Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt real?

Yup it's real. Mine was the same from fragrancenet ! Exactly the same . It's fine. Thats what they have to do as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    Yup it's real. Mine was the same from fragrancenet ! Exactly the same . It's fine. Thats what they have to do as stated above.
    Looks like people hit up Walgreens for some Pure Malt. They are sold out!

I'm sure it's real. Sometimes they scrape off serial numbers for testers. Also, Fragnet does this with a lot of their bottles. I doubt they'd fake Pure Malt

Default pure malt!

Will Thierry Mugler ever release this stuff again? I finally got some samples of it. I think they shouldn't make it limited edition! They can make so much money off of this!

Default Re: pure malt!

Joke? It's still pretty easy to find at this point, at least online. But it IS annoying that it's a limited edition.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I doubt that it will officially be released again.

The flagship Nordstrom store in Seattle has quite a few of them in stock, I don't believe it's selling that well.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

I hope that once I run out it's still available... I really enjoy this fragrance..maybe I should pick up a back up or something..

Why is the word Nordstrom automatically hyperlinked? Nordstrom nordstrom nordstrom
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

They have already made so much money off of it.. that's why it is a limited edition. They know that they can make it limited and sell damn near every one they release, because people who know about it.. will buy it.

IMO, if I were a company with such magnitude as TM in the fragrance world, I would do the EXACT same thing. Profit is guaranteed this way.

I mentioned this in the "I bought" thread already, but for anyone in the area and interested... I was as the Sephora on the Champs-Élysées weekend before last and they had about a dozen bottles of pure malt, next the the pure havane. Those may be somewhere else now, but it seems that malt is not yet unavailable.

Where can you find it online? The places i've looked for are out of stock (Or it's been reported that some people recieved fakes or tampered bottles. :/) On Amazon it's 250 dollars now.

Dont pay that !!! Just wait a little it will be available before Sept on- line for 70$ . Check daaily at the on-line joints .

3.4 oz Pure Malt 99% full with box. Had it for 2 months and serials match the box $66.00 shipped. It's getting scarce on Ebay so the only options are on line stores.

I didnt want to start my own thread about it but this is a good chance...

I have 4 sealed Pure Malt boxes (from Fragrancenet) that i was looking at selling on ebay. However, my opened bottle of Pure Malt (also from Fragrancenet) has the serial code on the inside flap of the box cut out. So I can only assume my 4 sealed boxes are the same.

My question is does this matter? I know they arent knock offs, but my concern is the buyers peace of mind, and them wondering why a serial code on the inside flap would be cut out of a sealed box.

Quote Originally Posted by codyau View Post
    I didnt want to start my own thread about it but this is a good chance...

I have 4 sealed Pure Malt boxes (from Fragrancenet) that i was looking at selling on ebay. However, my opened bottle of Pure Malt (also from Fragrancenet) has the serial code on the inside flap of the box cut out. So I can only assume my 4 sealed boxes are the same.

My question is does this matter? I know they arent knock offs, but my concern is the buyers peace of mind, and them wondering why a serial code on the inside flap would be cut out of a sealed box.
    This is common so no worries. I've already registered my bottle on Thierry Muglers site so I know that it's authentic. As far as I know that's all the code is good for and to fill up your virtual bottle.

Fragrancenet should still have a bunch of these. That is where I got my extra bottle!

Thanks for the clarification silentrich.

I just wonder why they would take them off (in the factory i assume?) when it helps people identify the authenticity of the product :s

Quote Originally Posted by codyau View Post
    Thanks for the clarification silentrich.

I just wonder why they would take them off (in the factory i assume?) when it helps people identify the authenticity of the product :s
    This has been discussed in other threads but they're essentially looking to hide where the bottles came from. This doesn't mean they're not legitimate. There is some ridiculous wastage in retail and I'd rather see these resold through a discount retailer with a few numbers cut out than destroyed.

Please excuse me for being off-topic, but I have a question to you guys concerning the code thing for the TM Circle, now that you're talking about it. I recently bought a Pure Coffee bottle (yay!) from an e-tailer, but there was no code inside the packaging. Is this a bad sign, or didn't the code printing start until after the release of Pure Coffee?

Thanks!

I don't know when the code printing started, but you can register your purchase with a receipt and a card you can find on the TM circle site. You mail it to them/or fax. My TM Cologne didn't come with a code. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0 View Post
    I don't know when the code printing started, but you can register your purchase with a receipt and a card you can find on the TM circle site. You mail it to them/or fax. My TM Cologne didn't come with a code. :/
    Thank you kurt0! I hope the e-tailer's invoice suffices...

Default Where is Pure Malt! Dang-it!

Why do they stop distributing it. That is rude. I'm guessing Pure Havane is now its equivalent/replacement? Would you wager to purchase that instead? And is it Nordstrom-exclusive? Gracias.

Default Re: Where is Pure Malt! Dang-it!

*Btw: I am guessing Blue Sugar is just as yummy/sexy as Pure Malt or Pure Havane..I remember smelling it and it was a huge gourmand (probably the biggest ever!) - what are your thoughts on Blue Sugar? Thanks.

I think Pure Havane is worth considering buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Why do they stop distributing it. That is rude. I'm guessing Pure Havane is now its equivalent/replacement? Would you wager to purchase that instead? And is it Nordstrom-exclusive? Gracias.
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm trying to avoid online purchases, so far i haven't had any luck with retail stores.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think Pure Havane is worth considering buying.
    Get it now, if you think you'll regret not buying it when it's gone.

We have this every year. Next year it will be A*Men Pure Cherry Coke. BUY.

I have both and I prefer Pure Havane. However, they really are not similar scents. I would say purchase Pure Havane if you see it and seek out a bottle of Pure Malt as well. Blue Sugar is far too sweet and cloying...I did not like it at all...Not even in the same league.

Pure Malt will end up like Pure Coffee in another year or so: Impossible to find and when they do pop up, they go for $200+ on Ebay with tons of bids because everyone is trying to get their hands on a bottle.

IMO Pure Malt is not that good to be desperately searched for. This year Pure Havane is much better. Malt and Havane have nothing in common except for the A*Men DNA with Malt is A*Men's brother and Havane is A*men's distant cousin

Blue Sugar has this burnt sugar vibe in the topnotes that very horrid and it dries down to a generic gourmand smell. The worst gourmand I've ever smelled. In contrast, Chocolovers by the same house Aquolina is amazing, straight-up dark chocolate that no other gourmand fragrances can pull off

Many Retail stores have already sold out on Pure Havane. No additional shipments of Pure Havane will be sent to department stores, meaning when they sell out they're GONE!!! Thierry Mugler online boutique no longer sells Pure Havane, however you can still order them online from Bloomingdales, Neiman Marucs, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom.

Seriously though, Thierry folks are pretty rude if you ask me. They make an awesome fragrance and decide to discontinue its distribution? What the EFF is the catch for them? Don't they boost more sales and get more money if it stays in market? What is this strategy that I am missing by willingly refraining it/discontinuing it from stores? Plus that is an awesome fragrance. But if Pure Havane is better, you think, then..

Default I want Pure Malt NOW!!!

(sorry for the thread, delete it. apparently our verbal expressions for this fragrance won't expedite its re-release forim Thierry. sigh. )

Default Re: I want Pure Malt NOW!!!

Sorry, couldn't help it. Just what I thought of when I read the title.

If you look around, you should be able to find it still. Good Luck!

Blog Entries

Seriously people? It's a fragrance, chill out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    LOL

I want my Rochas Man Intense yesterday! WAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Seriously people? It's a fragrance, chill out.
    Exactly. More specifically, its a fragrance that will be re-released soon enough. Eventually, you can get what you want with a bit of patience.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

lol. Guess I just miss the smell of it. Or Pure Havane for that matter.

You can get it on ebay right now for $140 to $160. Or you can get a small decant for much less.

Go out and buy a $20 bottle of Tim Mcgraw's Southern Blend. It smells better than pure malt and has a whiskey note.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Go out and buy a $20 bottle of Tim Mcgraw's Southern Blend. It smells better than pure malt and has a whiskey note.
    rofl "hic" "hic"

Does anyone wanna call TM customer service and ask when its being re-released then state their answer here on this thread? I say this because I need a month and a number, NOW.

Does anyone wanna call TM customer service and ask when its being re-released then state their answer here on this thread? I say this because I need a month and a number, NOW.
    Why do you need it NOW? It's a fucking fall and winter fragrance. There's a fragrance called A*men you might want to check out or are you one of these that loves Pure Malt but hates A*men?

Or you could do that and get the answer that you so badly want????

Quote Originally Posted by wood500 View Post
    Or you could do that and get the answer that you so badly want????
    Indeed. If I wanted a question answered, I wouldn't ask others to ask it for me.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I've emailed TM and enquired about the re-release and asked at four separate concessions, and at present, i've yet to receive a reply from Mugler.

The concessions are clueless about the re-release as well, so I cannot imagine that it's imminent.

Blog Entries

The risk with not paying $150 now, is that if TM doesn't re-release it the prices will go up to $300 to $600 per bottle.

One other question is, if TM re-releases it, will they charge their standard $70/bottle or will the opportunistically raise it to $100 or $120?

Amazing how an average fragrance that's a flanker can garner this much attention and price. I've come to the conclusion that Pure Malt fanatics are the either truly retarded or just gluttons for punishment.

Amazing how an average fragrance that's a flanker can garner this much attention and price. I've come to the conclusion that Pure Malt fanatics are the either truly retarded or just gluttons for punishment.
    Indeed. It's like they're collecting freaking Pokemon cards.

TM said their not gonna re-release it when I emailed them last month

Quote Originally Posted by New2Fragrance View Post
    TM said their not gonna re-release it when I emailed them last month
    If you're so "New2Fragrance" what are you doing emailing someone about fragrance last month?

p.s welcome to basenotes

I feel like you in my wonderment of how much hype surrounds PM. I bought it blindly based on the hype here on BNs. To be honest I don't wear it. It is a good fragrance and I respect it for what it is, but if I would have smelled it before buying, I most likely would not have. In fact, the only reason that I keep it is the pure nostalgia of knowing that I have a frag that is so wanted by others.

Its ok i think pure malt smells way better
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by massmenace View Post
    indeed. It's like they're collecting freaking pokemon cards.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    rofl "hic" "hic"
    LOL
    I have that frag and i hate it... I Have it am i a HICK lol
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

I am truly amazed at the festering demand this scent has been able to manifest.
    I have a bottle and it's okay, but doesn't seem to merit the attention it gets. It would seem that Mugler has found a brilliant way to keep get his fans focused. The discontinuation of Vintage Tabarome didn't generate this much angst.

Can't wait for Pure _______ to come out.

I like Pure Malt a lot but damn it ain't the holy grail! Or at least it shouldn't be.

All this bullshit hype is what made me go out and buy 3 bottles of pure havane thinking im going to resell them next year for big bucks. Ive come to my senses and realize this is going to be a huge hassle and not worth the time or effort(or the guilt from ripping people off for a mediocre fragrance). Returning them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    All this bullshit hype is what made me go out and buy 3 bottles of pure havane thinking im going to resell them next year for big bucks. Ive come to my senses and realize this is going to be a huge hassle and not worth the time or effort(or the guilt from ripping people off for a mediocre fragrance). Returning them.
    Might wanna not do that...