Code of Conduct

Default Taking a look at Gucci what's next

These are the fragrances that Gucci has put out over the year's

Gucci-The orginal I never smelt but all signs point to it being a Chypre.
    Gucci Nobile-Again never smelt but every sings point to this being a green citrus maybe a fougre
    Gucci Envy-Oriental Woody.
    Gucci Rush-Spicy Fragrance
    Gucci Pour Homme-Woody Spicy Fragrance
    Gucci Pour Homme 2-Woody Spicy Fragrance
    Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme-Woody Cyphre Fragrance.

Two things jump out at me here. Gucci through its numerous perfumers and fragrance have never attempted to take on a Fresh Fragrance and they have never attempted a Gourmand either. I am not saying that the company should attempt these type of fragrances but.........I am asking what type of fragrance would you like to be released from the company next?

Default Re: Taking a look at Gucci what's next

I'd like them to not discontinue the 2003 Pour Homme, if that is what they are planning. I'd liek them to re-release Rush. That is all.

Well I can't imagine 'Flora by Gucci pour Homme', so I can't guess what it's gonna be next. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a generic aquatic, because P&G do love 'em.

Gucci never made a gourmand nor a fresh ozonic typical 90's frag cuz it simply doesn't suit the style of the brand. it's not armani nor mugler heh... I didn't like their latest launches (Gucci PH II and Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme), I wish they would relaunch Nobile and Rush for man though or at least come out with a new rocking frag, possibly a great leather masculine chypre.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Gucci never made a gourmand nor a fresh ozonic typical 90's frag cuz it simply doesn't suit the style of the brand. it's not armani nor mugler heh... I didn't like their latest launches (Gucci PH II and Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme), I wish they would relaunch Nobile and Rush for man though or at least come out with a new rocking frag, possibly a great leather masculine chypre.
    I thought i'd heard several people describe Envy as a gourmand/oriental. Am i mistaken? I just smelled a test strip some time ago, but thought i remember quite a vanilla scent to it. Thoughts?

Envy is more of an oriental than a gourmand. The only thing gourmandy about it, is the ginger, but it's more an oriental really.

I would say Gucci PH II is a fresh oriental. Nice tea-cinnamon combo.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Gucci should not make a fresh aquatic/ozonic!!! Stay on the gentlemanly/classy side of things and keep aiming your products at those men who are older and wealthier. The youthful scent market is big money, but is also a black-hole of nearly non-respectable fragrances. Stay away Gucci, stay away.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Envy is more of an oriental than a gourmand. The only thing gourmandy about it, is the ginger, but it's more an oriental really.

I would say Gucci PH II is a fresh oriental. Nice tea-cinnamon combo.
    Envy is definitely a woody oriental based on cedarwood with a greener opening, hints of spices and incense and a slight touch of ylang ylang in the heart. Nothing gourmand about it.

Just to clarify I got the classifactions for Envy, Pour Homme, Pour Homme 2, and Gucci by Gucci off the Gucci website.

Sur la Plage

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme Extreme/Intense - since the longevity of the original is < 1 hour.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Gucci is an old school Italian House - I can only see them coming out with spicy musky scents for men to fit their years old image.

So I would not be looking for any gourmand or marine scent coming from them...

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Gucci should not make a fresh aquatic/ozonic!!! Stay on the gentlemanly/classy side of things and keep aiming your products at those men who are older and wealthier. The youthful scent market is big money, but is also a black-hole of nearly non-respectable fragrances. Stay away Gucci, stay away.
    If every high school and college student wore Gucci Envy and similar types of scents, your would have something much different to say. Suddenly, Acqua di Gio would become gentlemanly and classy, and woody orientals would be "non-respectable" youth marketing rubbish. (what nonsense it is to call something non-respectable simply by judging its genre.. ugh.)

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    If every high school and college student wore Gucci Envy and similar types of scents, your would have something much different to say. Suddenly, Acqua di Gio would become gentlemanly and classy, and woody orientals would be "non-respectable" youth marketing rubbish. (what nonsense it is to call something non-respectable simply by judging its genre.. ugh.)
    You are wrong. Go to Dillards....almost nothing there is worth owning, regardless of genre. They don't carry Envy at my Dillards, which is the only place to buy frags in this college town. You have no idea what you are talking about (it's MY opinion after all). I did not say that any one genre is non-respectable. I don't care for woody orientals, as I prefer citruses and aquatics. And I didn't even mention Aqua di Gio. Thanks for taking my post and making it ridiculous.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Blog Entries

Behave, if you guys insist on fighting take it to PMs.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    ...or at least come out with a new rocking frag, possibly a great leather masculine chypre.
    Absolutely! That's exactly what they need. I think this is a wonderful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Gucci by Gucci pour Homme Extreme/Intense - since the longevity of the original is < 1 hour.
    ...and - if they had to market it as such for whatever reasons, this is what they could call it. I agree. Take the GbGPH woody chypre (or pseudo-chypre, if you like) and leather it up while moving in the direction of Tiffany for Men, but more leather. Pay a bit more homage to their earlier PH classics. Bam! Great frag, and oh so Gucci.

We can dream....