Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt disappointment

I get more than 10 hours with 2-3 sprays, even during the winter.

My brother is a Pure Malt FANATIC. He has amassed several full bottles and has a large box of wrapped official sample packs. There is a positively tremendous batch variation across the batches. He has full bottles of the first two batches (I could get batch codes, but not tonight. PM me if interested.) and he had me try them out. The first batch has a much sweeter boozy base and lasts way longer, while the second is far drier and almost woody. The first batch has a more distinct berry in the top notes as well, while the second is more believably whiskey. Surprisingly, he favors the second batch, although it lasts a couple of hours less than the original batch. Either way, they both last waaaaaaayyyyyyy longer on me than you mentioned, and fragrances don't usually last too well on me. Perhaps your fragrance is damaged in some way.

These are allegedly aged in used oak whiskey casks, which could easily explain the variation. Very cool! This is one instance where I think it's rather okay to have wild batch variations in perfume; that's part of the concept.

Liked it, and didn't have any of your problems, but not sure I would by a full bottle

Basenotes Junkie

didnt know about batch issues... but both my pure malts last forever

Pure Malt will last a long time for designer but I did get olfactory fatigue after three or so hours. Others can still smell it on you after the three hours of projection and scillage but it does become a skin scent for the drydown.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

I'm disappointed that you're disappointed.
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Could still smell whiffs of it on my wrists after (24 hours + shower) .

Projection is amazing on my skin as well .

Sorry about your situation ....
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

This is news to me. I get minimum 8 hours out of this from two sprays. If I hit my clothes by accident this can and will linger for 4+ days.

Sounds like you got a dodgy batch.

Never had a single longevity problem with this one. 10 hours minimum at least. It's funny, when Pure Havane first came out I remember seeing a few posters saying similarly that it lasted for about an hour. I thought the same thing when I first used it too. Olfactory fatigue, plain and simple.

Give it a break, and come back to it in a week or so. Sooner or later you'll realize that it's probably lasting a lot longer than you think it is.

Sorry man but you probably bought watered down fake. PM on me lasts 10+ hours.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Elmonogrande View Post
    Pure Malt only 1 - 2 hours with little to no projection after an hour.
    No chance. Your either experiencing olfactory fatigue or there's something wrong with your bottle (I hope it's the former).

That doesn't sound like Pure Malt. Can smell mine the following day, no problem. Ladies absolutely love this one, had plenty of them push their nose near my neck to get a closer sniff. It's a winner.

Didn't have longevity problem but was hugely disappointed with fragrance after all hype he received.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Reading all the replies and references to the past I have to concluded it must be from a underwhelming badge. But then again, seems unlikely to me that in these modern days there can be a great variation in batches. It is a very computerized automic filling process these days with all ingredients standardized. If it would have been a manual process this would be different.

I own lots a fragrances and never wear a scent more frequent than maybe once every 2 weeks. Why does TV of Tom Ford or Black Afgano last a day on me. Terres d Hermes gives met 6-8 hours. Same goes for Aqua di Parma Essenza. Could it still be olfactory fatigue then for just PM? Odd.

I can't beleive it is a fake bottle as it was sealed, boxed, documentation inside, etc and looked very genuin. Very hard to fake the whole set in my opinion. And seems to be very short in supply.

Maybe I am just unlucky and I had too high hopes. Very frustrating as it smells great but can't see myself reapplying it every hour. Sigh

It is possible that just THIS particular frag is fatiguing your nose. I've experienced that quite a few times. I also highly doubt that it's fake.

Never heard of a fake Terry Muigler anything. I wore Pure Havanne yesterday and got over 12 hours out of it till I had to shower. So I would be guessing olfactory overload or it may be your skin. Some things on me go sour so it could just be a chance happening. I'm sure it won't take long to sell on here or find a swap. I was thinking of trying to find a bottle myself.

I dont get much noticeable scent from PM either. Let's say on a scale of 1 to 10 in term of longevity, A*Men got a 10, Pure Malt only gets 4 and Pure Coffee would be just 2, at least to me.

Yeah I don't know how to feel about my Pure Malt as well. Got it from ebay, came in a white box instead of that fancy one that I always see advertised (though the seller is extremely highly regarded). The opening smell is fantastic but anything after is very faint to my nose I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thankfully have no longevity problems with Pure Malt.
    same here.

Ps. maybe the OP has an irregular batch.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Perhaps this particular fragrance goes off rather easily; I seriously doubt the existence of fake Pure Malt. Either way, I'm baffled the OP's experience is what he says. Maybe it's a very new batch?

Pure malt lasts and lasts on my skin. I doubt as well that it's worth to be faked, it's too rare.
    I have to say that at first I didn't get the strength 100%, but now even one drop on my skin is super powerful and I can tell for hours it's definitely there and going strong.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I don't have any problems on PM,Are u you sure about this?Should try again? I know it is EDT frag and PM's performance is really enough for me.But you should look first as a good and unique scent. :|

Default Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

So i won a bid on ebay for a BNIB still sealed pure malt. I cant wait to get this. I paid a heavy amount for it so i hope its worth it

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    So i won a bid on ebay for a BNIB still sealed pure malt. I cant wait to get this. I paid a heavy amount for it so i hope its worth it
    If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Hope you're happy with it, i certainly was. Has a great opening and niche-like quality. Excellent longetivity and projection. Always gets me compliments from the fairer sex. Enjoy!

Default Re: Pure Malt

I paid $177 for it, for a sealed box! Yea i hope i like it. Even if i dont i can resell it an get my money back

Banned

Definitely, you'll love it when you first buy it and you'll love it even more when you mature and learn a little bit more about frags. PS show some love, where you getting that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
    I paid $177 for it, for a sealed box! Yea i hope i like it. Even if i dont i can resell it an get my money back
    That's not a bad price considering I've seen that and Coffee go for $300+ on eBay.

P.S. what's up with all these resurrected pure malt threads? Isn't it Spicebomb's turn for 15 minutes of fame?
    Last edited by mesaboogie; 11th March 2012 at 02:48 PM.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I have this and I still don't understand the hype over it?

When the Malt buzz starts to fade, they will release a few more bottles for ten minutes on their website and the buzz will be up and running again for several weeks.