Code of Conduct

Default Melograno: What makes it feminine

I've been hearing that Melograno by SMN is a very feminine scent. What makes it so feminine? Are there any men here that wear it regularly?
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Default Re: Melograno: What makes it feminine

I see it as unisex. Right in the middle. The only component that may make it seem feminine to some may be the fact that it is quite powdery. If that doesn't bother you, I can't imagine it to be too feminine.

It is an odd bird IMO. I used to own a bottle. I like it, but had a hard time finding an occasion to wear it with ease. It seems to use aldehydes? maybe in the top, and it does become somewhat powdery, but it is very compelling, and I would place it firmly in the unisex spectrum. I am averse to overly feminine scents, so to say I was comfortable with it, should tell you it can't be overtly prissy. Now excuse me while I go reapply my Flowerbomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    It is an odd bird IMO. I used to own a bottle. I like it, but had a hard time finding an occasion to wear it with ease. It seems to use aldehydes? maybe in the top, and it does become somewhat powdery, but it is very compelling, and I would place it firmly in the unisex spectrum. I am averse to overly feminine scents, so to say I was comfortable with it, should tell you it can't be overtly prissy. Now excuse me while I go reapply my Flowerbomb.
    Well I am comfortable in my masculinity to wear feminine scents. I'm just wondering if it is appropriate for church.

Someone described it as "barber shoppy" I like barber shop scents like Pinaud Clubman and such.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Wink Re: Melograno: What makes it feminine

I would say this was a "love or hate" scent. It goes on with a wallop of
    aldehydes and needs very light application!
    I put far too much on the first time I wore it, thinking it would need a generous dose
    being an eau de cologne. Boy was I wrong! I ended up nearly asphixiating my poor sister!!
    The end result is a mixture of soft, incensy powder and tart, juiciness and is worth waiting for.

Melograno is definitely unisex/adrogynous and bestows an air of intrigue on whoever wears it.
    I don't find it overly masculine nor overtly feminine.It would suit church if worn judiciously.
    If you love it, wear it I say!
    Last edited by kewart; 22nd April 2009 at 06:04 PM.