Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Guerlain's Response To Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    -snip -
    Brielle

Try imagining the mighty house of Guerlain falls down because it wasn't making enough money anymore. There goes your tradition.

That's it. Can't blame them trying to make more profits and use technological advancements to do what couldn't be done earlier if they could.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Did you like the fragrance that you sniffed? Do you want to wear that fragrance? To me, while I don't like reformulations, I understand the need for them, but I try to judge a fragrance on what I sniff today... and take it for what it is. That's all...

We can have remorse for what was... or we can celebrate what is... I take what is today, and if I like it, I buy it, if I don't... I don't buy it. We speak with our spending money, don't we?

this thread is demeaning to a house such as Guerlain. whats further more degrading is, that there is no humility in some members here. only arrogance.

Mr. Guerlain might be very sad today to see these kinda threads on BN. hence no response. guys and "gurlz" we are talkin about Guerlain here. show some respect, will ya?
    Last edited by jenson; 24th April 2009 at 10:05 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Why does everyone keep overlooking the point. These supposed offending ingredients can still be used, since the fragrances are "grandfathered", the companies would just have to put a WARNING label on the box and list ingredients. The fact that Guerlain and others choose not to do this is proof positive that the only standard being upheld is making the largest profit from the least investment.
    Aaahhh.... good point. I hadn't thought of that (a warning label). So in other words, the IFRA rule changes are a convenient excuse for the companies to use cheaper ingredients? THAT is kinda rat fink, isn't it?

I love the way people get emotional about fragrances. Makes the hobby so special. All other brands would be just that: brands. But a perfume brand is a 'house'.

Sipping on something from the house of Pepsi right now.

Quote Originally Posted by aezikely View Post
    Aaahhh.... good point. I hadn't thought of that (a warning label). So in other words, the IFRA rule changes are a convenient excuse for the companies to use cheaper ingredients? THAT is kinda rat fink, isn't it?
    I don't think companies need that excuse.

When they look at their balance sheets and find out that a certain scent would increase profits by reformulating it, maybe because Givaudan, IFF or whatever came up with a new synthetic molecule that is much cheaper and 99,9% like the old stuff, they'd hit it and reformulate the stuff.

Guys, whether you want it or not, this is not charity. This is big heap $$$ business.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    this thread is demeaning to a house such as Guerlain. whats further more degrading is, that there is no humility in some members here. only arrogance.

Mr. Guerlain might be very sad today to see these kinda threads on BN. hence no response. guys and "gurlz" we are talkin about Guerlain here. show some respect, will ya?
    Ooofff... respect for what? Humility for what? They are making fragrances for us... for the consumer... and if we speak (in the sense of we buy or don't buy) that we are dissatisfied with the product, one would hope they would listen.

Default Re: My Letter To Guerlain's Creative Director

This thread has run its course. The points that the OP was making were addressed many, many times. Thanks everyone.