I'm the real Basenotes Crown Perfumery junkie. Here's my take:
1. Esterhazy is bitter, lemon, biting and exciting. It actually lasts as long as the other Crown EDTs. It works well to keep the wits sharp. I like the fact that is not at all sweet.
2. Crown Imperial personifies orange, bitter orange, neroli and power. I know someone who won't go into an important business meeting without it. The dry-down is very enjoyable and warm for a citrus.
3. Eau de Quinine - just imagine sipping gin & tonics whilst wearing powdered gloves. I adore this one for the sensation of sparkle with a touch of eccentricity. In fact, I'm wearing it now.
4. Spiced Limes is the only Crown that I can't wear. When completely dried down and sitting on the skin for 2+ hours it is a delicious warm spiced powdery lime. But before that is a sensory disaster like dropping lime syrup into an open tin of powdered cloves.
5. Crown Ess Bouquet is a perfectly crisp citrus/lavender concoction. Imagine starched organza and a matter-of-fact sort of confidence. This is another of my favorites.