Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Talking The 2009 Fifi Awards announces Top Five Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage

The Fragrance Foundation and The 2009 Fifi Awards announces Top Five finalists in the category of Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage 2009 (Blog).

Sniffapalooza Magazine garnered TWO nominations of the TOP FIVE in the newly created category of Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage 2009 (Blog).

See the two articles for Sniffapalooza Magazine Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage 2009 (Blog) http://www.sniffapaloozamagazine.com...MINATIONS.html

Congratulations to Elena Vosnaki and Nathan Branch for the incredible
    TOP FIVE Fifi Fragrance Foundation finalists nominations, Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage 2009 Blog on behalf of Sniffapalooza Magazine.

See all the nominations and winners of FiFi Awards at www.fifiawards.org

Congratulations to Raphael Barkley, editor of Sniffapalooza Magazine, Elena & Nathan and the entire staff of volunteer contributors for Sniffa Mag. (Several of whom are basenotes members, btw.)

Default Re: The 2009 Fifi Awards announces Top Five Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverag

well done all!!

Default Re: The 2009 Fifi Awards announces Top Five Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverag

Congratulations, Raphaella! Well done and well deserved. Best wishes always..

L.Siena/ Lorenzo Siena Fragrances
    Last edited by Siena98@aol.com; 26th April 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for posting this RHM. I know helg is thrilled to have been nominated, and I'm glad Sniffapalooza gave her the chance to acquire it.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Fifi Awards are a joke, what was the Fragrance of the Year in 2008 again?

Oh yeah, Daisy Marc Jacobs, LOL

Congrats to Bois de Jasmin for winning with a personal fragrant reminiscence of her hometown of Kiev.
    BdJ is one of my preferred blogs. I agree that as to the actual perfume awards, well, they need to be seen as what they are - the business congratulating itself. I mean, no film buff would see the Oscars as a valid aesthetic judgment of films, right?
    Last edited by the_good_life; 28th April 2009 at 10:36 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I beg to differ The_good_life. The Oscars offer some substance with generally high-flying cinematic classics (Ben-Hur, The Godfather, Schindler's List...) and that's why people still care about them after 80 years.

The Fifi Awards are bogus from start to finish.

Congrats to Bois de Jasmin- one of my favourite perfume site (beside Basenotes of course).

But I can't take their perfume nominations seriously- just look at the nomination for the Best Men Luxe-

•Dior Homme Sport
    •Dolce & Gabbana the one for Men
    •Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme
    •Guerlain Homme - Guerlain
    •I Am King - Sean John

Here's my FiFi winner predictions:
    • Women's Luxe: Harajuku Lovers (Coty Prestige) (Even though I want No. 5 Eau Premiere to win, I bet that this series will win due the the massive sales impact it has had)
    • Men's Luxe: Dolce & Gabbana The One Pour Homme (P&G)
    • Women's Popular Appeal: American Beauty Beloved (BeautyBank-a division of Estee Lauder)
    • Men's Popular Appeal: McGraw (Coty Beauty)
    • Unique Boutique: Les Exclusifs de Chanel Beige (Chanel Inc.)
    • Women's Nouveau Niche: David Yurman (Clarins Fragrance Group)
    • Men's Nouveau Niche: Burberry The Beat for Men (P&G) (Should actually be qualified as a Men's Luxe due to the fact that it is now in wide distribution)
    • Women's Private Label/Direct Sell: Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst
    • Bath & Body Line: Angel Les Parfums Corps (Clarins Fragrance Group)
    • Interior Scent Colection: Scentportable (Slatkin/Bath & Body Works)
    • Best Packaging/Women's Prestige: Jean Paul Gaultier MA DAME (Beautè Prestige International/Shiseido Cosmetics America)
    • Best Packaging/Women's Popular Appeal: Bond Girl 007 (Avon)
    • Best Packaging/Men's Popular Appeal: McGraw (Coty Beauty)
    • Best Media Campaign/Women's: Estee Lauder Sensuous (The Estee Lauder Companies)
    • Best Media Campaign/Men's: Sean John I Am King (Sean John Fragrances/The Estee Lauder Companies)
    • Hall of Fame: Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Elizabeth Arden) (After all, it and her earlier Passion pioneered the celebuscent trend)
    Last edited by MFfan310; 28th April 2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Did Basenotes garner any awards?

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    .... The Oscars offer some substance with generally high-flying cinematic classics (Ben-Hur, The Godfather, Schindler's List...) and that's why people still care about them after 80 years.

The Fifi Awards are bogus from start to finish.
    Seconded! One good reason: Hollywood is the capital of movie making.

And I assume FiFi are simply ignoring the existence
    of the worlds first independent Perfume Guide since 2008.
    It's the second actually, but the perfume world still spoke French in '92.
    The Perfume makers of Grasse and Paris badly failed to establish the Prix Coty as
    The Award
    for anything to do with perfumes on both sides of the Atlantic. But twenty
    years back they denied their best perfumers the honor of authorship even.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    Did Basenotes garner any awards?
    The men of Basenotes would have to be tamed first!
    Last edited by narcus; 29th April 2009 at 10:56 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    I beg to differ The_good_life. The Oscars offer some substance with generally high-flying cinematic classics (Ben-Hur, The Godfather, Schindler's List...) and that's why people still care about them after 80 years. The Fifi Awards are bogus from start to finish.
    If the Oscars skipped a year, and the media didn't turn it into some kind of monumental loss, most people would soon forget about them. Their popularity is more or less manufactured - just like the FiFi awards.
    Out of sight, out of mind.