Code of Conduct

Default Germany Airport Duty-Free

I'd like to ask our German basenoters- can one get Helmut Lang or Krize Ten scents at most of Germany Duty-Free? My friend is flying out from one of the airport (forgot to ask her which one) and I might want to ask her to buy either Helmut or Krizeat the airport shop. And is the price at the duty-free more expensive? Would appreciate any input? Danke.

Default Re: Germany Airport Duty-Free

I am afraid that you can't. Germany dutyfree shops have not so many perfumes for you to choose. Besides, they don't have such niche scents. They just have Tom Ford, Victor&Roft, and of course Guerlain and YSL. And, so sad but it's true, perfumes in these shops are really really expensive.

No, German duty free's just carry rather conventional designer fare (you know, Mugler, Prada, Burberry, etc.), some standard Chanel, Guerlain & Dior, a small L'Occitane selection, recently also Narciso Rodriguez. There is a niche perfumery at Frankfurt airport outside the traveller zone which has Creed, Etro and others, but Lang's perfumes are discontinued, aren't they, and Knize is not too common -basically only found in family run stores, not chains.

Danke, the good life.

Now, I can at least narrow down my search.

Old thread, but relevant topic.

Any chances for Jo Malone at Berlin Airport?

Am in Munich airport with a gap of 4 hrs till my next flight ....any idea about niche stuff at Munich airport ?

I only saw stuff at the duty free store. They do have a couple of niche brands like Xerjoff in the duty free, as well as a few prive/expensive lines of designer brands. I was tempted to buy Hermes Le Galop (in the cheaper refill bottle).

In non perfume items, the big advent calendars (with marzipan candies) were a hit with kids' friends.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I only saw stuff at the duty free store. They do have a couple of niche brands like Xerjoff in the duty free, as well as a few prive/expensive lines of designer brands. I was tempted to buy Hermes Le Galop (in the cheaper refill bottle).

In non perfume items, the big advent calendars (with marzipan candies) were a hit with kids' friends.

cacio
    Ohhhh ok thanks.....how long back did u see the xerjoff and where they expensive or cheap ...compared to the city stores ?

A couple of months ago. The prices seemed the same savee for the sales tax. Prices at duty free are list prices, but you don't pay the tax.
    cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    A couple of months ago. The prices seemed the same savee for the sales tax. Prices at duty free are list prices, but you don't pay the tax.
    cacio
    Thanks a lot for the info. I will explore when I am there ...thanks again

Bumping an old thread for sure... just wanted to see if there is any further info? I travelled through Munich last year and my experience was pretty much the same as has already been reported in this thread.

Can anyone provide an up-to-date breakdown of German Duty Free - for Frankfurt and other airports perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    There is a niche perfumery at Frankfurt airport outside the traveller zone which has Creed, Etro and others, but Lang's perfumes are discontinued, aren't they, and Knize is not too common -basically only found in family run stores, not chains.
    Is this still the case for Frankfurt? What is meant by "outside the traveller zone"? Does it mean before airport security?