Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Most Sensual Fragrance Poll!

Follow the description carefully please! The most seductive, dreamy, sensuous, sensual, warm, calm, inviting fragrance that puts your conscious at total ease. Something soft, yet powerful. That's what I mean by my semantic description of sensual. So, go ahead, and give the cologne that is too lustful to wear and you will only do so to get soo noticed and remembered by.

*Please try and stay close to department store names, I can't stand those fancy names "Diptique" or other ones that are too expensive and you can rarely find them in the mall. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 28th April 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Default Re: The Most Sensual Fragrance Poll!

Well, the only fragrance I like that matches your specifics is Dior's Poison, a fragrance I've recently fallen for.

If you weren't avoiding niche, I might also suggest Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Well, the only fragrance I like that matches your specifics is Dior's Poison, a fragrance I've recently fallen for.

If you weren't avoiding niche, I might also suggest Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan.
    LoL, thanks for the smiley face. Another name I've never heard, Kubla Khan. I swear, these colognes are crazy. Or something like " Un Velour de Roses," hah. I just want mostly department store/boutique store names.

BTW-- Dior's Poison? That's for women it says.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 28th April 2009 at 11:24 PM.

Dude why can't you explore niche. These aren't "weird" mystical scents only available in a single store in the middle of nowhere in Antarctica. These are all relatively widely available, and many are relatively inexpensive. Just because a perfume's name is in French doesn't mean its "crazy" either. Man, you need to broaden your approach here. Oh, and why does it matter if it's a "women's" fragrance, if it smells good on you, no one will know or care.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

^Sorry, what is "niche" exactly? Totally unfamiliar w/that. Also, if it is for women, then I don't want to be mistaken for one when wearing it, otherwise it would be unisex. Haven't smelled Poison but I guess it might be a bit too rosy/flowery/girly.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 28th April 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Niche means you won't likely find it at the mall. Most niche scents are easily available, though. I started trying niche fragrances as soon as I got into fragrance and haven't had an issue obtaining samples and bottles.

I don't care about the gender divide in fragrance; it only matters that it smells good to me. I was answering your poll on what I'd say fits your description, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily the right fragrance for you.

Which Poison are you talking about? There's like a ton of them on the review section.

In the Mainstream, The Dreamer seems to get nice responses from the opposite sex. Also Ive had good reactions to Code.

For your description, the best ones I can think of are Penhaligon's Endymion and Serge Luten's Chergui.

If you don't mind your "sensual" being a bit more powerful, I'd take a look at Yves Saint Laurent's M7. Maybe even Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan.
    - E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Which Poison are you talking about? There's like a ton of them on the review section.
    The original, the "plain" Poison. ( There's also Hypnotic Poison, which I don't like but many guys do, so give it a sniff, as it may match your description, possibly more so than the original ).

The five Poisons are: Poison, Tendre Poison, Hypnotic Poison, Pure Poison and Midnight Poison. Despite the shared name, none of them smell alike.

I tend to mostly enjoy niche so Poison in a notable exception in my tastes. There are many niche fragrances I know that might suit your needs better than my suggestion, though others can probably come in with some more designer recommendations.

While you're at Dior you might try Dior Homme, which could also fit your bill. Everyone seems to love it here but me.

^Sorry, what is "niche" exactly? Totally unfamiliar w/that. Also, if it is for women, then I don't want to be mistaken for one when wearing it, otherwise it would be unisex. Haven't smelled Poison but I guess it might be a bit too rosy/flowery/girly.
    Unless you wear drag and a full face of makeup to go with the fragrance, no-one will mistake you for a woman just because you wear a frag marketed to women.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

For mainstream, M7, Dior Homme, Bvlgari Black, Body Kouros.
    If you want to go niche (which you should): Ambre Sultan, Dzing!,and Musc Ravaguer
    These fragrances are sultry and sensual.
    Last edited by runstile; 29th April 2009 at 01:00 AM.

I'm not the most experienced or worldly as fragrance lovers go but for me, M7, Envy for Men and some unlabeled oudh oil I got while in Qatar fit the bill.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 29th April 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Dior Homme for sure

Most of the qualities you listed are usually attributed to creamy and sweet/thick frags, which arent my style, but out of the ones I own or have tried:

YSL L'homme is really good, own this one
    Bulgari AQUA is probably the sexiest aquatic
    DG The one for men gets really good responses too

The Dreamer is nice, and quite unique. But personally, I find an intelligent man with great conversation about interesting, yet diverse topics to be quite sensual. Not a scent in the world can take the place of a witty personality. Good luck with becoming lustfully unforgettable
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser Ó sa source

I will third the Dreamer. It's vicious and luscious. But don't wear it these days though.
    Perfume noob

What about Department stores like Barney's and Saks that sell Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, Tom Ford, etc...? Do those count?

And I think you should try some niche fragrances; why pigeon hole your hobby? It is like a car collector refusing to drive a Porsche.

In addition, to answer your question, none, your personality and social skills should enchant people; not your fragrance. If you look and talk like a train wreck but have the cologne of the Gods then there is no helping you.

Plus this is not a Harry Potter movie; no cologne is going to cast a cute little magic spell on people. A cologne cannot put a person's "conscience at ease" - the very idea is absurd and is asking way too much from a fragrance.

Ok, fine, I will play along, go pet a unicorn and milk a fairy and collect the dust and put it into a 3ML decant from Sally mixed w. M7 and viola - you have your answer!!!
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 29th April 2009 at 02:44 AM.

lodi dodi we likes to podi we don't cause trouble we don't bother nobody we're just some...
    the dreamer will force women to want to do naughty things to you
    m7 will at first make you wrinkle your nose, then want to do naughty things to yourself
    bulgari aqua will make women want to to dirty things to you while you do dirty things to yourself, only out somewhere in the north pacific ocean
    michael by michael kors will make you forget that you even have sex organs and will force you to spend your days with your face buried in your wrists, shirt, arm... wherever else you spray it
    other than that if you really want sensual you will need to at least "explore" the niche market... there are crafted fragrances out there with so much more thought to the entire experience that they blow all of your "designer house" fragrances out of the water... right now I am absolutely hooked on Montale Attar... If each bottle was a buck I would buy a hundred, but since each bottle is a hundred I guess I'll be stuck buying just one
    At your service

I'm gonna think about Prada Amber pour homme

AromiErotici

The 2 best designers that fit this bill to me are :
    Opium Homme EDP and Patou PH.

Too lustful to wear ??hmm...I concur with Dreamer and Michael kors..addendum to these.. I'd suggest
    L'Anarchiste - Caron
    Encre Noire and Lalique Lion- from the Lalique collection
    Vera Wang Men
    Guerlain L'instant ph
    YSL's Nu and M7

The most seductive, dreamy, sensuous, sensual, warm, calm, inviting fragrance that puts your conscious at total ease. Something soft, yet powerful....
    One comes to mind instantly ... Jaipur Homme by Boucheron (eau de parfum).

It's everything you describe above with an added element of the exotic and mysterious. Fantastic!

too lustful to wear and you will only do so to get soo noticed and remembered by.
    How about crossing over to the other side and trying Opium? the ladies' version, not homme?

Designer sensual = Bulgari, Black
    Niche sensual = Le Labo, Rose 31

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post

It's everything you describe above with an added element of the exotic and mysterious. Fantastic!
    I couldn't agree more. And if you want to take a walk on the wild side you should try Hypnotic Poison.

Follow the description carefully please! The most seductive, dreamy, sensuous, sensual, warm, calm, inviting fragrance that puts your conscious at total ease. Something soft, yet powerful.

....go ahead, and give the cologne that is too lustful to wear and you will only do so to get soo noticed and remembered by.
    It seems to me that these are two very different descriptions. The former, for me, is Hypnotic Poison. It's like my favorite jeans and a killer pair of heels.

Too lustful to wear doesn't make it into my wardrobe. I like a more subtle approach.

Well I meant too lustful to wear in the sense that you would only wear it for a special someone, certain event where you surely would not want to go unnoticed, et cetera.

Bulgari Black smells like black fashion gloves, i don't see anything sensual there.

When we talk about sensual, we usually mean something lusty, creamy, or even a bit milky in that it drives the other person into you closely, something like a frosting cream undertone, makes the person want to lick you up.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 29th April 2009 at 05:28 AM.

For designer scents I'd say Body Kouros, Fleur du Male, Armani Code (or Zegna Intenso, which is similar).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post

Bingo. This scent is all that and more. Try Gucci Envy as well.

I'll throw in a mainstream frag that most have never smelled in the public and that is Dunhill for Men (2003) in the slender curved bottle. Its all that you described in your requirements.

Kiehl's musk wears differently on different people, in that some find it raunchy and sexy, while on me it smells soothing and sensual. IT's very affordable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Most of the qualities you listed are usually attributed to creamy and sweet/thick frags, which arent my style, but out of the ones I own or have tried:

YSL L'homme is really good, own this one
    Bulgari AQUA is probably the sexiest aquatic
    DG The one for men gets really good responses too
    Exactly - those three are like honey sweet, peppery, and cappuccino. L'Homme and the one are nice for what you're thinking. They're popular for a reason. I don't find them terribly interesting anymore, but they're nice compliment-getters and they make people get close and sniff.

The most sensual I experienced is the dry down of Paul Smith Story, creamy, soft, warm, not perfumy like, IMO good for intimate moment (you know when someone stick their nose to you skin, and your skin smell exactly like that "frosting cream undertone" with a bit peanut added and it's not like you're putting on a fragrance and smell good, it's more like it's your skin scent) but the middle notes are quite feminine with jasmine and rose. The middle notes will stay for like 2 hrs before the fragrance hit it wonderful base.
    Last edited by jasonx; 29th April 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Exactly - those three are like honey sweet, peppery, and cappuccino. L'Homme and the one are nice for what you're thinking. They're popular for a reason. I don't find them terribly interesting anymore, but they're nice compliment-getters and they make people get close and sniff.
    Pretty accurate. They smell and sell. If I wanted a go-to for an evening party, those would be solid choices

Any decent oud/agarwood oil is just pure sex and sensuality to me. From dirty, animalistic through to humid jungle, this one is my sex scent!

If I can get a spray of 212 on my partner, it is also super sexy the next day. like a whiff of floral hanging round a musky/woody base that got dirtier during the night.

I second Poison. It reminds me of my first teenage funblings. The smell of the original Poison makes me feel 13 again when I catch a whiff, which is very rare these days.

Lol, 'Dudester!' has no idea.

JPG Gaultier^2, Thierry Mugler Angel, Ambre Sultan, CdG 2 Man and Cacherel Nemo all have very 'sensual' elements to them, however no frag turns me on like Angel or Gaultier^2 on my girlfriend. I don't think a guy could pull off Angel in public without some funny reactions, however Gaultier^2 works on either sex.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    lodi dodi we likes to podi we don't cause trouble we don't bother nobody we're just some...
    This just made my day. I needed that.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Micallef's, Royal Musc.

Hmmmm- Hypnotic Posion for me meets those criteria.

Niche- Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille to a lesser extent. And ofcourse Opium.
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Gucci PH II. I find it very comfortable and very senual. As close to a boudoir designer scent as you will get.

Acqua di Gi˛ pour Homme - it works everytime, I swear! The number of times I got laid, while wearing this, is unbelieveable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Acqua di Gi˛ pour Homme - it works everytime, I swear! The number of times I got laid, while wearing this, is unbelieveable.
    Aqua di Gio is like Issey Miyake - where's the sensuality? It smells like flat 7up on the drydown and barely has lust appeal

carven Pour Homme
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

This thread is pure comedy :toppie:

Try Hermes Roccabar. I find it so sexy that I am considering buying it for myself. It can be purchased at Nordstrom.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 30th April 2009 at 04:48 AM.
    Evenstar

Cool Re: The Most Sensual Fragrance Poll!

The most seductive, dreamy, sensuous, sensual, warm, calm, inviting fragrance that puts your conscious at total ease.
    Any in my wardrobe, but you're right. They are much too lustful to wear in public.
    Much as I enjoy them on myself, I feel I should move slowly and make sure it's love, not just lust.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    This thread is pure comedy :toppie:
    Of the fragrant kind

IMO (and Wife's):

L'Air de Rien - Miller Harris
    MKK - Serge Lutens
    Kingdom - Alexander MacQueen
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

When we talk about sensual, we usually mean something lusty, creamy, or even a bit milky in that it drives the other person into you closely, something like a frosting cream undertone, makes the person want to lick you up.
    Then definitely try Hypnotic Poison. Very dessert-like, and widely available.

I would rate Gucci Envy, Rive Gauche PH and Cerutti 1881 Amber.

Sur la Plage

Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mario justiniani View Post
    any in my wardrobe, but you're right. They are much too lustful to wear in public.
    Much as i enjoy them on myself, i feel i should move slowly and make sure it's love, not just lust.

Cheers,

mario
    Must... Stop.... Laughing....

I have experienced those feelings by: euphoria men and armani code.

Blog Entries

Bulgari Black smells like black fashion gloves, i don't see anything sensual there.
    Keep sniffing - eventually the silky notes of lingerie, the leathery/rubbery boot accord, and the whip-like crack of black smoke come through. Unfortunately, prudes only get tea and hardwood floors.

Fragonard Magellan

According to what seems might fit the bill for your tastes and availability, I can suggest you:
    YLS M7
    YSL Rive Gauche PH
    Versace The Dreamer
    Dolce&Gabbana PH
    Narciso Rodriguez for him
    Calvin Klein Obsession for men
    Armani Code

Forgive me but where can I find Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan?

Quote Originally Posted by jakekny View Post
    Forgive me but where can I find Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan?
    At the moment you can officially buy it just in Paris at Les salons du palais royale (or you can have it shipped to you in europe ordering it online from them).
    Rumors are that it will become temporary part of the export like for the next xmas. Otherwise you can try to find it online from "unofficial" sources.

Dior - Dior Homme
    Lalique - Eau de Lalique & Perles de Lalique (both these gems are underrated, here on BN)
    Kenzo - Air
    Luciano Soprani Man

Now I'm in the mood to say: Viktor&Rolf Antidote. About a year ago I didn't really like it, but now as I'm experiencing again with my new sample, I find it extremely sensuous and interesting.

Revision. Sorry: probably you won't find it in the mall, though the price-tag is not really hefty.

From the mall Armani Code.
    Last edited by Sandy; 30th April 2009 at 07:17 PM.

I favor Annick Goutal's Neroli as my olfactory nightgown.

(Oops, sorry! I was wondering why only men answered, but found out too late this was male fragrance discussion...)
    Last edited by KainoKani; 30th April 2009 at 03:35 PM.