Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD, Friday 24 April 2009

Good morning my darlings, hope everyone will enjoy their Friday.

This morning (I will be off to sleep in a moment) I am bathed in vintage Quadrille extrait

I will see you all later, love and hugs to all; not to mention tons of healing vibes to those who need them. xoxo
    Last edited by Brielle87; 24th April 2009 at 06:55 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Default Re: Friday 23 April 2009

TGIF! Azurée Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent

Default Re: SotD, Friday 24 April 2009

Good morning everybody Today is a mild ,but grey day. I'm off to a doctor's appointment soon,but decided to wear a scent non the less.hope those with a rough time lately take care and that all of you have a great friday!! Sotd is L'heure bleue edp.Been craving it lately!

Good morning to all
    This has been a week with sunny days in my part of Norway.
    Finally the spring is here
    I'm in SL A La Nuit
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

It's midnight and we just got back from a performance in Carmel. The night air was heavy with the smell of the sea, cypress and night-scented flowers. It is the few molecules of its exquisite perfume that I shall wear to bed tonight.

And in the morning, it will be Czech & Speake No. 88.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Thanks to a very generous sample supplied by Asha, today I'm wearing the delightful:

Thank you Ash! :bounce:

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Michael Kors - Michael for Men.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Today it'll be Ava Luxe Moroccan Mint Tea.

Have a big knot in my stomach, so anxious with everything I need to do and things that are happening around me... hope it'll calm down soon. At least my parent's cat decided to start liking me after all. Small comfort.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

JHL (It's a little warm for this, but . . .)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 24th April 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Blenheim Bouquet - Penhaligon's

Putain des Palaces
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Up early with a minor dose of insomnia.
    Il Profumo Patchouly Noir.

Getting warmer! Summer's coming!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

I'll be heading to work shortly in Rochas Tocade. I have been wearing this for 3 days straight and I can't even count how many compliments I have had on it.....probably 4-8 every day. When i went into preop with my husband on Tues. the RN said before she could ask any questions she had to know what kind of perfume I had on and where to get it (wrote it down and everything).

Have a great Friday!!!

Love's True Bluish Light

By Killian - Beyond Love

Take a deep breath, Veuve, and go to the new shop of Skins Cosmetics. They have Le Labo now
    That will take care of the knot in your stomach, I guess.

Spring is back, the kitchen is already filled with delicious fragrances for tonight's dinner party.......now I only have to find a missing bunny.
    Praying that she has not chewed the internet cables *again*

Enjoy your Friday!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Basenotes Plus

(((((Veuve))))) Sending positive, calming vibes to you and to anyone else in need.

Sonia Rykiel Le Parfum
    top notes: hinoki wood, mimosa, passion flower
    heart notes: Chinese osmanthus, Rose de Mai, Tuscan iris
    base notes: tonka bean, amber, vanilla

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Oh Chaya, I hope your heart hasn't sunk too low.
    And Veuve, chin up, old girl. Isn't today the day you move into your new and wonderful apartment (not next to a brothel!). Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Here, it's glorious spring sunshine again and I have all the windows open and yet more washing on the line (bet you're gripped by that). I'm wearing Vivienne Westwood's Libertine, another bargain bin discovery in the January sales. This purchase was inspired by our very own Libertine, who is a honey. And anyway, how can I resist a perfume that shares it's name with one of the best films I've ever seen, staring the delicious Johnny Depp about one of English Literature's most delectably debauched artists. Byron? Nah! John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester. Quite a guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wi...l_of_Rochester

The perfume? Based around viburnum, Westwood's favourite flower, and highly appropriate for spring. It's light, gentle withouth being sweet. Perfect for a spring day. I imagine it would be good in hot summer weather too.

Sending everyone some more of this Swiss sunshine, hopefully to lift your spirits if you're feeling glum and make you feel better if you're poorly or stressed.
    Hugs.
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 24th April 2009 at 11:28 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

The sun has left us, we are in the throes of the worst recession
    for years, but are we disheartened - nooooooooo!!
    Jardins De Bagatelle is lifting my spirits today.

Happy birthday to the_good_life and Lievje! Go scent the town red!
    Finally it seems like it is actually going to get warm.
    For this first warm day I'm channeling my inner Will Smith and I'm Gettin' Figgy Wit' It, na,na,na,na,nana; Gettin' Figgy Wit' It:

Diptyque Philosykos

It is always interesting to me to go back and visit the early work of aritsts I admire. These early efforts usually hold the embryonic beginnings of what will become their trademark style over time. Diptyque Philosykos is one of those cases. It was the third scent created by Olivia Giacobetti and released in 1996. It was interesting that Ms. Giacobetti was choosing to revisit fig as her central note as she had already used it in her first scent for L'Artisan, Premier Figuier, two years earlier. In that scent Ms. Giacobetti created a rich fig scent. In Philosykos her second take on fig was to strip it down to basics. Right from the top the fig bursts to life and come flying out of the gate. This is a green fig a few days away from being ripe. It is also a very dry beginning as if a warm arid breeze was wafting the scent of a fig grove towards you. As this progresses that imaginary fig grove begins to take shape as the leaves and the wood begin to accompany the fruit of the fig. Finally at the base this wonderful wet earth accord pulls this fig grove of the nose together in a beautiful way. Ms. Giacobetti will go on to perfect this accord in 2000's Frederic Malle En Passant but in Philosykos you definitely sniff its genesis. The overall feel of Philosykos of sheer central accords will be repaeated many times by Ms. Giacobetti and this is a good early example of what will become her signature style. Philosykos is one of my favorite fig scents because of that style.

Have a Friendly Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 24th April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

...loved your commentary SMM!

Wearing KAI for our School Walk For Diabetes today ~ it's expected to top 80 degrees!!!

Got a stinking cold, and not really feeling like perfume, but decided to slap it all on anyway and see if it made things any better:

OJ Woman - this is as nice as ever. Is black hemlock medicinal, maybe?
    Histoires de Parfum Noir Patchouli - bit mothbally today, sorry! Shades of Serge Noir...
    Eau de Cartier - quite decongesting actually and doesn't sting like Olbas oil!
    Frapin Esprit de Fleurs - also good for clearing the passages.

So it is just the Noir Patchouli that is not doing it for me!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

This peaceful scent works really well on sunny days too: Passage d'Enfer
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Tinkling tinker, tink, tink, tinks, Life without you almost stinks! Happy Birthday, my dear 424, I love you and remember you fondly. Please drop me or musse a line or two on how you and Princess C. are doing and if you both liked the Monkey pillow or what.

Tocade is a very well-composed fragrance, tdi, no wonder many people like it on you. I am still keeping a bottle of mine.

Will wear Caron Aimez-Moi to pick my last two paychecks from my previous place of employment. It grounds me and balances the people around. It is long lasting and fun, sometimes.

Have a nice Friday all!

Has anyone heard from Lady_in_Black? How is she doing these days?
    Last edited by Twolf; 24th April 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Veuve - I've decided it's going to be a good day for you. Relax. Relax.
    Tdi - Hope everything is good with your husband.

I think I'm going to try a Sisley. Maybe #2

Thank goodness it's Friday.
    Been waiting for this day since Monday.

Very spring like day today, so I'll be celebrating it in Angelique Lilas.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

No birthday without cake.......

Happy Birthday, lievje, the_good_life and tinker424
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

With Paula today in Love's True Bluish Light. I am hosting a staff retreat at my apartment today. A long day ahead.

A perfect spring scent for me: L'Artisan's Mimosa Pour Moi

Vanille Peach

Have a lovely Friday, all.

Happy Birthdays

Finally feels like spring!!!
    L'Ete en Douce for me
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Route du Vétiver by MPG today. Expecting a nice, sunny day. One not too hot and buffered by huge white cumulous clouds.

lievje, the_good_life
    Last edited by kbe; 24th April 2009 at 01:42 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Continuing to use chance as my SOTD guide, I found a little decant of Jasmin Noir in my travel bag before leaving for FLA to visit relatives. My mother-in-law, the sweet person whose vintage bottles are displayed on my perfume shelves now, is turning 92, but not doing so well. It is a happy and sad birthday celebration.

"You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Thumbs up Re: SotD, Friday 24 April 2009

Robert Piguet's CRASH
    During the day : Eau de Parfum
    Evening : Extrait de Parfum

IMO this is the Best Tuberose scent
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

:bounce:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU:bounce:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
    HAPPY BIRTHDA-A-A-A-AY DEAR LIEVJE
    :bounce:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO-O-O-O-O UH YO-O-O-O-O-OU!! :bounce:

Just LUV "the mind is drunken monkey"...that's where I was this ayem, reading the choices all you lovely people had made and wanting to wear them all. Figs! Tocade!! Mimosa!! Gardens of Shells! Viburnum!! A classic Quadrille!! "High Class Whore"!! FRAY - bloody - KAH!!!

For better or worse (BETTER!!) I had already grabbed up a sample and sprayed on Vintage Tabarome from one of you divine BNers (gotta do a better job of classifying my samples...gotta...)

I love the "new" Tabarome MIlliseme (thanks to KBE who made the intro) - and I think I love this one even more, cuz I love tobacco. This is is fresh tobacco rolled between the fingers with what seem like tea and maybe bergamot and a hint of - maybe? - lavender. A real wowzer! Deep and rich and classy.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy birthday to Tinker, Lievje and The_Good_Life!

It's Hermes Vetiver Tonka for me today.

Fabulous Friday, please!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Declaration Eau Genereuse by Cartier

Perfect scent for a sparkling and sunny Friday in Miami. TGIF everyone!

Happy Birthday the_good_life !
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday, lievje, the_good_life and tinker424 and have a great weekend too. Today I am back in Montale Musk to Musk which is such a fresh woody white- musky skin scent. Constant wrist sniffing. I did that yesterday afternoon- sniff, sniff, sniff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Healing hugs for (((Mr. tdi))). (Don't you just love the fact that your wife's fragrance upstaged your medical situation, sir?)

With three birthday kids, we'll need more cake, and a special one for Lievje!
    Happy Day, Children!
    No scent for me yet except natural stink--gotta whip this household into shape before I shower.
    The daughter's BF is sleeping over here tonight. Strangely, we're okay with that.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Calandre...
    Last edited by semisweet411; 25th April 2009 at 04:29 AM.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Happy Birthday to lievje, the_good_life and tinker424!

(((((Chaya, Veuve, Nostalgie, tdi))))

SOTD is 31 Rue Cambon.

Happy Birthday to all the B.D. kids! Going to work out at the gym in Gap So Pink. I love this for working out because it keeps smelling fresh even if I'm running sweat!

Happy Birthday to Lievje, the good life, and tinker424!!

To Veuve, I am hoping the remains of the day bring you some peace of mind!

All the Mitsouko talk has made me hungry for it, so I'm enjoying my luscious oakmoss while I can.

(my bottle doesn't look like this )

A lovely weekend to everyone!

Well thank you all, and happy birthday to the birthday people!

In fact, my birthday is tomorrow, the 25th of April. The birthday planner of Basenotes almost works.

I'm in Feuilles de Tabac - Miller Harris.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Christian Dior
    DIORELLA

I'm up north with the boys and we are going on a hike. Since I have limited options up here, I usually raid the sample box before I leave. Today I am in Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie. I can certainly appreciate the artistry in this and it will definitely work for a hike, but that juniper note is sticking like glue to me (after two hours- does this stuff really wear off other people quickly?). Definitely not one to add to the collection!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

Trying montale aoud damascus.

have a great day!

Hello again all, what a lovely day its shaping turning out to be.

Happy Birthday to the_good_life , Tinker and Lievje, have fun and enjoy; have a piece of cake

((Veuve)) just breathe sweety, relax, all will be fine.

Tdi hugs and prayers for hubby and you.

((((Twolf))) as always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Chaya))) hope you and J are having a blast in the city.

Today, I will be in vintage Madame Rochas

Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Happy Friday!

Last night we celebrated bf's birthday with a group dinner out. It was great fun - lots of laughter, trash talk, sweet talk, cocktails, dirty jokes, and many hugs. Good times. I wore Mitsouko edp. This morning when I showered, wafts of it kept coming up along with reminders of the fun evening, so I decided to wear it again, this time in pure parfum from a precious sample.

Scent twins with Sunnyfunny. :wave:

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Showered ... now, Nanadebary Green. Having a lunch of too many Tostitos with a Hint of Lime. Dang, these are addictive.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Another unusually cool day here...wet & grey...taking some comfort in C&S Dark Rose. Hope Friday is going well for all and that you have a great weekend...

The morning in Jicky

the evening in Chopard Infiniment

SotD was By Killian's Love, a perfect scent to wear for substitute art teaching in an elementary school. This afternoon, now that school is finished, I'm nursing a vodka & tonic, heading off a migraine, and wearing Chanel No. 5 edt, which I find calming & cooling. My last class of the day: the wildest bunch of 3rd graders ever. Lord of the Flies!

Happy birthday to Tinker, Lievje and The_Good_Life!

TGIF!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 24th April 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Blog Entries

C&E Evelyn!

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    This peaceful scent works really well on sunny days too: Passage d'Enfer
    I'm currently thinking I might prefer this in warm weather. Not hot necessarily, but I enjoy a richer incense in the cold.

Yesterday was Passage d'Enfer for me, and last night I curled up to sleep with Vol de Nuit parfum.

Today in Zagorsk.

OJ Frangipani. Really enjoying this the last couple of days.

Happy Birthdays and Happy Weekend!

Trying to recover from bronchitis today, and finding my SotD, Neil Morris DARK EARTH, very comforting.

Birthday wishes to those celebrating!!!

A very happy birthday to all celebrants. And an equally happy unbirthday to the rest of you! After all we all can use a reason to celebrate.

SotD: Prada Infusion d'Iris
    SotE: CdG Vettiveru

In Umè, thanks to a sample sent by the lovely Tao-baby. This scent really does remind me of Coco; like a slice of it has been blended with something else. I must do a side-by-side. Enjoying it today.

I've spent the first half of my day reading and writing and the second half proofreading. I'm feeling really cross-eyed now.

Happy birthday Lievje (for tomorrow!), the good life and tinker

Happy Birthday, lievje, the_good_life and tinker424

Bandit for me today. I love oakmoss!
    Last edited by *dora*; 24th April 2009 at 11:25 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

John Varvatos Vintage tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon