Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 29 April

*looks around shiftily* No Sotd yet?
    Today I'm going to (finally) dig into the stash of samples LiB sent me along with the blind samples of the last 3x3. I'm thinking Lp no. 9, I'll HAVE to see what all the fuss is about (looking at you, Dimitri).

Have a great Wednesday, all!
    Last edited by Morgaine; 29th April 2009 at 07:10 AM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Default SotD Wednesday 29 April

Silver Cristal Femme
    Amouage

In celebration of friendship and the second Anniversary of BrothaG's Guess the Fragrance by the Picture thread.

A gentle hug to all of you who feel the pain life can bring to us all.
    Stay safe, my dears.

Let''s enjoy this Wednesday.
    Last edited by Riannon; 29th April 2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: SotD bug
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 29 April

L'Artisan Timbuktu
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I work away from home during the week and do not have the luxury of having my wardrobe with me, so am limited to what I've put in my travel bag last, which at the moment is Pure White Linen.

Apres L'Ondee again for me

Good morning
    I'm wearing Arte del Profumo number 17. An unusual smell of white iris. Light and fresh - perfect for summer.

My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Quote Originally Posted by paula View Post
    Apres L'Ondee again for me
    Look folks, Paula is acting completely in character....

I am also looking out for her future toggling between Bvlgari Black and Love's True Bluish Light!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 29 April

Montale's VETIVER DES SABLES

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Yesterday it was Histoires de Parfums 1969. Today I'm in PG L'Eau de Circé. It seems I'm starting to appreciate other kind of perfumes that I used to loathe.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Tom Ford for Men.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Black Orchid - Tom Ford
    Stuffy nose, I can't smell anything today.

Wearing Habit Rouge today.

Good morning everybody Today I'm in the mood for Musc Ravageur. Enjoy your day all!
    SotE is Midnight violet. I love this scent!!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 29th April 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Noix de Tuberose - Miller Harris

Really sleepy today and dreading meetings
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Jumping in to say hi before another busy day of cleaning. (Hmm. For this I went to college?)
    Cold and rainy again, so another warming scent: Idole de Lubin. Wowser, this is good stuff!!!! I smell myself and feel energised. Fabulous.

Jasper, I was sorry to hear about Chubby yesterday. I hope you and he are doing well today. Sending doggy love your way. xxxxxxx

Hugs to you, too, Musse.
    And Tao - hope you're not getting too toasty. Thinking of you and your community, dear lady.
    Twolfie - aw, just sending you a hug because I can, love.

Have a good day if you can. And if you can't, have a cup of tea.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Here is hoping that today brings a lighter burden to those who have been shouldering some heavy ones and no additional weight to the rest who haven't been.

After yesterday's summer sneak preview we are back in more normal spring territory here in New England.
    For some reason there was a classic calling my name today:

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

One of the great joys of wearing perfume is that I get a chance to personally experience the history for myself. It is why every time I wear an acclaimed classic like Edmond Roudnitska's 1966 creation for Christian Dior, Eau Sauvage, I am reminded how great artists transcend what is going on around them and lift their art to a new level. Eau Sauvage is one of those scents that does this. From the top the lemon and petitgrain beginning make for a light, crisp beginning. It is as the rosemary and basil mix with jasmine in the heart of Eau Sauvage that this attains the heights of classic. The green, herbal character of rosemary and basil in conjunction with the very light jasmine is the signature stage of Eau Sauvage and the place where Roudnitska shows off his artistry. This leads to a classic chypre ending of oak moss and vetiver. One thing to mention about Eau Sauvage is that as a creation of the 60's this is a scent that doesn't feel the need to raise its voice. It is a light close wearing scent that you can fool yourself into thinking its gone after an hour but you'll keep wondering why you're smelling a hint of it 12 hours later. That hint of genius has lasted for over 40 years, now. Not bad.

Have a Wanton Wednesday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 29th April 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Jasper, I hope Chubby is OK. Best to you both.

Lolita Lempicka edp

Have a great day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

SMM, you SO SUAVE, baby...
    Come to mama !

Kisses to our Mouselette, Jasper, Tommi et al.
    Wordie- I love you.
    Terry- you're mine.
    Deb, you're an angel.

I'm tired.
    We're giving J the day off, he's wiped too.
    With the f'ing heat- no one slept- we're on the top floor, and it's too early to hunt down the AC's.

I shudder to admit that i WORRIED about my 'fumes in the heat ...
    What a DWEEB !

Happy Birthday, Daniel Day-Lewis !
    Wanna boogie ???

Last night- Geranium Bourbon.
    Today, Vanille Galante.

Good morning everyone. Wishing all of you and your pets well. Big hug for Chaya, by the way. Good morning. I need something on the light side today. Something pretty and crisp. I'm going to wear some of the last of my quickly dwindling 19.
    I will repurchase. I'm just worried that the smell might be different.

Wishing everyone a safe and peaceful day!
    Hugs to Musse and Jasper

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Doing some work late into the night (early morning now) and I'm wearing Vetiver Dance. In a few hours when I get up again, I think it'll be Durbano Rock Crystal.

An identical twin with alba here in Parfumerie Generale L'Eau de Circe.

Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers sent our way.

Much cooler today, and rain expected. I reached for a quick spritz from my poor long-forgotten bottle of JPG Classique edt this morning. This may have been a mistake. Tenacious! Oh well. I'll be joining Wordie in the house cleaning today. Blergh.

I hope everyone is well today. Love to you all. ♥

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Carlo Corinto Vetyver today. April weather is just fine here in SE Florida. Warm, breezy days and cooler nights into the high 60s.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Greetings to all, with special hugs to Jasper and Chubby, Twolf, Chaya, Musse, Wordbird and Small... and Daniel Day Lewis, with whom I want to do many things that would get me in trouble in most countries.

Today it's Prada Infusion d'Iris for me.

Prada Infusion d'Iris notes: Mandarin, Galbanum, Orange, Orange Blossom, Iris, Cedar, Vetiver, Incense, Benzoin.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Cool Re: SotD Wednesday 29 April

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Greetings to all, with special hugs to Jasper and Chubby, Twolf, Chaya, Musse, Wordbird and Small... and Daniel Day Lewis, with whom I want to do many things that would get me in trouble in most countries.

Today it's Prada Infusion d'Iris for me.

Prada Infusion d'Iris notes: Mandarin, Galbanum, Orange, Orange Blossom, Iris, Cedar, Vetiver, Incense, Benzoin.
    Oh, sister.
    I feel so tawdry about him, myself.
    The same guilt I feel regarding Depardieu, Morgan Freeman, and Trevor Eve [ on that British crime series "Waking The Dead"].
    I'm a horrid old whore, I am.....

But Gerard D. is mine!

Sampling Burberry The Beat for men today. Meh.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Jour de Fête today!

WELL. Today I have been poo-pooed by a sales assisant, for the first time. It was quite fun, actually. He flat out refused to spray Encre Noir on me after I requested so, insisting it was a "men's scent". I told him I don't care about gendered marketing. He looked miffed, and subtly inferred that that would be a problem with me, not the marketing. I then proceeded to say something unforgiveable about literal-mindedness and reached for the bottle myself. Verdict: I like it a lot. Pish, SA, with double nobs on. (Yes, I've been reading Wodehouse again. Toodlepip.)
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Institution

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 29 April

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    WELL. Today I have been poo-pooed by a sales assisant, for the first time. It was quite fun, actually. He flat out refused to spray Encre Noir on me after I requested so, insisting it was a "men's scent". I told him I don't care about gendered marketing. He looked miffed, and subtly inferred that that would be a problem with me, not the marketing. I then proceeded to say something unforgiveable about literal-mindedness and reached for the bottle myself. Verdict: I like it a lot. Pish, SA, with double nobs on. (Yes, I've been reading Wodehouse again. Toodlepip.)
    I love Encre Noir too veuve ! I think it could be worn by a woman - no problems.
    It's Montale Vanilla Absolu for me today.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Guerlain
    HABIT ROUGE
    Eau de Toilette

Starting the day in vintage Replique.

Today is cooler and breezier than yesterday, will go with Dianthus later.

Good morning to all, here is a huge hug for EVERYONE; even if you do not think you need one, I will still give one. Hugs make everything better.

Well it is a little more spring-like here, thank goodness. I love hot weather, but not the jump from cold to steamy in 12 hours.

Today I am wearing one of my favorites;

Hope everyone's day goes well.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

Heritage (the After Shave) by Guerlain

A venomously strong after shave...almost like an EdP. Gotta go really light with this one.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Parfum d'Empire Osmanthe Interdit. I love spring time!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Today is for Tabu

(Hopefully Merbert is not downwind! )

Good for you veuve! Way to stand up for ALL fragrances!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 29th April 2009 at 03:25 PM.

That crinkly Serge thing, Cellophane. I dislike it. I feel, however, duty-bound to work through the sample. I can only tolerate a smear of it at any one time, which suggests I might have 20 smears remaining.

One of these times, I might find the positive in it. Right now, it is sweet over soap, an effect one might recreate by pouring Xylitol into the wash cycle of a Maytag. However, I am trying to distance from it and not experience it as a negative. It must have some virtues to which I am, subjectively, blinded. Osmanthus has proved a tough sell for me, ever since I tried The Different Company's version several years ago. Its tinge of apricot is one of those "If you say so" notes that I'd not have recognized on my own, because I have never encountered an osmanthus shrub and don't expect to come across one any day soon.

I do have a sneaking suspicion, that, as with rose, I'd prefer the thing in its native state.
    Last edited by Orion; 29th April 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Like Chaya and ComDiva, I love, love, love me some DDL . . . my only movie star crrrrush that hasn't faded one iota since it took hold of me almost 20 years ago. (My sister-in-law is celebrating her birthday, today, too. I think they are the same age, even.)

Now, where was I? Oh yes. SOTD. That would be Fidji. Happy Birthday, s-i-l, Happy Birthday, DDL! Have a lovely day, all.

Didn't think I'd be in this again till the leaves started falling, but in honor of the meat locker I call my office...Madame X.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!

La Carezza d' Amore, a gem of a fruity floral that never gets mentioned.

parfums de rosine rosa flamenca

Today I'm wearing Sensuous, thanks very much indeed to Musse. Musse, I was so sorry to hear about your cat. Hugs to you!

Tann Rokka today. Cedar tea. Allergies. Post-game 7 win syndrome.

Brielle - thanks for the nice blog comments.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

DD-L???!!! Oh geeze---
    "The Last of the Mohicans"......"I will find you!"....oh geeze.

Back to sanity in Bondage and
    Last edited by TaoLady; 29th April 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

The Serge thread enticed me to give Ambre Sultan another go.

There's something medicinal, cool, and sharp about amber on me. This was the first Serge I tried, and, a few months later, it's still difficult. Easier than Amber Extreme, but no Ambre Narguile.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 29th April 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Guerlain
    COLOGNE DU 68

24, Faubourg.
    4 students in my school might have the swine flu!

Wodehouse! DDL! What a way to lift the spirits!

Cheesy, but how can you not love it.

I'm still feeling kinda yucko. Don't know what is up (down?) with my immune system. Maybe some Cimbalom by Roxana Illuminated Perfumes will help.

Hugs, all.

Edited: Darkdreams--that's scary. I hope they're all going to be O.K.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

SotE is Eau Suave by Parfum d'Empire

Citron Citron today.

SotD is Guerlain ~ Terracotta Voile d'Ete

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser is my SotE
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Chanel No. 19 parfum for me today.

I love this one so much, but someone needs to explain to me WHY it's so impossible to find...

Voleur de Roses. Which I like better than I remember.

summer means fireflys

I forgot to post my scent earlier ... it's Tam Dao.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    But Gerard D. is mine!
    Nope, you have to share him with me! What IS it about that man???

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    parfums de rosine rosa flamenca
    Ooh, pretty one. I've got to get out my sample again one of these days...

My SotD? I had a long work day filled with meetings. CdG Kyoto kept me company, and kept me awake!

I'm in Gucci again today

Gucci by Gucci
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Diesel Fuel For Life Pour Homme
    Gary

SotD--I tried the newest formulation of Shiseido Zen from a sample. It is supposedly fruity...but to me it smelled of dryer sheets. I still may wear it for SnS.

SotE--something that is not lacking in personality like my SotD, Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe.

Raindropsparkle--No.19 parfum is no longer distributed in the US. I got one from eBay and one from a BNer in the marketplace. I think there are a couple others who are selling No.19 right now in the marketplace. Also, you can perhaps order it from Canada or another international source.