Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

I have only smelled Iris Bleu Gris from a tester in the old bottle style (red glass, 90 ml). Has anyone smelled this and the newer bottles (orange rounded glass 100 ml) and can you comment whether they smelled the same?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th April 2009 at 12:54 AM.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Oud Luban by Aftelier

Default Re: Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

Hi Mike,
    Yep - there seems to be a difference between old and new... with several of the MPG frags:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...is#post1194477

The newer version of IBG seems to go sour on my skin compared to the original..., though the top notes and middle seem about the same.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Any difference in the 'old' and 'new' bottles of Iris Bleu Gris by MPG?

Thanks Schachman.

Anyone else smell both?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

So Schachman which do you prefer? I've smelled only the older one and it goes on nearly bitter but warms over a period of hours on my skin.

Mike,
    the 100ml is the new mpg.
    the 90ml bottles are the old formula's.

Don't get me tripping over this one too. I freaked out over RdV reformulation. Fortuanately it got me a 75% full vintage tester bottle for free.

Blog Entries

Reformulation is NEVER a good thing. I have it in the red bottle & it is divine. I got it from an online shop, cheap too. I wouldn't get the reform if I had a choice.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    Mike,
    Oops, thanks moreda. Changing my post above...

-- Eckhart Tolle

I didn't notice any difference when I re-smelled it at Bendels recently...maybe they had an old tester bottle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    So Schachman which do you prefer? I've smelled only the older one and it goes on nearly bitter but warms over a period of hours on my skin.
    For me, the dry-down on the new version went a little off on me, so while I still like it, I preferred the original. I can't say there is a huge difference, but perhaps they changed one product and that made a difference. I have to admit, I wore it rarely... though I kept the bottle, and will revisit it a little later.

Anyone know if old and new Eau des Iles and Parfum d'Habit are the same as they were?
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Anyone know if old and new Eau des Iles and Parfum d'Habit are the same as they were?
    Here's a fairly recent thread on Parfum d'Habit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    You killed the thread (joke,..) but seriously, Any more opinions on this would be greatly appreciated, I ordered a 100ml Red Bottle of IRIS Bleu Gris by Maitre Parfumer et Gantier new in box from Universal Perfumes, I seem to remember buying successfully from them a few times,, I so hope it is authentic, AND that it is an older formula, The bottle is Dark Red, I have to assume the Sexier Clear bottles at Lucky scent are the reformulations,.. I am a huge fan of IRIS, I have both of the Bois d'Iris (TDC and Van Cleef), I have Xeryjoff Irisss, L'Artisan Parfumers 'Iris Pallida', Diors Bois d'Argent, Chanel 19 and 28 La Pausa, Guerlain APRES l'Ondee, L'Occitanes 'Iris Bleu & Iris Blanc', Pradas Infusion d'Iris, L'Artisans 'Aedes de Venustas', Aqua di Parma 'Iris Nobil'e', I know i'm forgetting a few,. I wore the original Diorissimo Homme for years, but it smells synthetic to me now after so many years loving natural plant essences and niche Parfum brands,.. . essentially, I have nearly every Iris fragrance but I have never even tried Iris Bleu Gris! I figure if I adore so very many iris fraggies, surely, I will love it as well,.. It is often called the reference iris fragrance of 'note' that all lovers of iris need to try..
    It's not often I blind buy a $99.00 3.3oz bottle but I do love my Iris Treasures! ;")

Thank you for any info etc!
    Last edited by WoodyBois; 19th June 2017 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    Mike,
    ...the new bottles are 120ml!!
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 19th June 2017 at 05:37 AM.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I imagine that there would be a change of contents also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.