Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

I have only smelled Iris Bleu Gris from a tester in the old bottle style (red glass, 90 ml). Has anyone smelled this and the newer bottles (orange rounded glass 100 ml) and can you comment whether they smelled the same?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd April 2009 at 11:54 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

Hi Mike,
    Yep - there seems to be a difference between old and new... with several of the MPG frags:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...is#post1194477

The newer version of IBG seems to go sour on my skin compared to the original..., though the top notes and middle seem about the same.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

Thanks Schachman.

Anyone else smell both?

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

So Schachman which do you prefer? I've smelled only the older one and it goes on nearly bitter but warms over a period of hours on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    the 100ml is the new mpg.
    the 90ml bottles are the old formula's.

Don't get me tripping over this one too. I freaked out over RdV reformulation. Fortuanately it got me a 75% full vintage tester bottle for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reformulation is NEVER a good thing. I have it in the red bottle & it is divine. I got it from an online shop, cheap too. I wouldn't get the reform if I had a choice.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    Mike,
    the 100ml is the new mpg.
    the 90ml bottles are the old formula's.
    Oops, thanks moreda. Changing my post above...

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice any difference when I re-smelled it at Bendels recently...maybe they had an old tester bottle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    So Schachman which do you prefer? I've smelled only the older one and it goes on nearly bitter but warms over a period of hours on my skin.
    For me, the dry-down on the new version went a little off on me, so while I still like it, I preferred the original. I can't say there is a huge difference, but perhaps they changed one product and that made a difference. I have to admit, I wore it rarely... though I kept the bottle, and will revisit it a little later.

Anyone know if old and new Eau des Iles and Parfum d'Habit are the same as they were?
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Anyone know if old and new Eau des Iles and Parfum d'Habit are the same as they were?
    Here's a fairly recent thread on Parfum d'Habit.