Code of Conduct

Default Which of these Crown citrus fragrances?

Esterhazy, Spiced Limes, or Eau de Quinine?

I love good citruses in general and am trying to expand into the Crowns before they are all gone.

Esterhazy sounds divine, but it gets a bad rap for non-lasting, no?

Eau de Quinine sounds like the kind of offbeat citrus/dry powder that I would understand very well - can anyone offer some comments on their impressions of it?

Spiced Limes sounds really, really good. Can a female who wears Monsieur Balmain make this work?

Thanks much.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which of these Crown citrus fragrances?

I'm the real Basenotes Crown Perfumery junkie. Here's my take:
    1. Esterhazy is bitter, lemon, biting and exciting. It actually lasts as long as the other Crown EDTs. It works well to keep the wits sharp. I like the fact that is not at all sweet.
    2. Crown Imperial personifies orange, bitter orange, neroli and power. I know someone who won't go into an important business meeting without it. The dry-down is very enjoyable and warm for a citrus.
    3. Eau de Quinine - just imagine sipping gin & tonics whilst wearing powdered gloves. I adore this one for the sensation of sparkle with a touch of eccentricity. In fact, I'm wearing it now.
    4. Spiced Limes is the only Crown that I can't wear. When completely dried down and sitting on the skin for 2+ hours it is a delicious warm spiced powdery lime. But before that is a sensory disaster like dropping lime syrup into an open tin of powdered cloves.
    5. Crown Ess Bouquet is a perfectly crisp citrus/lavender concoction. Imagine starched organza and a matter-of-fact sort of confidence. This is another of my favorites.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Thanks, Merbert!

"works well to keep the wits sharp", "important business meeting" - those are reasons and situations very similar to my own use of citrus and eaux de colognes. A cold rinse at the end of a hot shower, generous splashes of edc, and a perfectly pressed white shirt - ready to take on the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    Thanks, Merbert!

"works well to keep the wits sharp", "important business meeting" - those are reasons and situations very similar to my own use of citrus and eaux de colognes. A cold rinse at the end of a hot shower, generous splashes of edc, and a perfectly pressed white shirt - ready to take on the world!
    Jardenel, if you PM me, I can arrange some samples for you. I think we speak the same language. I just sent my Spiced Limes to Germany but have all the others for your sniffing pleasure.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Drat, Merbert, I did not check my posts till this morning. Pushed the order button over the weekend. I appreciate your kind thoughts, though, and your guidance. I'll report back. Thanks very much.