Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Pure Malt side effects?

it has made me drink out of the bottle, i have gone through 3 already, someone help me.

Basenotes Institution

Pure Malt contains special ingredients that will make you look like Thierry Mugler. Also included are anabolic steroids to help you get really ripped and pumped like Mr. Mugler ,himself. it is rumored that Thierry Mugler drinks a bottle a day and applies Pure Malt to strategic areas of his body for muscle definition . So happy spritzing, cheers and bottoms up !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

While causing testicular shrinkage, it seems it also causes nipple elongation!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

The rave reviews said it cured cancer though. So this is quite contradictory.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    While causing testicular shrinkage, it seems it also causes nipple elongation!
    *LOL* oooh, I missed the elongated nipples !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Cool Should Pure Malt be called Pure Money?!

I have heard that Pure Malt can bring in money. But before I go try this, I want to know if any of you have had success. Here is what you are supposed to do: buy Pure Malt, then spritz once on the back of your neck. Then take the bottle and bury it upside down outside. Within 10 days, you will have lots of unexpected money sent to you. This fragrance is magic.

Cool Compliments While Wearing Pure Malt

Have you gotten any? If so what were they...i really haven't had a chance to wear this out yet as the weather has still been a bit warm for it but I'm interested in hearing what you guys have had.

Pure Malt balls... lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

This stuff has the wolf shirt and Chuck Norris both running for the hills...
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

Default Re: Compliments While Wearing Pure Malt

Not really...I haven't worn it out enough yet. It's not as fantastic as everyone says when it comes to this

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Pure Malt be called Pure Money?!

no.

One of my female coworkers compliments me everytime I walk in the office door wearing it. She loves it and is thinking about getting a bottle for herself. My four year-old son loves it as well and tells me I smell good when I wear it. Other than that I haven't gotten too many.
    Last edited by jbthorpe; 8th October 2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: oops

It totally worked for me. I just retired at 39 years-old from it. You forgot the part about how you will also be able to have any woman you want if you do it. I think I'll try a second bottle and see what happens this time.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Everything can be avoided if proper precautions are taken. Wear testicle weights, and as tempting as it may be, resist dipping at-risk areas entirely in Pure Malt, making do instead with a more modest ten to twenty sprays in that vicinity.

Sometimes we must suffer for art.
    haha! you're brilliant.

What is wolf shirt?

I just got PM the other day, will be wearing it out tonight for the first time. I love this stuff already, i had really high hopes and expectations and its surpassed them with ease! I have 0 backup bottles of anything, but i will definitely be buying a backup of this, if any cologne is worth 5 stars, this is it for me! I think it lives up to the hype.

If i get any positive feedback i'll try to post back tomorrow =D

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    What is wolf shirt?
    Prepare yourself for laughter... lots and lots of it.

And Chuck Norris...
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

Turns out my girlfriend actually loves this stuff out of the blue? She was very tepid towards it when i first started wearing it, but for whatever reason today she absolutely loved it. I guess the noses of those around the fragrance-head changes as well!

Yes. a female friend commented that I smelled good during a hug.
    Top juice.

akdeluxe

Dependent

^ @ Chuck Norris Jokes.

my girlfriend likes it, but she loves tobacco vanille.

fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    This stuff has the wolf shirt and Chuck Norris both running for the hills...
    Chuck Norris smells so good that supposedly mugler took his sweat put it in bottles and called it pure malt, Chuck is suing for it not being called Pure Norris.

How many sprays and where???!!! help!

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    1 on the neck, chest and below the waist and you are good to go. I heard Ron Jeremy sprays many times on set and the women orgasm uncontrolably.

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    It depends on the situation but I usually do 10 in the mouth and 1 on the chest then I'm good to go.

My girlfriend said it smells familiar, and generally seemed bored with it.

This is probably because she wears Dior Addict, which does kind of seem like Pure Malt on steroids, in some ways.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th October 2010 at 10:12 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I bought my PM from beauty encouter two months before the re-release for a 100 bucks and it's awesome! Anyways, I want to get another bottle but I dont wan't to buy a new one (re-released) after what I have been reading about them ..so I went to the beautyencounter website and they are still selling theirs for a $100 even after the rerelease! Mine came packaged with the plastic wrapper and also had all the little books inside.. I could tell it was new. I think I'm going to find out what batch they have and if it's around the same serial numbers as the one they sent me the first time I'm gonna go for it! Mine stays smokey for a long long time I love it! I havent worn it out yet Ive just tried it at home and WOW!

Default Pure Malt Sprays?

How many do you guys use? I think I may be over doing it but it just smells SO good. I don't want to gas everyone around me.
    Looking to trade:
    Gucci Pour Homme 1.7oz 99% full.

Looking for:
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanillae, Tom Ford Black Orchid, A*MEN Pure Malt

Default Re: Pure Malt Sprays?

You should use the method the old time minors used.... a parakeet. As soon as the bird dies, you know it was one too many sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    You should use the method the old time minors used.... a parakeet. As soon as the bird dies, you know it was one too many sprays.
    hmm.........goes out to buy a parakeet
    Looking to trade:
    Gucci Pour Homme 1.7oz 99% full.

Looking for:
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanillae, Tom Ford Black Orchid, A*MEN Pure Malt

i know its not recommended, but when i went to a party two weeks ago i went with three sprays to the neck haha.

People will think im an arse, and 'that fragrance guy', but when it comes to Pure Malt, i spray about 6 times!

2 Chest, 2 neck and on each forearm. It smells too good to spray less ;D

Default Re: Pure Malt

Just came from Macy's and was able to test Angel Men and Pure Malt. I like the opening of Pure Malt better -- it's very different, like something I've never smelled before; so now, I understand all the praises on this fragrance.

The dry down between Angel Men and Pure Malt are almost identical. However, it's a little bit on the feminine side for me.

Question: I wasn't able to test Pure Coffee. How are its note stages compared to AM and PM?

Thanks in advance.

Have been using it for a week, not a single compliment. Asked a woman friend today and got this "It's not bad" response. Not as chocolaty as A*Men, personally it is overrated as stated by some others. I'll grab a bottle of A*Men when I have more cash, though I'm keen to see Pure Havana or whatever next one from TM is going to be.

Tried it today on my skin...not impressed. Dont see whats so special about it. Not sure if it was the tester bottle but the sprayer sucked, dripped all over the place. It seriously smells very generic to me. Pure Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i love pure malt i wish i could get a few more bottles but i want to try out other frags
    I got a second bottle of Pure Malt. PM smells incredible. I am thinking about getting a third bottle, but there are other frags I want to try. I am banking on a bottle of PM lasting a very long time because it only needs two sprays and it is not an everyday scent. Pure Malt is for special nights.

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    I thought this stuff had better longevity, hmmm.
    LOL, Pure malt has GREAT longevity and sillage, a little too much even.

Stuff is hyped. Good stuff but not as great as people say.And no, girls will not jump on your lap and lick you. it doesn't have the "wow" factor. It's just "meh, next." Not very versatile and boring. I'm glad swapped it for terre d'hermes.

Default Thierry Mugler Pure Malt real?

Ok, I'm new to this site so please be patient with me. Purchased a "new" bottle of Pure Malt from Walgreens.com. Bottle arrived in shrink wrap style cover, but the serial number on the bottom of the box and on the inside flap was cut out. the serial number on the bottom of the bottle was scracthed off also. Real?

Last edited by Longhorns; 8th May 2011 at 12:42 AM.

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt real?

Real.

Contact your seller and ask if you have questions about the product you bought. Especially someplace like Walgreens.com. They know why they do things, we don't necessarily.

Ask yourself why any faker would go to the trouble of making a fake something and then removing or pretending to remove something.

Spray it on, contact Walgreens with your questions, and be happy.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

According to conversations here, that indicates only that the bottle became grey market at some point. It is likely authentic, just got diverted from its intended sale point.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    -Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

DeepSilence

Welcome Longhrns! No problem, all we were new!
    I have not tried Pure Malt yet. My suggestion is read the reviews, and compare what you have with reviews.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26130614.html

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Real.

Ask yourself why any faker would go to the trouble of making a fake something and then removing or pretending to remove something.
    Good said!

I had the same with fragrancenet . It's real. Slimpickins above is correct ! Enjoy it , it's a great cool weather scent !

Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate your help. I was hoping it was the real deal. It smells good, but I'm just a "real deal" guy, meaning I want what was advertised. I didn't pay below market value, so that wasn't an indicator. I paid $72 for the bottle, which seems to be the average selling price. The box and bottle look very much authentic from the pictures and posts on this site, just leary of the above mentioned serial number discrepancy.

But if it's just a "grey market" issue, I'm ok with that. As long as it's real juice, that's all I care about. The bottle is full and appropriately colored. I really could care less of serial number registry, etc. Thanks for your help guys, super fast responses!

It's real IMO.

From what I understand is that many of the fragrances sold on the Walgreens website comes from some place on Long Island NY and from a well known online seller that their name is escaping me right now. I'm sure someone will pop up and provide their name. So instead of trying to stock all of the fragrances Walgreens has a volume pricing they get from this seller and just let's them fill the orders for them.

I bought from Walgreens once, it came with the LI, NY return address but billing page had Walgreen's name all over it so it looked like it was from them but it was from that seller. There was a thread on Walgreens as a seller one time when they had great deals on Creed GIT and OV and someone mentioned the name of their source. Can't remember it though.

My first Pure Malt bottle tester has also scratched serial number and arrived in black box but it is 100% authentic.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I've never seen a fake TM fragrance in the rubber bottle. I don't care for them because of the sprayers, but these would be a real hassle for anyone to try and duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    My first Pure Malt bottle tester has also scratched serial number and arrived in black box but it is 100% authentic.
    Good to hear!

[IMG][/IMG]

You can't tell in the last picture, but there is a rectangular area where you can tell the serial number was cut out. Legit?

Wasn't this answered already?

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Wasn't this answered already?
    Answered without any pics....included pics just to confirm.

Oh! Ok, yep still looks real to me. Looks exactly the same as mine except the codes are scrubbed. Presume it smells fine?

Yes, smells great. Thanks for your help.

So let me understand this as I just got my bottle from Walgreens. Grey market means that someone opened the original cellophane shrink wrap, removed the bottle and scratched off the serial number on the bottom of the rubber flask as well as cutting it out from the box flap and then re-wrapped it in cellophane shrink wrap again?

I ask as mine appeared to be "factory sealed" in cellophane wrap when it arrived - yet, just as with so many other people, when I unwrapped it - the serial number scratch outs were clearly evident exactly as in Longhorns photos.
    Last edited by neal; 9th May 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Oh, so my question is...

Who does this?
    How common is it?
    And they have the machinery to very professionally re-shrink wrap it again in cellophane?

Yes, that's what the consensus is. And it's not hard to find cellophane wrapping devices, quite easy actually. But if the bottle appears intact besides the scratched off serial number, the bottle is full of juice, and the smell is good, no worries. Just the seller you got it from isn't an "authorized" Thierry Mugler distributor, so they had to remove proof by removing the serial numbers so the customers can't register the bottle.

Surely this can't be legal?
    Surely Walgreens can't know this is going on?