Code of Conduct

Thread: Ageless Fantasy

Default Ageless Fantasy

Just wondering if this is more "fantasy" than reality. Has anyone tried it?

http://agelessfantasy.com/

Thanks for any insight you can give me on this
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Default Re: Ageless Fantasy

Such foolishness.
    When women one day learn that it is not the product/fragrance/clothes you use that make one attractive, then we will be considered as equals.
    I feel this is all "fantasy" or rather "delusion" and a sad attempt at regaining lost youth.
    It is who you are, how you carry yourself, how you feel about yourself and your confidence level that make one appear youthful and attractive. it is not a fragrance, nor lotion, nor potion.
    This is why I left the cosmetic/fragrance industry, the eternal quest to be 21 years old forever.

I am sorry I am going off on a tangent, but this whole marketing thing, and the women who desperately buy into it, infuriate me to no end.

Every woman should save herself $120 and not buy this, just live and love life, and enjoy every moment of it.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

OMG I wish I had thought of this ....I could use some money for nothing!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 23rd April 2009 at 06:48 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

All the talk of "clinical tests" and "scientific engineering" -- but read the fine print at the end of the article:
    "Research has shown that men associate tropical fruits and pink grapefruit scents with "younger women". This is the essence of Ageless Fantasy®."
    A scent based on some surveys.
    Wonder why they didn't put bubblegum and lifesaver notes in. Maybe a bit too young.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    All the talk of "clinical tests" and "scientific engineering" -- but read the fine print at the end of the article:
    "Research has shown that men associate tropical fruits and pink grapefruit scents with "younger women". This is the essence of Ageless Fantasy®."
    A scent based on some surveys.
    Wonder why they didn't put bubblegum and lifesaver notes in. Maybe a bit too young.
    Well at least the name, Ageless FANTASY, holds some truth!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Odysseum - ha ha, that struck me about this product, too, when I first heard of it. The ad copy seems to hint at all sorts of white coated scientists and serious, in-depth studies of human biolgy etc., and then you realize it's just what some dudes thought a younger woman would smell like.

Funny. Save your pennies and buy some gum and some grapefruit essential oil.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

I thought it was going to be another Britney Spears fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I thought it was going to be another Britney Spears fragrance.
    Maybe it's the next in the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    It is who you are, how you carry yourself, how you feel about yourself and your confidence level that make one appear youthful and attractive.
    I agree with this. Age is just a number and largely a state of mind no matter what your gender.

Blog Entries

Oh brother! It makes you smell younger? As opposed to the old smell of filled 'Depends' and 'Vicks Vap-o-Rub', I'm guessing.

Ageless Fantasy is given such a nice name not because it's unreal, but because it takes you to some fantasy land..... may be into some sweet childhood memories. It's scientifically proven that tropical fruit fragrance reminds the cosy, soft, innocence days; and hence the smell makes a man perceive his women as younger. I am wearing it daily & happy that I dared to spend $120.

We should not forget that smell is the first thing that comes to our senses when we meet someone!

Men will think you're 8 years younger? Wow, can you believe that? Kudos to anyone who likes the stuff, wear what you want and be happy. But honestly, no one should fall for that line and buy it based on that alone. Nothing in a bottle (sadly) can take anyone back in time regardless of what a sales pitch tells you. This makes me think of all the different fragrances men here on basenotes have told me that they adored on their women. Funny how the notes described in this ad don't match any of those perfumes that were recommended to me as a fragrance that drove the men nuts! So much for those surveys I guess.

Yeah... I bet this "works" as well as a mini-dress.

Well I'm not going to tell anyone what they should like - if you love this perfume for the smell, great. Enjoy. But to buy something to make you smell younger???
    Surely a bottle of Pampelune is cheaper and just as effective?
    Though the BO element of AA Pampelune might make people think you're older and less flexible since you can't reach round to wash everything...

Seriously though - OK so the surveys say citrus smells are percieved as youthful and rose is associated with Grandmama? Fair enough, I'll accept that data. But my response is to go and shell out not many bucks on a bottle of decent Eau de Cologne and you'll not only smell of citrus but damn elegant, too.

Or am I coming at this from the wrong direction? Would something timelessly elegant like EdC not go with the 'Botox and fillers' look that's so in this season?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Blog Entries

Alice1111, methinks I smell a shill in our midst. Only 3 posts & all singing the praises of 'Ageless Fantasy'? TACKY!!!

It seems not many have tried it yet. Lots of Ageless buzz I am comming across these days......
    Can anyone tell me honestly (after using) how it really smells? I mean the exact notes, not young or old. I love & choose perfumes according how beautiful aroma it reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo View Post
    It seems not many have tried it yet. Lots of Ageless buzz I am comming across these days......
    Can anyone tell me honestly (after using) how it really smells? I mean the exact notes, not young or old. I love & choose perfumes according how beautiful aroma it reveals.
    So where is all that buzz? But rest assured, I'm sure everyone here will rush to buy a bottle and talk about it. I mean, with all this buzz, how could one resist?

another marketing attempt for making money. I am not going to surrender, I am satisfied with myself, as I am. Only if it smells wondefull that I am not sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1111 View Post
    Ageless Fantasy is given such a nice name not because it's unreal, but because it takes you to some fantasy land..... may be into some sweet childhood memories. It's scientifically proven that tropical fruit fragrance reminds the cosy, soft, innocence days; and hence the smell makes a man perceive his women as younger. I am wearing it daily & happy that I dared to spend $120.

We should not forget that smell is the first thing that comes to our senses when we meet someone!
    Interesting. I find the name puke worthy, to be honest. I also find the marketing angle of tapping into women's insecurities to be barf inducing and sleazy to no end. It also implies that men are all age obsessed simpletons who fear/hate mature, experienced women and prefer ditzy headed barely legal creatures in search of a sugar daddy.
    I wouldn't wear this stuff if my life depended on it and I would probably sue the unfortunate fool who made the mistake of spraying it on me.

... So what are you going to do about it, Oh Shilling One?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Ageless Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    another marketing attempt for making money. I am not going to surrender, I am satisfied with myself, as I am. Only if it smells wondefull that I am not sure of.
    Luca Turin gives it 2 stars - 'Not Recommended' in the add-on version of The Guide. He explains it as "Pear-melon version of Tommy Girl, if you're wondering." So SAVE YOUR $$$!
    Last edited by kumquat; 27th April 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Hey guys. Thanks for giving me so much attention!
    If time permits I love to talk about fashion, cosmetics and this is a perfume community. Ageless is the latest one I am using & found it exciting too.

$120 is not at all an issue if you enjoy the product so much, no matter whatever it is. And opinions differ. Hope you’ll agree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1111 View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for giving me so much attention!
    If time permits I love to talk about fashion, cosmetics and this is a perfume community. Ageless is the latest one I am using & found it exciting too.

$120 is not at all an issue if you enjoy the product so much, no matter whatever it is. And opinions differ. Hope you’ll agree with me?
    There have been a number of new perfumes since you joined, A.F is NOT the latest one, and all your posts are about this barbiedoll wannabe potion, so the suspicion of shilling is not far fetched at all.
    And to flippantly declare that $120 is not at all an issue if you enjoy the product is wrong:
    We live in economically precarious times to say the least, more and more people rely on swapping, buying decants or getting samples so get their frag fix, others simply tighten their belts and do without. But if money is so trivial to you, why don't you distribute free bottles to Basenoters, if you're so convinced of the superiority of your product?

I’m with shimkai on this! What really disturbs me is this relentless and incessant youth propaganda bombarding us at every turn. Not only is it pervasive in every avenue of media and saturated in every level of modern culture, but its overt display implies that anyone that is NOT young is somehow diminished.

The reality is that the experience and abilities of maturity are the MOST valuable assets of a culture! By our obvious contempt for the old and the dismissive attitude to anyone past youth, we are implicitly tossing to the wayside the very wisdom that will keep our societies from imploding with stupidity.

By giving so much credence to youthful superiority, we have created a MYTH that we will be hard-pressed to rid ourselves of.

Sorry for the rant!

To feel "Ageless" is wonderful, it implies confidence in oneself and no need to focus on the NUMBER.

To think a fragrance will make you "Ageless" is pure and utter "Fantasy" .

Alice 1111, please tell your company we are amused by this all, but (I think I speak for all of us) we would rather spend our money on a fabulously well crafted fragrance. You are correct $120 is not an issue, but if I wanted to smell like a teenager, well I never really did, I guess I was just too sophisticated and sure of myself to want to be silly and smell of grapefruit and bubblegum.
    I wore No 5 Chanel, as a teenager, that is an "ageless" fragrance.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

I visited the website. Just another money making idea to me. I'd rather spend $120 on Chergui ,thanks very much . Besides, I like being the older woman , God- I've waited years to be the older woman ! Please don't take me back to my naive years ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I guess the makers of A.F never learned that women's sexual peak happens in middle age and beyond...

Very interesting discussion!!!!
    So what perfumes are there out there with a grapefruit smell that don't cost the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I visited the website. Just another money making idea to me. I'd rather spend $120 on Chergui ,thanks very much . Besides, I like being the older woman , God- I've waited years to be the older woman ! Please don't take me back to my naive years ! *LOL*
    Thank you for saying that so well, Mysticknot. I love my age. "I've waited years to be the older woman" best quote ever

Quote Originally Posted by ems View Post
    Very interesting discussion!!!!
    So what perfumes are there out there with a grapefruit smell that don't cost the earth?
    I was going to say Kiehl's Grapefruit Oil, and check out this thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/218...ruit-fragrance
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 3rd January 2010 at 01:25 PM.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Framingham/Boston area in New England, MA

Dear Alice1111---Good for you! To hell with the nay-sayer's! Fragrance should be about personal taste and what makes you feel good, bring back memories, turn on your partner and/or just make you happy. No one should be a "perfume snob." I am a not an "expert" like so many others on this site but I know what I like and I like what I like! So, I really don't care what anyone thinks of my immature or gullible feelings/taste when it comes to fragrance!!! PS...I bought a small roll-on of this on Ideeli Website yesterday for $14. I also went on the website and they offer many different spending/size/spray or roll-on options at very affordable prices. So for all who keep saying it's $120 a bottle, maybe you should do your "homework" instead of making such harsh, snap judgments!
    Last edited by Sorrow; 25th August 2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Complaints re: font etc. Accused of "shilling?" Have nothing to do w/brand, other than buying a discounted small roll-on.
    Sorrow
    aka: CrimsonSorrow

"Some of the Sweetest Candy is Sour as Death Inside"
    "All Things Good Are Wild and Free"

Love this thread! especially the suspicious comments.

really enjoyed the website. Very amusing, especially as virtually all the fragrances since 20 years are the ''dumb teenager barbie-doll bubblegum'' style.

I have been old ever since I was born, and I have enjoyed smelling like an ''older woman'' ever since I got my first perfume, Miss Balmain, as a teenager.
    And I never looked back!
    Especially not in time!

Not that I mind all the pinky bubblegum flowery ''girly'' fragrances, makes everybody smell yukkie, and myself delicious!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Sorrow, I haven't seen you around these parts either, odd that there are 2 new members in here both speaking so positively about this fragrance that slashes 8 years off your life. So spooky.

I think pretty much everyone would agree that perfume is about what you like, what you enjoy, and not about price. However, that's not the crux of this issue. I believe the crux of the issue is selling a perfume on the merits that it makes you appear younger. That is so offensive, let me count the ways.

1) offensive that we're supposed to believe a scent can make you "appear younger" to the opposite sex - maybe they'll make one that will make us appear thinner as well ... which brings me to point #2

2) offensive that we as women are still considered and marketed to as if our only value were youth and beauty - I don't see one that makes us "appear smarter" but maybe that's why the sell the glasses with clear (rather than prescription) lenses.

3) offensive that these same marketers believe we should and will pay $120 to "appear younger"

4) offensive that they, then, send out their marketers to pose as regular posters here on the Basenoters forums, that's just insulting to our intelligence

I'm sure others can add to this list, but I'm offended that we have to point out reasons why this marketing campaign offends us. Perhaps they can next market one to men that makes them "appear to have hair". Make sure you find a spot that's stereotypically offensive to each gender and go after it.

Oh, and i would never fork out $120,- for a fragrance unless it is a huge bottle of a vintage perfume.
    You know, one of these ''older women'' perfumes full of oakmoss and prohibited ingredients!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

You know what? Give me 120 dollars (for my vintage perfume shopping) and I'll wear that (it's pink isn't it? I can't quite remember, but I'll bet it's pink) ''rejuvinating'' fragrance for a while.
    Now is that a good offer or not?
    It must be worth something to have somebody with really good taste in perfumes willing to wear this baby-barbie fragrance?
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Oh damn elizrj, just as I was thinking of the new perfume I was going to develop, you spoil it!

Anyway, just to get in first: I am working on the most unequivocal Chypre, but I will let that rest while I am concocting: ''Pink Fluffy''
    Makes you look younger, pinker, thinner and dumber! No pedophile will be able to resist!

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Yes, of course... it's PINK!!!!
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

appears as if it makes you look tanner too ... don't forget that ... tanner, oh and bigger boobs

.... that picture is seriously disturbing, it's like an amped up version of every guy's fantasy

blonde? check
    thin? check
    big boobs? check
    sexy yet innocent? check (cuz Lord knows, if we can be both, all the better - they don't want us toooo sexy, read whorish, or too innocent, read prudish)

I'm not bashing, cuz I don't believe all men want this... but I believe this is what is pushed as a product, sad ... women as a product

Oh yes, you will loose 8 years, 8 inches of skirt, 80 IQ-points, and gain 8 boob-sizes!
    Isn't that picture good? Scary!
    I think I will market my ''Pink Fluffy FrouFrou Fragrance'' with before and after drawings....
    Can't wait to get back home where I have all my stuff and start working on it...
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Framingham/Boston area in New England, MA

Wow...so harsh! I'm sorry to have offended you with my ignorance. This is exactly why I haven't posted on here much. As a person who is not as knowledgeable about fragrance as you, it is extremely intimidating to post on here. I have no affiliation, spooky or otherwise with the company or the marketing of this fragrance. I just feel that if you like something or it appeals to you, you should not go by the marketing as SO MANY things are marketed in ways that can be offensive. I have no belief that any product at all is going to make me appear younger, sexier, thinner or smarter etc. I mostly ignore marketing and try what I want to try based on notes I think I will like. I doubt I will be posting much on here anymore as I have been made to feel ignorant by you and others on here.
    Sorrow
    aka: CrimsonSorrow

"Some of the Sweetest Candy is Sour as Death Inside"
    "All Things Good Are Wild and Free"

I consider Basenotes as by far the most friendly and sympathetic forum I have participated in online.

The only threads and comments where I have ever seen critical comments is when visitors are trying to push propaganda for commercial businesses, and/or using shadow accounts, and I consider that quite reasonable. Especially because this is such a kind and amicable forum, and people are very generous and trusting.
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

I was given a bottle of Ageless Fantasy by the maker at a perfume expo. It's a punchbowl fragrance -- a big fruity floral, lots of sillage, not at all longlasting. Reminded me of ambrosia, that dessert with pineapple and marshmallow. I did not think it was well done (but then again, I'm not a fan of the genre) so I swapped it long ago.

I would advise that much of perfume is psychological. I've gotten rid of bottles of perfectly good juice that I was wearing when something unpleasant happened, for example. Didn't want the memories. If AF makes you feel young and sexy, good. The price quoted is definitely steep for juice of that quality, but then again, I can think of 3 or 4 Lutens that don't justify the pricetag, either.

hahahaha... lol @ this whole thread! I thought the name sounded like something from Vicky's Secret...

Btw, I think I'd rather spend those $120 (and a bit more hehehe) on a bottle of... pfff, don't know... So many fragrances out there to sniff, try, BUY... I was thinking about one of les exclusifs since I haven't had the oportunity to try them out yet.

This whole Ageless Fantasy® sounds like those silly tv ads from a few years ago about the pheromone perfume, blah, blah, blah.

And to whoever posted this thread here on this forum to try to advertise this crap, sorry, you came to the wrong forum XD It's like trying to sell Tucci/Nucci/Xucci bags to someone who collects Gucci ones...

Nothing/no-one in this world can defy the process of aging... But Cher... XD

*sprays some flowerbomb grabs elderly person's walking cane, goes out to the park*

Last edited by Azahar; 4th May 2011 at 04:21 PM.