Code of Conduct

Default Do you try to match cologne/deodorant?

I wear a few different scents but usually the same deodorant every day

Sometimes I feel I'm contradicting myself by clashing deodorant and cologne scent

What do you do? What deodorant do you wear?

Default Re: Do you try to match cologne/deodorant?

Same as you - different scent each day, but same deordorant.

I wear unscented Tom's of Maine Natural Sensitive Care Deodorant Stick. No clash to worry about and I only have to stock one type of deodorant.

Also: it is aluminum free, kosher, and halal.

Just use unscented deodorant and get yourself rid of this problem forevah.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Th Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I don't match my deodorant, I wear Degree.

I need to start buying the unscented kind.

Yes, if I cannot get the deodorant belonging to the same product range with the fragrance, I tend to use either unscented or very discreetly scented deodorant.

No.

Matching cologne/fragrance to deodorant would be an unnecessary hassle. No way.

That would be too much. I wear one deodorant. Today, I couldn't find the deodorant I usually wear and ended up wearing the Mesmerize deodorant that came with the cologne (Avon Mesmerize). I wore Dunhill Desire red cologne today, which doesn't smell much different than the Mesmerize, so I felt my cologne and deodorant were pretty in sync. lol

Use an unscented product like Kiss My Face Active Enzyme, Earth Sciences Lichen or the deodorant crystal and solve the problem entirely.

These products eliminate odor by killing the bacteria that cause odor, not by masking it.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Matching deodorant with cologne is a waste of money. Most matching deodorant is of low quality and only last for a 2-3 hours maybe less.

I use Lab Series Antiperspirant Deodorant stick which is unscented. Expensive but works like a charm.

Has anyone tried not using deodorant for a while until the odor starts coming out of your armpits then you wear fragrance? The blended scent must be funny.
    Perfume noob

Morning Star

Mitchum Anti-Perspirant Clear Gel, Unscented. Problem solved.

deo stick Vichy Homme, with no smell :P im using it very rare im not sweating at all
    im not mixing some colognes with smell of any different deo
    Last edited by yrk; 27th April 2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzw

I do match like globally.. I have a few axes.. like Chocolate wich suits sweeter perfumes very well.. and I also have the instinct one, wich goes well with leather ofcourse, and a bit more musky ones.. I don't buy like the original deospray though.
    unico grande amore.

I wear Certain Dry it is a roll on which you apply at night and only once a week and I do NOT sweat under my arms under any conditions - therefore I do not wear deodorant.

Old Spice High Endurance Fresh for me. I use the same Body Wash and the combination mixes extremely well with my natural body smell.

Try to go with a neutral deodorant. The hard part can be matching a soap/cream for shaving and aftershave with a cologne.

Thumbs up Re: Do you try to match cologne/deodorant?

As far as deodorants go, nothing beats a mineral salt block. Not only does the $5 block last 6+ months, it eliminates ALL odor for at least an entire day if applied liberally.

Seriously, I apply the salt block in the mornings after I get out of the shower, go all day without any odor whatsoever, and wake up the next morning with virtually no odor at all. My underarms smell almost as fresh in the mornings as they did when I exited the shower the previous morning. This stuff is truly amazing.

One downside, however, is that it must be applied quite liberally, and must be applied to clean skin. It only prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria, so if the bacteria/odor is already present, the salt block will do nothing for you until the area is washed with soap. The other downside is that this is simply a block of mineral salts, so it won't act as an antiperspirant. This doesn't bother me though, as I am allergic to antiperspirant bars.

Most local drug store chains sell mineral salt deodorant sticks and sprays. I urge everyone to try it if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Shaheen; 27th April 2009 at 11:14 PM.

Sur la Plage

Mitchum Unscented Smart Solid Anti-Perspirant
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I enjoy deodorant/anti-perspirant scents as well as EDT/Aftershave scents so I tend to mix and match. I do generally prefer APs though as they last longer on me but aren't so overpowering. Lynx/Axe work a treat for me as does Brut and Addiction. They're all of a Faberge origin and tend to work quite well, unlike the other well known brands.

I do try to keep the scents similar (although Brut AP usually gets combined with the Brut Splash) but sometimes I also match the Lynx deos/APs with the corresponding aftershave.

If I'm wearing a different AP to EDT/Aftershave then I usually only put a small spray under the arms, this way it keeps me fresh all day but the EDT/Aftershave is generally more potent and noticable. Once that wears off later in the day, the AP then takes over as the dominant scent, as it should do.
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

I wear unscented deodorant.

Just as an aside...if you want a cheap deodorant that exactly matches Kouros Cologne Sport, you should pick up a stick of "Musk" by Speedstick. They are so similar it's almost ridiculous. I imagine that this would also work well with Kouros.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I always use unscented deo/antiprespirants. They do what they are meant to do, while the frags, well, fragrance.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I have 3 designer deodorants to match the scents (Lise Watier Neiges, Chrome Legend, and Chrome), so the rest of my scents get an unscented deodorant.

The only frag I have a deo stick of is my Zirh Ikon, because the gift set from Marshalls came with one. Otherwise, it's my trusty deodorant crystal all the way.

usually even if my deo is fragrant it doesnt project so I dont have a problem
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I do.
    Dove for Men-Extra Fresh Deo/Old Spice Matterhorn - Any fresh scent I wear, from Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey PH, Nautica Voyage, CK One, Versace Man Eau Fraiche...

Old Spice After Hours/Axe Dark Temptation- Anything sweet/spicy, Angel or Le Male.

Most of the time I stick with fresh deos...since they just smell clean, inoffensive, and they don't clash with anything!

I just wear Body Shop - White Musk Deodorant.

Unscented.

Ditto for unscented. I can't remember the last time I wore a scented deodorant.

I use a standard dry deodorant at the mo. I'm trying to find an unscented that doesn't smell "odd" at the moment.

I usually use the unscented deo-stick from Lab-series.

I like to try to match the scents together i like to use

Irish Spring Mennan Speed Stick with Sung Homme by Alfred Sung cologne,i believe they match well.
    Axe Dark Temptation with Givenchy Play Intense they seem very similar.
    And Musk Deoderant with either Curve Crush or Musc Ravageur by frederic Malle.
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

I tend to like green or musky fragrances. Therefore I try to use a green or musky deodorant stick :

Brut
    Speed Stick- Fresh
    Speed Stick - Musk
    Irish Spring Stick

The musk stick goes with just about everything.

Also something to consider is buying deodorant sticks overseas (americans). I noticed they use more fragrance is other countries even for the same product produced by an american company.

Mixing fragrance with a deodorant is a must IMO but it must blend well. Play around with it.

I always wear the same deodorant. I have experimented with some body washes that I felt supported colognes I was wearing, especially Dove brand
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

I'm the same as you, I change my fragrance every day bu use the same deodorant. But recently ive been trying to look for a great unscented deodorant. I use old spice and some of their scents overpower the fragrance especially in the summer.