Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: i *love* guerlain vetiver, but it smells like old guy to others... help!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Phil,im absolutely tempted with VPE as well. price seems to turn me off a little. considering i find GV perfect for my use, im not sure how much more satisfaction i would get from VPE. have you considered just getting the GV? VPE hasnt really been tried and tested by many i reckon, so id play it safe.
    Matt, you owe it to yourself to at least order a sample from TPC. I don't like GV, VPE is in my opinion light years beyond Guerlain Vetiver in almost every category. Just imagine your regular vetiver, take out the tobacco, add in some fresh and light green florals, and voila! I find it so much more wearable, and oddly not feminine in the least. Just try it, trust me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Default Re: i *love* guerlain vetiver, but it smells like old guy to others... help!

Phil! now you got me all worked up and im surfing online for them now..... slight concern is what to do with my GV if i did get my hand on VPE, anyways i'll worry about that later. what is the reasonable price range for vpe, im still pretty new to it...

Vetiver pour elle sounds amazing, but I don't want to try it for fear that I will love it too much and be hooked on something not widely available and a little too expensive...

I'm curious about the sport/frozen/extreme versions as well, but its impossible to find a sample, and I don't want to buy a whole bottle just to give it a whirl.

S

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Phil! now you got me all worked up and im surfing online for them now..... slight concern is what to do with my GV if i did get my hand on VPE, anyways i'll worry about that later. what is the reasonable price range for vpe, im still pretty new to it...
    Here's the thing. It is an exclusive scent. It is not sold online. You have to buy it from a Guerlain boutique and it costs, at least here in the states 225 USD. It's not something you can found for any discount either. Samples can be had from ThePerfumedCourt though.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Guerlain's Vetiver does indeed smell geriatric. What you need, my friend, is Sel de Vetiver, by The Different Company.

Kenzo Air is a 'younger' Vetiver to my nose.. I really suggest trying it.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Serge lutens vetiver oriental is awesome if you can find it

Admittedly i've not read all the responses here, but for years I've switched among Carvain Vetivere, Gerlain Vetivere and Eau Sauvage. And who ever told you it smells like an old man frag is simply mistaken. I started using it in my late teens and still love it. Young me all over the world use it regularly...old men indeed! I recently wore it in
    Germany and got a number of compliments on it from young women?

oh Smith, where do you get that geriatric bull from...it's a fresh young scent worn by young men all over the globe.

I think you should try the Chanel Les Exclusive Sycamore - Vetiver at its best, über sexy stuff

I've worn Guerlain Vetiver over many years, still do and still like it.

If you like vetiver you must try Chopard Noble Vetiver, more modern smell than Guerlain and creed fx.

I think I agree with your friends. When I first encountered Guerlain Vetiver it smelled like an old man scent to me too. That was 1967, I was 19 yrs old, I decided to buy a bottle of Vetiver to replace my empty Guerlain Imperiale. I wore the entire bottle, a splash a day, and a few years later another one. I still think it smells like an older persons fragrance, so am not buying it. I still love vetiver as a fragrance note! just not this one.