Code of Conduct

Question Question re: Tea for Two

Tea for Two:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121564.html

I'm looking for some feedback on this, I see it's classified as unisex but the reviews seem to be more from women than men. Have any of you guys tried/owned this? I want to know if it IS actually unisex or is it more for the ladies?

Despite the "wear what you want" ideals I see many people here live by, I'm more apt to wear neutral to masculine scents but wearing something overtly femanine would be rediculous on me. I wouldn't wear it well at all.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

P.S. I don't mean to exclude the women, feel free to share your thoughts. Would this work on a guy?
    .Dave J

Default Re: Question re: Tea for Two

One of the best tea scent ever! And tea smells quite neutral to some of us. This scent certainly can be worn confidently by either sex. No hang-up here.

It is truly unisex. If anything it is more masculine than feminine. But I would think anyone can wear this fragrance.

Smoky, spicy tea, short longevity, more masculine than feminine, but definitely unisex

It's one of my favorites, but the thought that often crosses my mind when wearing it is that non-Basenoters would probably call it a masculine scent. There's something about it that makes me feel as though I'm raiding a boyfriend's wardrobe to smell that way.

Basenotes Institution

It is easily worn by a man who likes neutral to masculine scents.

But don't take our word for it, get a sample first. Even though it's 'easy' for you to wear, you might still hate it.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Excellent, thanks very much for the replies, I will definately be sourcing out a sample of this. I've never smelled a tea scent as far as I know but it peaks my interest in a big way!
    .Dave J

Thought it was great, but then it was gone! If you don't mind spraying yourself every hour or so (I do mind) this is excellent.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 22nd April 2009 at 04:58 AM.

The top and heart notes are excellent. It's quite a unisex, if not rather an 'atmosphere' scent.

As a woman, I find that this Lapsang Soochong take on tea, with its smokiness, would work well on a man. In addition, there is also a sweet but slightly cheap tobacco note in it as well. There is one caveat: you must really like gourmand fragrances as this one is high on my "dessert cart" list.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

it's smoky, it's dense, it's green, and it smells of tea !! it lasts forever on my skin. but, do sample this one. it's not as simple and pleasant as it may come across in reviews.....you'll either love it or hate it...

I own it. It easily works on a man.

It's not one of my favorites, but it is definitely unisex, and I would agree with those who say it leans a bit towards the masculine end of the spectrum.

Tea for Two is one of only two tea scents that has impressed me (the other being Écume de Thé). It's just a pity the longevity isn't great (but, hey, what do you expect from a house like L'Artisan?).

It can easily be worn by a man, IMHO.

T42 is one of the best tea scents around. I think it is more masculine, but it is unisex. I tend to wear it in colder months.

If you want to sample it and you are in Toronto, please drop by Noor in Yorkville and give it a try. If you are in Vancouver, the Perfume Shop (www.theperfumeshoppe.com) is also a great place to try.

Easily masculine, it´s rather dry and dark tea scent. I doubt anyone will think of it as a woman scent if you wear it. But test it first because regardless of whether its masculine enough you might not like it at all for other reasons.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

As demonstrated by various posts in various threads Tea For Two is a love/hate fragrance to many.

I am down to the dregs in the last of 3 15ml decants and am considering a bottle purchase for next winter, even though a full bottle will probably still be half full years from now. This and a few other frags made reasonably priced decants so very alluring when they were available.

Not feminine at all in my opinion but very unisex. A deeply smoke/tea scent that sillages wildly and always draws a sniff or comment from folks in the area.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Definitely unisex. Hot, dirty, sweet tea with tasty spices. I love it.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Not my cup of tea (srry I couldn't resist), but it's definately wearable by a man.

Works for either men or women, I'm a guy and I love wearing it.. absolutely one of my favourite scents, and actually lasts all day on me.

It's strong enough for a man, but when a woman wears it.. *swoon* so hot.

Definitely get a sample though.

Off-Scenter

Unquestionably gender neutral in my book. I should add that after reviewing it negatively a couple of years back, I've come around to Tea for Two and now wear it regularly.