Code of Conduct

Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hello All...Newbie joining your great community.

I was referred here by Scentronic. I am also a member of Badger and Blade, a website devoted to wet shaving. I enjoy smelling good, and often am asked why I have so many colognes when one is all you need. I just look, smile, and say Im addicted to smelling good

Heres a list of stuff I currently have. And btw...I just went to Le Labo and relieved my wallet of some cash :P

CK One
    Creed Bois Du Portugal
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Millessime Imperial
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Czech and Speak #88
    Kenneth Cole RSVP
    Le Labo Rose 31
    Le Labo Discovery Set: Bergamote 22, Oud 27, Tubereuse 40
    Paco Robane Ultra Violette
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    Penhaligon's Castile
    Penhaligon's Douro
    Penhaligon's Endymion
    Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet
    Penhaligon's LP #9
    Penhaligon's Malabah
    Penhaligon's Opus 1870
    Penhaligon's Racquets
    Polo Blue
    Last edited by isaacrn; 27th April 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: New Here

Nice collection you've got there, isaacrn! I haven't tried the Penhaligon's stuff yet, but I'm itchin' too...
    Welcome to the community!

Matthew
    Last edited by Matthew; 27th April 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome isaacrn ! Wow- nice collection you have. Have you tried Penhaligon's Elixir ? It's good stuff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hey there!

Thanks for the shout out!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your bottle of Rose 31. What size did you get? I like that it is incense-y, like the No.88 you said you liked.

I'm not finding that clove you mentioned in the Patchouli... Smores by a campfire, birch tar, vanilla. I don't know, though... I could see a clove hiding nicely in there. Give it another try!

Welcome!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Welcome to basenotes!

Glad to see more members merging with Badger and Blade, and vise versa. You have a pristine collection going. Very high quality stuff. I see you are company/house oriented.

I just commented on your other thread. I hope you ask lots of questions. I look forward to seeing your contribution to the boards.

Very nice collection. You probably know about the MI - BDP layering that's supposed to smell great. Le Labo is expensive but so terrific. Note - test it first before spraying it directly on white shirts or sheets. I sprayed Fleur d Oranger on a white card and was amazed at how dark it turned it.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Welcome isaacrn ! Wow- nice collection you have. Have you tried Penhaligon's Elixir ? It's good stuff.
    I really didnt care for the Penhaligon's Elixir..

I really smelled Eucalyptus...and that never dried down or went away. If I wanted to smell like that I would slather some Vicks Vap - o - Rub on me :P Of course its IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Hey there!

Thanks for the shout out!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your bottle of Rose 31. What size did you get? I like that it is incense-y, like the No.88 you said you liked.

I'm not finding that clove you mentioned in the Patchouli... Smores by a campfire, birch tar, vanilla. I don't know, though... I could see a clove hiding nicely in there. Give it another try!

Welcome!
    I walked in and went straight for the 100ml. I think I may be buying a Tubereuse 40 after I give this sampler a try. Its nice too because its a NYC house only purchase. Its smelled great on the tester. I can tell you that the Rose 31 is going strong 7+ hrs after. Im really impressed, and disappointed that Creed cant do the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    Welcome to basenotes!

Glad to see more members merging with Badger and Blade, and vise versa. You have a pristine collection going. Very high quality stuff. I see you are company/house oriented.

I just commented on your other thread. I hope you ask lots of questions. I look forward to seeing your contribution to the boards.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I hope that I can contribute to the community here. Im a complete newb when it comes to posting on fragrances. I just know I like them when i get them. As far as the Company/House oriented...I suppose I am. Or is it the houses just produce quality products. I know for the Penhaligons...I picked up Blenhiem Bouquet...and just started sampling and had to have them all. Its turning out to be the same with the Creed House, but they seem to last maybe 3 hrs on me, so I havent gone crazy yet.

A big welcome from a fellow BN newbie!
    .Dave J

welcome and wow
    your already ahead of most of us newbies
    goodluck
    (your going to relieve alot more cash from your wallet now that you have joined us
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Welcome isaacrn Have fun, you're in for the ride of your life
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes isaacrn! Very nice choices in your wardrobe. I have the feeling you will like it here.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Aloha! I've only experienced one Penhaligon's so far - Douro - and I loved it. Looking forward to many more.

Welcome to Basenotes! :wave:

I have to say my absolute favorite Penhaligon's scent is Raquets.

So nice to have such a warm welcome here

wow u got a very good collection. So much of niche frags that i have not tried or seen before.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hey there, welcome, isaacrn! Coincidentally, I met Mrs. Badger & Blade yesterday by chance in a Soap & Scents store, so B&B is now on my radar even though I'm not bearded.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Hey there, welcome, isaacrn! Coincidentally, I met Mrs. Badger & Blade yesterday by chance in a Soap & Scents store, so B&B is now on my radar even though I'm not bearded.
    Dont need to be bearded to enjoy a nice wet shave. We have many a woman that use DE razors on their legs

Dependent

wow thats one extravagant collection, im pretty sure alot are looking with envy... with all those, you wouldnt have to worry about not smelling good. welcome, im sure u'll enjoy ur time here

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by isaacrn View Post
    Dont need to be bearded to enjoy a nice wet shave. We have many a woman that use DE razors on their legs
    Good to know. I have plenty of leg--but not in the direction one would wish.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Welcome to Basenotes! I am a member over at Badger and Blade as well! You all completely changed the way I shave, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am sure that you will like it here.