Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger

Ive been looking forward to trying this for weeks , religiously visiting all my regular stores to see if they had taken delivery of it yet and today I struck gold or at least I thought I had ....

It has to be my biggest disappointment ever , I had such high hopes of a huge orange citrus burst alas my hopes were dashed . It is completely flat , not even 2 dimentional ...

The initial " citrus burst " lasted all of about 20 seconds and not particularly orangey or even citrussy , very bright and cheery but oh so short lived and here I am an hour or so later smelling my hand and all I get is dull generic shampoo soap smell

Its definatly a 3 out of 10 from me

I was so looking forward to a new perfect summer citrus fragrance

Default Re: Prada Infusion de Fleur d’Oranger

I tried it at the store and thought it was really pretty nice. Keep in mind that Orange Blossom (Fleur d'Oranger) does not smell like citrus, so if you were thinking citrus going into it, I can see why you'd be let down.

Welcome to PRADA !

Shite innit

Goodness, the two new releases with the prominent orange note- Artisan and this- all got poor reviews here. Don't think I'll be buying either.

Sur la Plage

I agree - it is a major disappointment to me. It certainly wasn't the orange blossom smell I was expecting (I know what orange bloosom is and smells like - and the difference between it and the smell of oranges). I felt it was quite weak and faint and had no longevity whatsoever.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 29th April 2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned

I was pretty disappointed as well. I sampled it this past weekend and even with 4-5 sprays on my arm the projection was very low and the fragrance itself unimpressive. I had been hoping for an EdP version of the existing Prada Fleur d'Oranger but instead the fragrance was just a mild little orange. Eau de Merveilles dramatically overshadows this Prada in terms of dry orange. I will hand it to Prada they are all over the bath products (they have a 33ox shower gel avallable).

Even though many people still don't like it regardless of what's in it - it sounds like a few are still mistaking orange blossom for orange or citrus. Orange blossom is more of a white floral rather than citrus or the orange itself. This doesn't have any citrus or orange notes in it.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Even though many people still don't like it regardless of what's in it - it sounds like a few are still mistaking orange blossom for orange or citrus. Orange blossom is more of a white floral rather than citrus or the orange itself. This doesn't have any citrus or orange notes in it.
    I know I was not personally expecting to be smelling citrus or orange. However, I was expecting to smell something more then lightly scented linen water.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A major disappointment for me too! Especially considering Daniela Andrier's previous amazing work for Prada.

I still have faith in her though

Banned

It's absolutely true that orange blossom is not/does not/should not smell like citrus, but the smell is not entirely unrelated to the smell of orange fruit. It's like a green, dry, floral orange smell. The Prada No.4 parfum captures it quite well, as does Parfumerie Generale Cuir Venenum. It's a shame the EdP doesn't smell like parfum - I would have bought a large bottle.

I'm curious which other parfums are going to have 'infusions' made. They've done two so far (iris and fleur d'oranger). I've only tried a handful of the Prada parfums and I'm very interested as to what Violet (No.7) and Opopnax (No.10) smell like. We should all be so lucky if they released a Cuir Ambre (No.3) because it's another really good parfum.

The sad thing here is is Prada is now batting .500 the version of Infusion D'iris was really well done.
    This one doesn't even begin to capture the delicate beauty of the No. 4 Parfum.
    When I tried this Infusion on the card I was brought to mind of of the smell of orange Kool-Aid in the package. I found this to be borderline offensive to my nose, there was no way I was going to spray this on my skin. I guess based on the previous posters experience the only good aspect if I had done it is the pain would have been over quickly.
    I applaud Prada for trying to give the Parfum series a wider exposure by mking the Infusions but I am worried about some of my other favorites, especially Violet and Cuir Ambre, getting dumbed down so much as to be unrecognizable.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 29th April 2009 at 04:22 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

should be called infusion de fleur de tubereuse IMHO

I found Fleur d'Oranger to be entirely unremarkable and very cheap smelling. It seems like an artificially flavored orange candy with a synthetic tuberose cream center.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!