Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Sur la Plage

Default A*Men Pure Malt

I was talking to the Thierry Mugler rep at Nordstroms, and she told me that this should be available sometime around mid-May to early June. This is the fragrance with a "whisky note".

Has anyone else heard anything on this?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt

Noone in my local stockist knew anything about it , I cant wait

I've heard the name, and that it will be an Eau de Parfum, and that's it. No more info than that... not even the local Clarins Fragrance Group rep knows much. Next time I'm at Macy's, I'll have to coax out as much detail as I can. After all, I'm a sucker for boozy frags (hello, Straight to Heaven...) as it's the closest I can get to booze without getting drunk.

BTW, the A*Men body products have gotten updated black packaging and the Intense Diffusion System found in the Angel women's products, along with a freshening of the product range. THe new line is now available in France, and should be Stateside soon.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 15th April 2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sounds like a great time to join the Thierry Mugler Circle.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Is it gonna be a boozy style of scent, or is it just a whiskey note among the coffee, tar, chocolate, etc. ??

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I've heard the name, and that it will be an Eau de Parfum, and that's it. No more info than that... not even the local Clarins Fragrance Group rep knows much. Next time I'm at Macy's, I'll have to coax out as much detail as I can. After all, I'm a sucker for boozy frags (hello, Straight to Heaven...) as it's the closest I can get to booze without getting drunk.

BTW, the A*Men body products have gotten updated black packaging and the Intense Diffusion System found in the Angel women's products, along with a freshening of the product range. THe new line is now available in France, and should be Stateside soon.

Here is a picture of the new updated product:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=226621

I am not sure if the contain the new IDS system found in Angel----?

A-men with an Ovaltine note? The name sounds sort of dorky!

I'm interested for sure.
    Gary

Must have ASAP
    I love Jasmine.

Red face Pure Malt

Today I wore a three shots of Pure Malt to the gym to check out it's durability and sillage.

Big Mistake! in this 80 degree weather

The scent is very rich and all I could get was dark bitter sweet chocolate with Johnnie Walker drizzled over it. It made me very sick and queasy -

I can not see why Mugler would launch this in the USA during the warmer weather and I find this one to be the same power strength as it's big brother A*Men unlike how last years Pure Coffee was a little lighter.

In conclusion it passed on it's durability and sillage -
    Last edited by socalwoman; 11th March 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Default Re: Could A*Men Pure Malt be too boozy.....

I LOVE boozy scents, I'm excited to try this!

Big boozy and chocolate ....sounds perfect really excited to try this

Did they keep the tar notes in there?

anyone want to send me a sample of this?
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Sur la Plage

Sounds perfect to me. I would have not expected anything different.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Where can I find Pure Malt???
    Gary

This scent's gonna be perfect for this fall and winter. Can't wait til I can fly to Paris to taste Pure Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Where can I find Pure Malt???
    Gary
    Check out the Mugler website online boutique it will not be available in department stores until May thought my local Macy's had a full information package on the fragrance.

Note if you want to order from online do not sign into the Thierry Mugler Boutique otherwise you will get a white screen at checkout.

Default A*Men Pure Malt

As there are only a few reviews of this ... how long before it dries down into the familiar base of A*Men?

cant say since every skin is different but you should probably wait a few hours

Here is the link to a very recent thread on Pure Malt.

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ight=pure+malt
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

The topnotes (if you want to call them that) last almost as long as the entire fragrance. So, you get the peaty whiskey throughout the life on your skin. Despite the raves, I am not convinced. It's certainly nowhere near a favorite for me.

I tried almost all of Thierry Mugler's, except Men Coffe: I found A Men too sweet, B Men a twist in direction to woody-musk scents that is far from succesful in reducing A Men's original sweetness to an aceptable level and Ice Men odd and still sweet. IMHO, A Men Pure Malt is the only one worth buying.

I tried it the day before yesterday and found comon topnotes to the original, but the mid and base notes diverge. On a blotter I could clearly smell the whisy-like notes. In my skin, these were unperceptible. I ended up with the impression that A Men Pure Malt is a fine tuned version of the original and the flankers for those that find them cloying an femenine.

A pitty it only comes in 3.3 OZ bottles.

i dont mind the size at all

of course there should be choice for everyone, but i wouldnt mind to have a 5 oz bottle of this

Default A*Men Pure Malt -- Aged in Oak Casks?!

I recall reading some press materials from Mugler that claim that A*Men Pure Malt was created by aging the original A*Men in oak casks. Is this just a little creative marketing or was that really done? I think it's an amazing scent but I remain slightly incredulous to that claim. It would way too easy to create the effect synthetically, if at all. It's damn good stuff either way.

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt -- Aged in Oak Casks?!

i really dont know about that but pure malt is my favorite fragrance of all time!

Yep, I read that too. They have this long story on the box.
    I am not sure however I believe that they actually age the fragrance in oak casks!

Nevertheless, like you said, it's a fantastic fragrance either way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Yep, I read that too. They have this long story on the box.
    I am not sure however I believe that they actually age the fragrance in oak casks!

Nevertheless, like you said, it's a fantastic fragrance either way.
    They do have a patent application on the process (no patent I believe - I think the idea may have been out there already).

Used whiskey barrels used to be dirt cheap in the midwestern U.S. Everybody used them for planters and such. Not sure if they still are that cheap, but it's a nice gimmick and probably not that big of a cost relative to fragrance. Heck - Jack Daniels and Maker's Mark should come out with frags.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    They do have a patent application on the process (no patent I believe - I think the idea may have been out there already).

Used whiskey barrels used to be dirt cheap in the midwestern U.S. Everybody used them for planters and such. Not sure if they still are that cheap, but it's a nice gimmick and probably not that big of a cost relative to fragrance. Heck - Jack Daniels and Maker's Mark should come out with frags.
    courvoisier has a fragrance

Very well could be true given how dark this juice is compared to regular A*Men and Pure Coffee.
    This scent is one I don't want to like, but I'm starting to like it as much as Pure Coffee if not more. It has a certain character which seems to quiet and unsweeten the A*Men base.

Default Pure Malt

Hi i am 17 would i be able to pull thierry mugler pure malt off? or would A*men or B*men be better for me. ?

Default Re: Pure Malt

If you like like it thats all that counts. Anyway I don't think pure malt is a "mature" frag, more like a winter fun scent to me (sweet).
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

They're all sweet gourmands, so they're all suitable, Pure Malt being the most dignified.

Blog Entries

I've heard from reviews that Pure Malt is a slightly lighter A*Men that's been smoothed out some more. You can totally pull it off at any age, IMO.

Yes, Pure Malt would be a great choice, I much prefer it over both A & B Men.

I'd definitely pickup Pure Malt, but i really don't see the point with winter weather ending in like a month, but that would be the best choice out of the the whole line

i prefer Pure Malt by a mile, AWESOME fragrance..

I personally think Thierry Mugler's Frags are subsidized greatly for their gourmand notes! I don't personally love the Mulger House though alot of people do! I say most...*Don't even consider the infamous Thierry Mugler Human Existence Frag...It's discontinued anyway* Thierry Mugler Frags are very gungho with the new crowd. Definitely have elements of fun in em'!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

[Deleted Post]
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 13th January 2010 at 10:57 AM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I think Pure Malt and Pure Coffee are the best of the line. You should be able to pull of wearing whatever you like the best. If you can find Pure Malt anywhere I would get it because it is getting hard to find. I made sure I stocked up on Pure Malt this time and not make the same mistake I did with Pure Coffee.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I think Pure Malt and Pure Coffee are the best of the line. You should be able to pull of wearing whatever you like the best. If you can find Pure Malt anywhere I would get it because it is getting hard to find. I made sure I stocked up on Pure Malt this time and not make the same mistake I did with Pure Coffee.
    mate...are these still readily available? What's the retail on a Pure Malt bottle?

I don't think you would have any problem pulling any of them off.

mate...are these still readily available? What's the retail on a Pure Malt bottle?
    There's one bottle of Pure Coffee left on eBay for $140
    All retail stores sold out months ago.
    The last boxed-bottles of Pure Malt from discounters sold off last week, and the same eBay sellers are now unloading their testers of Pure malt for like $60shipped, there's like 10 of them left. After that, there may be a few bottles left at Bloomingdales and such, but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    There's one bottle of Pure Coffee left on eBay for $140
    All retail stores sold out months ago.
    The last boxed-bottles of Pure Malt from discounters sold off last week, and the same eBay sellers are now unloading their testers of Pure malt for like $60shipped, there's like 10 of them left. After that, there may be a few bottles left at Bloomingdales and such, but not many.
    Yeah, I've seen those testers on ebay but I am keen on buying a retail bottle since I love this particular box too. In addition I like that velvet pouch that the retail bottle comes in....but if the bottles are almost on the verge of extinction, as you say, I think I'd backup with a tester.....

The retail price for Pure Malt is $70. I've searched all the major department store websites and no one has it listed anymore. Saks does have a boxed set with Pure Malt, Angel liqueur, and Alien liqueur for $200 which is a good deal but I don't have interested in the other two.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...=1263436802575
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Pure Malt

Does anyone else love this as much as I do? I sprayed my sampler on my wrist last night and I could not stop smelling myself. I must get a bottle of this! I can't smell it on my wrist this morning though. I thought this stuff had better longevity, hmmm.

It's pretty decent out of the bottle, I don't get quite the same longevity as I do with A*Men but it's still around 18-24 hours on my skin but it does get very close to the skin towards the end.

Snap a bottle up while you can...won't be long before you can't.

i love it, smells better than a men but i like a men because it lasts longer thankfully i got a bottle.

i love it, and have a bunch of bottles of it. My wife however loves it, but after a while it gives her a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    i love it, and have a bunch of bottles of it. My wife however loves it, but after a while it gives her a headache.
    how many bottles are we talkin Maz?

Hate it. Synthetic and mildly nauseating. I hate to say it since I'm a huge fan of original A*Men but Pure Malt is stripped of the tarry note that balances out the sweetness of A*Men and dampens the synthetic feel. Pure Malt is just a turbosweet synth-boozy catastrophe to my nose.

I love Pure Malt, I tried a sample and I got really poor longevity with the sample so I didn't love it right away. But after I found out the longevity problem was just because of the sample I became more interested in it. Unfortunately it is a limited edition so I figured I would never be able to get a bottle until a fellow basenoter posted a site selling it. I instantly grabbed one and haven't regretted it since. I wish I had the money for a backup but the bottle I have now will last be a very long time I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I love Pure Malt, I tried a sample and I got really poor longevity with the sample so I didn't love it right away. But after I found out the longevity problem was just because of the sample I became more interested in it. Unfortunately it is a limited edition so I figured I would never be able to get a bottle until a fellow basenoter posted a site selling it. I instantly grabbed one and haven't regretted it since. I wish I had the money for a backup but the bottle I have now will last be a very long time I believe.
    i love pure malt i wish i could get a few more bottles but i want to try out other frags

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    how many bottles are we talkin Maz?
    You don't know that no one asks how many bottles Maz24 has? ;-)

For he may then post a picture here that shows he's got more bottles in stock than Thierry Mugler's storeroom.

I guess this is aimed at a younger audience. I have no idea why any perfumer would conceive this in the first place. Why not A*Men Pure Fried Chicken (extra crispy)? Isn't this what Demeter is for? LOL.

For he may then post a picture here that shows he's got more bottles in stock than Thierry Mugler's storeroom.
    lol a pic would be cool though

i have 5 bottles of pure malt and another one that's opened that I am using. Its pretty much full. A little bit of Pure Malt really does go a LONG way.
    Last edited by Maz24; 15th April 2010 at 03:48 AM.

hahahaha...i wish

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    i have 5 bottles of pure malt and another one that's opened that I am using. Its pretty much full. A little bit of Pure Malt really does go a LONG way.
    wow you are a rockstar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    wow you are a rockstar!!!
    Thank you, i would love to see a pic of your collection . how many Pure Malts do you have. The stuff is so strong one bottle can last a long time.
    Last edited by Maz24; 15th April 2010 at 04:10 AM.