. I do a pretty good job of keeping it there.

6 to 12 foot range is what I always aim for -

I like to wear them close - 6 inch to 1 ft max. If someone isn't hugging me, they shouldn't be able to smell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    I like to wear them close - 6 inch to 1 ft max. If someone isn't hugging me, they shouldn't be able to smell me.
    What he said. Wearing enough fragrance so that others are able to smell one's fragrance at a distance of more than an arms length is sort of obnoxious.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I like mine to be at around Tazer range.

Within Arms reach preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    Within Arms reach preferably.
    Same.
    Peace ~ Markymark

I'd like to fill whole rooms, but I'm polite enough to usually keep things at about half a meter.

Boys, news for you. We like to smell you. It's ok to smell good, honestly. I can't tell you the times a woman has turned around to come after my husband while we're out because they need to know what he's wearing. The look of shock and interest is enough to tell me that other people agree with this opinion. Honestly, people just love how he smells. So put on enough (not overkill, but enough) or what's the use?

Quote Originally Posted by TaraYvonne View Post
    Boys, news for you. We like to smell you. It's ok to smell good, honestly. I can't tell you the times a woman has turned around to come after my husband while we're out because they need to know what he's wearing. The look of shock and interest is enough to tell me that other people agree with this opinion. Honestly, people just love how he smells. So put on enough (not overkill, but enough) or what's the use?

Ah yes, your wish is my command..... the sillage should be equal to the USS Enterprise at full throttle baby

2ft

Funny thread (taser length indeed)! I think for me it is a maximum of 12". But do love it when I'm sniffed from "downwind" several feet away.

I am curious to know exactly what it is your husband wears.

I don't particularly want women to chase me down wondering what I am wearing, unless it is my wife.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Depends on the space. At a party, an arm's length or less. At the mall, a good yard.

I don't care how good you smell, I don't want to smell you from across the room.

1-2 feet is ideal.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    6 to 12 foot range is what I always aim for -
    That's what she said

3-4ft is ideal for me
    and I own maybe 2-3 that can project this well
    the rest, well lets not talk about the rest
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

2-3 feet
    I love Jasmine.

3-4 feet maximum. The other day the gal who does the OTC stocking walked into the pharmacy I work at and immediately commented on how good someone smelled. Assuming she meant me, it would have been a good thing but for the fact that it meant my coworkers had been subjected to it for at least an hour, and at much closer proximity....

Ideally, I'd project enough for someone to catch a lil whiff just as they pass me. If that comment was directed at me, it is the sole comment I've received by someone other than DH that I haven't solicited. Indifference at work gives me leave to wear whatever I want to. I'll just tone down that particular one.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Boys, news for you. We like to smell you. It's ok to smell good, honestly......Honestly, people just love how he smells. So put on enough (not overkill, but enough) or what's the use?
    Oh, thank goodness!!. I really really wonder, personally, about all the range issues. I always thought frags were meant to be "felt" by others, as long as we exist around and among other people, albeit with due consideration for others. Food courts and vendors do not really care if the smell of their products project, or do they?

Personally if i want a frag just for myself i would spray it at the back of my hand for constant sniffing.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Depends on the scent really. stuff like dolce and gabbana pour homme and other strong beasts, then an arms length is fine. With the more lighter stuff, dolce and gabbana light blue and a few chanels, then i really think the more the better.

As others have said, within arms reach or perhaps 2-3 feet. I would like someone to be able to smell the frag when they are hugging me or perhaps catch a small whiff as they are passing by. If you stink up a whole room then you become "that guy," unless perhaps you are at a bar or club. Actual sillage for me varies of course depending on the frag. I would generally say with most frags I get a couple feet of sillage during the first hour or two. Unfortunately, perhaps it is due to my dry skin, but most frags I have tried become close to skin after just a couple hours. Within just a few hours I find that I have to literally breathe hot air on my arm just to smell a scent.

Mmmmm... a couple of miles, at least. I think it's only considerate to announce your entrance in advance...

on abrakadabra whole room/place where im, and later just 1-3ft
    like a labyrinth which leads to me
    Last edited by yrk; 23rd April 2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Ah yes, your wish is my command..... the sillage should be equal to the USS Enterprise at full throttle baby
    That's how I like my sillage!

Projection on the other hand...none of the fragrances I own reach further than 2 ft away on me (I think i'm one of the dry skinners). If I want it to reach further, I have to fan the fragrace towards the person

I'm also in the 12-24 inches or thereabouts camp.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post

Personally if i want a frag just for myself i would spray it at the back of my hand for constant sniffing.
    This is exactly what I do. I spray to enjoy the fragrance myself. Longevity, not sillage, is therefore my primary concern.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)