Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Uomo by Carthusia

I'm wearing this for the first time today.

It's a strange sweet/sour combo, almost makes my lips pucker. The way the berry notes combine with the salty kelp notes makes it seem almost casual and easy-breezy but then the rosewood note arrives underneath both and really solidifies it into a more mature masculine scent. Miles away from the rosewood in Egoiste by Chanel or Palisander (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons...much more structured and 'this is a man's cologne' kind of way. This is nowhere near unisex.

In a very old thread DustB compared it to Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche and something clicked. I totally can smell the similarities now...but Uomo is much more smooth and refined (not sharp and powerhouse at all).

Anyone else wear this?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 26th April 2009 at 05:12 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Uomo by Carthusia

One of my favorite scents and I agree with everything you say about it. This is the most rosewood prominent scent I own and wear and on me it is the perfect warm weather scent. I wore it many times last spring and summer and now that things are warming up again I know I will again.
    I know ScenMother and your ScentSister ComDiva likes it a lot too as I gave her a big decant from my bottle.
    As much as you like Numero Uno I am surprised it took you this long to try Uomo.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 26th April 2009 at 05:32 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I only tried Cartusia Numero Uno and I like it but I'll look forward to try Uomo as well!

Absolutely Mike!
    In a desperate attempt to thin out my wardrobe recently, I passed my bottle on to another BNer after MUCH deliberation (not before making a small decant for myself of course). Uomo is a stunner. It has a wonderful marine musk vibe - very herbaceous and distinctly mediterranean in style. I imagine I will be buying this one again in the future, but right now I've too many others on my "must buy/try" list.
    This is a blog I made on this scent last year.

I rarely wear the same scent twice within a month, or even 6 months period, but I did wear this fine scent twice within one week! The rosewood makes this scent worth to be tried and appreciated. At first it doesn't scream sophistication but as it develops the scent gets more refined and manly. The tone of this scent is not thick IMO, it's even airy yet full of substance. It lasts a long time too I got over 12 hours with 4 sprays.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Institution

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Uomo smells like nothing I own, so of course it's piqued my interest. It's just so...manly. I am OK with that (since I am a man) but it's almost like considering purchasing a pocket watch or investing in linen handkerchiefs....when will I use this?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac