Code of Conduct

Default Creed's Orange Spice a la Lutens?

Orange and Cloves is an ages old combo. Creed's Orange Spice is all about orange and clove, and it's lovely, but it's orange nectar with light clove. It's very clean and safe.

Meanwhile cloves are really nasty and powerful. Does anyone know of a clove and orange combo that's more bombastic?

Orange peels, and fiery cloves? Something burning rather than refreshing?

(taken from Scented Salamander's review of Orange Spice)
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 24th April 2009 at 07:40 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Creed's Orange Spice a la Lutens?

Caesar, you NEED to sample Secret Melange by MPG. Go. Right now. Order a sample. It's exactly what you're looking for.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Add urinal cakes to that and you've got Kouros (sorry J-W-S). Isn't that firey and monsterous enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Add urinal cakes to that and you've got Kouros (sorry J-W-S). Isn't that firey and monsterous enough for you?
    The urinal cake note is also present in OS...

I have always considered Orange Spice to be Kouros's older brother.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I have always considered Orange Spice to be Kouros's older brother.
    Me too!

Blog Entries

I tried a sample of this & really liked it. It was definitely more male than female & I can't speak for longevity. http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1

Nice bottle on that one kumquat!

Yeah, Orange Spice is most certainly the inspiration for Kouros, but Kouros isn't what I'm looking for, it's not really heavy on the cloves or orange and it's still soapy, which is not what I want - Kouros is like Orange Spice but a little denser, lower quality ingredients, and more animal musk.

I don't detect any animal musk in Orange Spice by the way contrary to what someone said. Maybe it's there, but I don't notice it.

I think the Secret Melange sounds more like what I'm looking for. Will look out for that one.

In the meantime I just stuck a bunch of cloves in a tangerine...

By the way, I almost put my Orange Spice up on ebay, but today we had the first hot day of the year, and holy crap, OS completely hits the spot! And shockingly, as I discovered the other day, for a fragrance that is so light, and polite, it really lasts all day, even in cold weather.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 25th April 2009 at 07:52 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS: