Code of Conduct

Default Guess who got their C&S sample pack in the mail...

That would be me!!! I'm very new to C&S, so I'm looking for direction in moving these samples and what to expect... many thanks for all of your dedicated support
    At your service

Default Re: Guess who got their C&S sample pack in the mail...

Awesome mate - I hope you find some treasures in there

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    That would be me!!! I'm very new to C&S, so I'm looking for direction in moving these samples and what to expect... many thanks for all of your dedicated support
    Expect to be underwhelmed. After all the chatter that some of these C&S scents get on BN I would have thought that they were something special. So far, not one of their scents has done anything for me; its not that they are bad, they are all quite pleasant in their own way but they are hardly worthy of the rave reviews and chatter they receive.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

There are definately some good finds within the sample pack, and also some poor efforts, all nicely presented though.
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

I got mine in the mail yesterday, and naturally the No. 88 sample was crushed and broken

It was the one I really really wanted to sample, bah. At least the Cuba is still intact though

I dabbed on "rose" last night and woke up today feeling as if I'd rolled around in a pile of those bouquets you can buy at 7-11... oh well
    At your service

How long did yours take to get to you after you contacted them? I have one coming my way.

interesting
    I wish they would send them in atomizers though
    the vials are very annoying and give a different experience than spritzing
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    interesting
    I wish they would send them in atomizers though
    the vials are very annoying and give a different experience than spritzing
    Now, now beggar

You can always transfer to an atomizer.

funny you should mention that my extremely wealthy friend I just purchased a big pack of atomizers to transfer all of these splashes into a more convenient transfer method
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Now, now beggar

You can always transfer to an atomizer.
    At your service

How long did you have to wait for the samples to arrive? I have waited almost a month now... still no samples...

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Expect to be underwhelmed. After all the chatter that some of these C&S scents get on BN I would have thought that they were something special. So far, not one of their scents has done anything for me; its not that they are bad, they are all quite pleasant in their own way but they are hardly worthy of the rave reviews and chatter they receive.
    Given surreality's opinions of some frags I love, this is practically a rave review!

IMO, the C&S scents are all, at the very least, pleasant. And some are a good deal more than that.

No. 88 is a classic; I own a bottle of it.

Neroli is excellent.

Oxford & Cambridge is a very nice lavender. The mint note makes it distinctive and interesting.

I also quite like Frankincense and Myrrh

My samples arrived after @ 5 weeks

For me the champ of the bunch is 88

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    funny you should mention that my extremely wealthy friend I just purchased a big pack of atomizers to transfer all of these splashes into a more convenient transfer method
    I meant it like beggars can't be choosers. It's always a surprise when people find complaints to make about gifts. Atomizers are like 30 cents so it's an easy solution. I promise I wasn't trying to be rude!

no I was being serious with a wardrobe like yours you've gotta have a sizeable bankroll
    At your service

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Same here. At least half are quite nice but there's nothing FBW among them for me.

No. 88 would be FBW if it weren't so damn weak. Same goes for Cuba.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    No. 88 would be FBW if it weren't so damn weak. Same goes for Cuba.
    Agreed. Cuba was my overall favourite, followed by Paradisi and No.88. Dark Rose was very nice too but my Montales made this one pretty much redundant.

you guys who think that they are weak should really stop talking on a vial experience only.

No 88 is DEFINITELY not weak , by far not. Every one who owns a bottle will tell you so.

I was disappointed by the vials (shipped in 5 days one month ago) but that s always the case with vials. It s so damn weak when it s not sprayed.

Even Neroli that disappears after (not even) one hour when applied from the vial is in fact very long lasting and great . I own a full bottle of it and almost can t say these are the same fragrances from the vial and from my full bottle.

I own full bottles of 88, Neroli and Oxford ad Cambridge. They are all 3 1000 times better when sprayed than the weak experience they give you when applied from the free samples. It s almost different fragrances.

Funny how the fact that they give samples of their whole line , at their own costs for the international shipping etc. can eventually be a bad move since ppl then won t try them in sprays, what all their fragrances really need to be effectively tested.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    you guys who think that they are weak should really stop talking on a vial experience only.

No 88 is DEFINITELY not weak , by far not. Every one who owns a bottle will tell you so.

I was disappointed by the vials (shipped in 5 days one month ago) but that s always the case with vials. It s so damn weak when it s not sprayed.

Even Neroli that disappears after (not even) one hour when applied from the vial is in fact very long lasting and great . I own a full bottle of it and almost can t say these are the same fragrances from the vial and from my full bottle.

I own full bottles of 88, Neroli and Oxford ad Cambridge. They are all 3 1000 times better when sprayed than the weak experience they give you when applied from the free samples. It s almost different fragrances.

Funny how the fact that they give samples of their whole line , at their own costs for the international shipping etc. can eventually be a bad move since ppl then won t try them in sprays, what all their fragrances really need to be effectively tested.
    Ermmm... a couple of years ago, I spritzed myself with No.88 at least half a dozen times, from a tester, and my impressions were pretty much the same as they are now.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your C&S bottles but your positive experience will not, necessarily, be the same for others.

Oh, btw, I went for the free samples to give this house a second chance...
    Last edited by Trebor; 26th April 2009 at 07:55 PM.

I m not speaking at all, if you read me carefully, about positive or negative experience. I respect every taste and I find that it s the beauty of fragrances. You can love a fragrance that your bestfriend will hate etc.

But i spoke about 88 being weak. Whether you like it or hate it, this fragrance is very very potent. It lasts more than 10 hours on my dry skin !
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I m not speaking at all, if you read me carefully, about positive or negative experience. I respect every taste and I find that it s the beauty of fragrances. You can love a fragrance that your bestfriend will hate etc.

But i spoke about 88 being weak. Whether you like it or hate it, this fragrance is very very potent. It lasts more than 10 hours on my dry skin !

What ?

Read my first post again, that has not been edited as you can see.

I did not mention anything about someone's tastes, I spoke about the fact that you can t say that a fragrance is weak after trying only samples. Then I don t care if you like it or not.

The 2 two sentences i wrote are quite explicit:

"you guys who think that they are weak should really stop talking on a vial experience only.

No 88 is DEFINITELY not weak , by far not. Every one who owns a bottle will tell you so"

So thank you for explaining what you feel instead of letting me guess with a smiley.

No. 88 lasts ages on me, BUT longevity can vary a lot person to person. For example Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. On some it lasts forever; on me it's gone in an hour.

No 88 is powerful even from a free sample shout for about 5h and after 5h its more subtle
    cuba for my nose might be more "bold" (?), its way too subtle, only when my body temperature rises sillage is showing some claws
    Last edited by yrk; 26th April 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    No. 88 lasts ages on me, BUT longevity can vary a lot person to person. For example Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. On some it lasts forever; on me it's gone in an hour.
    Thank you.

If it is true that 88 lasts for ages when sprayed C&S should put some sprayers on their samples because there's no store that sells their product in a 200 mile radius from where I live so my only option is dismissing the frag based on my experience with the vial.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

-Now I agree with all the last posts.

And yes longevity does vary but only from one skin to another, not from one fragrance to another. What I mean is that the very powerful fragrances will last more on anyone and the weak ones will disappear. But everything is subjective. If you skin keeps the fragrance a long time you ll keep the monsters 24 hours and the weak ones 4 hours, if you skin absorbs the fragrance you ll keep the monsters 10 hours and after 1 hour the weak ones will be gone.

So yes, some will still smell fragrances on their skin much longer than others but that would be true for almost all fragrances then. Otherwise, it might be noise fatigue.

For instance, everyone agrees that fragrances like Black Aoud or Carnal flower lasts forever. Or someone does not ?

As all the last posters said, no 88 does last really well and has got a great sillage as well. Then again, on some it will last 6 hours on some 15 hours. But for those who keep it "only" 6 hours they keep all fragrances less time than those who still smell 88 after 15 hours, and 6 hours would probably very decent for them compared to others fragrances on their skin.

i love the lavender one...

I got samples of four C&S fragrances this week.

No. 88 was the one I was most excited to try. It didn't let me down. I agree with reviews that say it has a chapstick quality-- it's almost like beeswax to me, even a little reminiscent of Chanel Antaeus. I hope to get a bottle some day.

Cuba I only sampled briefly, but it's interesting for sure. I got a hint of L'Artisan's Tea for Two, but with tobacco. It seems like it would be an attention getter.

Frankincense and Myrrh didn't do much for me, which is too bad considering that I love these two notes usually. I need to test some more. I think it's the chamomile note in this one that ruins it for me.

Oxford & Cambridge is really nice but it smells almost exactly the way I remember SL's Encense et Lavande smelling.

I see why No.88 is so highly regarded. It's a classic "gentleman's" scent with a dark edge.

Last edited by Indie_Guy; 29th April 2009 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkface View Post
    i love the lavender one...
    Co-sign, nice clean lavender scent. Made me re-think on buying a fragrance with lavender. Now I'm thinking of buying a bottle of SL Gris Clair, which probably wasn't the intention of this very generous C&S service

Though I kinda like most of the fragrances in the C&S line, they're not all that exiting to me. Beforehand, I had the highest expectations of Cuba, but that turned out to smell really bitter on my skin.