Code of Conduct

Question Kenneth Cole Reaction T-Shirt

I think this one's been out for a few months now. Have any of you guys tried it? What do you think about it, and how does it compare to the original Reaction?

Default Re: Kenneth Cole Reaction T-Shirt

I was at the mall when this first came out, and my cousin said she would pay for half of any cologne I

wanted. The SA was trying to get me to buy T-Shirt, cause it was brand new. I was very open minded

and I sampled almost everything and I ended up choosing Reaction over T-Shirt. I wish I could desribe

it better for you. I would consider it wearable, but not as good as Reaction.

Sur la Plage

I tried it and found it to be another fresh, boring and generic designer offering - completely forgetable.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It isn't something I would buy, but I actually liked it. It was very fresh, and had a beautiful sparkling melon(?) note at the top, I can't exactly remember what fruit I smelled. I just thought it was very sparkling, and it didn't smell too generic to me. But it was incredibly light, which is a no go for me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Didn't smell like T-Shirt. Instant fail.

Tried it. Has a kinda lemony-starch (read: Faultless spray starch) smell. Similar to what what happening with Tommy "T" or maybe closer to Burberry summer edition. After it dried down, it kinda had this slight bleach note as when you bleach a white t-shirt and take it outta the dryer. Maybe that was just my imagination. If they actually put it in there, then they are geniuses and this is in the realm of CdG. But I doubt that is the case. Better than the Tommy T and the Burberry Summer, but so what? Unless you have nothing at all for the summer, I'd pass. I would rather buy another Reaction (original) bottle than this...or maybe the Thermal edition, which I've wanted to try for awhile now.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I've been wanting to try it. Some beautiful friend of mine told me it made her 'excited'.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Another boring scent to me.....I would not purchase this ever.....Reaction is the better of the 2 for sure.
    Gary

Thumbs down Re: Kenneth Cole Reaction T-Shirt

I tested it a few weeks ago and do not like it AT ALL! The heart and base notes smell like AquaNet hairspray residue on a bathroom counter top. It's one of the more disgusting fragrances I've tried on my own skin.

Funny thing is, T-Shirt shares some of the same notes in Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Nights, which I purchased for my girlfriend this past Christmas. That perfume smells good on her, and doesn't come off as smelling like hairspray residue.

KC Reaction is a MUCH better fragrance than T-Shirt.

It smells good but as others have alluded, it is not bottle worthy IMO.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I sampled this but had some other stuff on as well so couldn't get a perfect read on it. From what I can smell though it's really the epitome of a clean and fresh scent. Best of all, it doesn't scream - it's somehow sparkling and yet soft. It smells a lot like, well, imagine a 'fresh cotton' candle transformed into a perfume. Extremely simple and basic but it does what it does exceptionally well. It's not as interesting as Infusion d'Homme as a straight-up soapy clean scent, but it's just as archetypically clean.

I'm not sure this is FBW, but it's worth sampling. If nothing else, it would make a great linen or room spray.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

To me it sounds a lot like Tommy Hilfiger's T. Which to me just smelled like citrus and then cotton/linen

I'm not familiar with Hilfiger's T and perhaps I'd be less impressed with T-Shirt if I was. As it is, I've not smelled any (men's, at least) scent quite like this.

The cotton drydown is really well done here and I think this would make a great lazy summer sunday kind of scent. Still, it's not interesting enough to be worn too frequently, so I doubt I'll pick any up.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The cotton drydown is really well done here and I think this would make a great lazy summer sunday kind of scent. Still, it's not interesting enough to be worn too frequently, so I doubt I'll pick any up.
    Indeed. T was my first blind buy ever and was disappointed. It smelled more like a room spray than anything. Of course maybe my tastes have changed since I was only about 13 at the time

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm not familiar with Hilfiger's T and perhaps I'd be less impressed with T-Shirt if I was. As it is, I've not smelled any (men's, at least) scent quite like this.

I agree. I only smelled it once, a long time ago, but was impressed with its clarity. It was exceptionally fresh and clean, but it came off as less chemical than most other scents in its genre. I give it a thumbs up, but it just doesn't have enough going on to warrant a FB.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I agree. I only smelled it once, a long time ago, but was impressed with its clarity. It was exceptionally fresh and clean, but it came off as less chemical than most other scents in its genre. I give it a thumbs up, but it just doesn't have enough going on to warrant a FB.
    Exactly, and better said than I. It just smells so much smoother and more organic than so many fresh scents. To make a strange but theme-related analogy, Reaction T-Shirt is 100% organic cotton while so many other fresh scents are 100% polyester. Of course, they're all just t-shirts.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 14th November 2009 at 11:04 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    To me it sounds a lot like Tommy Hilfiger's T. Which to me just smelled like citrus and then cotton/linen
    It is nothing like Tommy T.

Tommy T is one of my favourite scents, beautifully synthetic like a washing machine in a bottle, with fabulous lasting power.

T-Shirt was a bit of a whimp by comparison. The first time I saw it was two weeks back, with the 100ml bottle already reduced to A$35.

Renato.