Code of Conduct

Default A Purchase From the 99 Cents Only Store

As I was looking for Tylenol and floss, I spotted a row of neatly stacked boxes - a column of Jordache No 9 - "Our Alternative to Cool Water by Zino Davidoff". 3oz/90ml Made in USA! I couldn't resist.

I'm sniffing my hand right now and you know, it's fairly accurate. Much, much weaker than CW but they did get the notes down pretty well. Sillage is null and I expect it to completely evaporate from my skin in another 15 minutes. Then again, It's by no means horrible. I wouldn't wear it (I have a fresh GIT on the shelf), but if anyone wants to know what Chez Bond smells like, I suggest you pay a visit to your local 99 Cents Only store.

Also saw "Polo Black" on the shelf. Didn't get it because I've never sampled the real thing.

Default Re: A Purchase From the 99 Cents Only Store

Haha I picked up a few of those. Drakkar Noir. CK One. Cool Water. Angel. All smell alright but very weak. Except the Angel knockoff.

Do not go over to the dark side.

hmm.... just joking. To each his own. lol.

Oh I didn't actually want to wear them, I just had to try em out haha

To be honest, I purchased a "Jean Phillipe Paris" (though it was actually made in China) A*Men designer impostor clone from Dollar Tree once (where everything's only a dollar!) just to see what it was like.

And boy, was it bad. I knew redoing a complex scent like A*Men would be tough, but they got an F. It smelled far more like Coppertone Water Babies sunblock than A*Men, with a hint of chemicals... and it was very potent. Although not as potent as the real stuff, it was more abrasive to the nose. If our resident A*Men hater tvlampboy doesn't like A*Men, he would think this impostor was ten times worse. Not surprisingly, the A*Men clone has since went straight to the trashcan.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

did you know that Jordache Fragrances are made by Inter Parfums....shocking from Aprege to Jordache

http://www.interparfumsinc.com/mass_market.html