Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

Hey Moon Fish. I appreciate the offer to try the Casamorati 1888 line. I just sent you a PM. Thanks!

OK, cairomerta, PM back!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Here comes short review of Kobe by Xerjoff, which I made in my Russian blog and translate then.

Kobe is rare example of masculine scent in parfum concentration.
    Having Japanese-inspired name (every famous meteorite is named after city or region), it reminds me of Arab or Indian businessman in Jermin street or Rue de Castiglione. It has European look from far (well, with Mediterranean tan) - but close enough you could see that it`s not a tanned skin, but natural shade of eastern skin.
    That`s effect is done by mixing citrus-flowery top notes (bergamot, petitgrain, orange, fleurdorange, neroli) that are characteristic for european colognes - with oriental base of woods and resins (labdanum, tonka, benjoin, styrax, rosewood, oud, amber, musks).
    Best with great white shirt, it belongs to the Habit Rouge off-springs family - oriental colognes - but it has very contemporary feel. You could name a few of those - Guerlain #68, Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Parfumerie Generale Louanges Profanes, etc. Fresh citrus in your bathroom and some morning hours - and seducing powdery oriental later.
    For me the best part is the start. Great balance of citrus notes, fresh and green, and zesty - then goes into wet paper feel. I could not name the "paper note" - maybe it`s the rosewood (my rosewood oil smells different). But anyway - it is like the fresh newspapers or documents in office. I like this note - and I found the same accord in Modoc by Xerjoff.
    Then it develops into sillage (my wife call it "josstick part") - benjoin, tonka, woody amber, styrax, musk, patchouli, maybe carnation (powder). The sillage could be compared with the sillages of Jaipur pour homme by Boucheron and Tedallal pour homme by Agallocha.
    It feels like in the lunchtime our hero in white shirt is going to park near some Buddhist temple, lie down on grass, turn on his i-pod, and forget about anything. He could smell the smoke from the temple. The Nirvana is out there.

Oud note is not Montale-like, or M7-like. It is rather mild, tamed, refined, less animalic, not medicine-like. Woody and mineral accents are still alive. Slightly cloudy feeling: is it morning mist or floating smoke? It is not oud-centered composition for hard oud oil lovers. Some similarities I could see with Homage by Amouage.

Kobe Xerjoff (2008). Bergamot, Florida`s orange, spanish rockrose, neroli, petitgrain Paraguai, fleur d`orange, oud, palisanderwood, benjoin siam, tonka beans, amber, styrax absolute, musks.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Great review Moon!! I bought this one and absolutely love it!. You explained it very well. It really does go on with a beautiful citrus combo but also has this amazing woodsy, incense temple note winding in and out of it all day. It has amazing sillage and always maintains its citrus note though and though. A great example of east meets west!

Looks like Ausliebezumduft is not selling these online anymore altough it looks like you can still put it in your basket. Strange. They have a note that states,

"Dear customer,

unfortunately it is not possible for us to sell products of "XerJoff" directly in our Online-Shop. If you wish to purchase products from the "XerJoff" collection or if you would like information regarding the "XerJoff" collection, please feel free to contact us:

Phone: 0049- (0)7251-9 77 70

Mail: info@ausliebezumduft.de

Many thanks & Kind Regards."

Why do you think that this is the case. They completely removed the really expensive 17/17 murano and quartz line from their site. Any ideas why they do this???

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Great review Moon!! I bought this one and absolutely love it!. You explained it very well. It really does go on with a beautiful citrus combo but also has this amazing woodsy, incense temple note winding in and out of it all day. It has amazing sillage and always maintains its citrus note though and though. A great example of east meets west!
    Thanks, cairomerta!

For me the best part is rich, zesty, green natural citrus start and its transition into fresh paper accord. Do you feel the same and do you have any ideas what it could be (I mean paper accord)?
    Or you could say what kind of note (rosewood, incense, rockrose) could be responsible for the effect?

As for the oud note in oriental sillage - can you detect it (I suppose you have had more chances to smell different oud oils)?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Hey moon. I am not sure what that paper accord is but i have smelled it before somewhere too. Reminds me of Guerlain bois de armenie a bit.

As for the Oud, I don't smell oud in the sense of traditional middle eastern oud in it especially like Montales or Arabian ouds but there is definitely something in there giving it the smoky sillage.

It lasts forever though and really develops nicely. Nothing like it on the market for sure. Really worth every penny.

I've just published a blog on the Casamorati line (specifically Fiore d'Ulivo), AND posted a small competition for anyone who might like to win a brand-spanking new carded sample from the range. Just follow the link in my siggy.

Good luck!

PS: Joe, if you want to be in the running, please go back in and edit your comment with the name of the scent you'd prefer to win.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 12th August 2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I've just published a blog on the Casamorati line (specifically Fiore d'Ulivo), AND posted a small competition for anyone who might like to win a brand-spanking new carded sample from the range. Just follow the link in my siggy.

Good luck!
    Nice review there Dimitri, however for some reason I didn't take a liking to Fiore d'Ulivo, it had a green accord that I couldn't discern that just put me off. I'm not sure what it could be but it was sitting there and irking my nose so I never got it, saying that green scents aren't my favourites.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Nice review there Dimitri, however for some reason I didn't take a liking to Fiore d'Ulivo, it had a green accord that I couldn't discern that just put me off. I'm not sure what it could be but it was sitting there and irking my nose so I never got it, saying that green scents aren't my favourites.
    Have you smelled Olive blossoms Aerandir4? This may be the green accord you mean... a scent which is totally mind-blowing to me.

Have you smelled Olive blossoms Aerandir4? This may be the green accord you mean... a scent which is totally mind-blowing to me.
    I have never smelled olive blossoms individually but it may that yes. Just for the record I love olives but I don't know if the blossoms have any relationship to the fruit. mmm I'm not sure what it was that made it so unappealing, it definitely wasn't the pine note as that was great so I guess it may have been the olive blossoms.

By the way I have a nice Xerjoff booklet giving a description of all the scents and the some or all of the notes within all their scents, if you don't have it do you want me to type it out later for your benefit?

You typed some notes up earlier in the thread but there may be some information in this booklet that you may find interesting.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 12th August 2009 at 05:19 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I have never smelled olive blossoms individually but it may that yes. Just for the record I love olives but I don't know if the blossoms have any relationship to the fruit. mmm I'm not sure what it was that made it so unappealing, it definitely wasn't the pine note as that was great so I guess it may have been the olive blossoms. How did you find this accord stimulating Dimitri?

By the way I have a nice Xerjoff booklet giving a description of all the scents and the some or all of the notes within all their scents, if you don't have it do you want me to type it out later for your benefit?

You typed some notes up earlier in the thread but there may be some information in this booklet that you may find interesting.
    The aroma of olive blossoms dont really relate in any way to the smell of the leaves, bark or oil... its quite distinctive... a little sweet. Very spring/summery. I have nice associations from when I was living in Greece a number of years ago.

If there is pine here, then I don't smell it. If so it may be aleppo pine which I adore, but is a bit of a shape-shifter, and lends different characteristics to different scents.
    I have some recent XerJoff literature given to me by the European rep, so its not necessary you go to the trouble of typing it up here for my benefit Aerandir4 (thanks anyway!) - however other users might like to see some of it as a resource. Up to you

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Oh dear - I can't speak about the fragrances themselves, though they sound lovely, but I think visual tastes must be really different in the east these days - this is just a matter of personal taste I guess as it is directly contrary to your own assesment, but to my eyes that is *the* worst graphic design and packaging design I have ever seen!

The bottles with the greek sculpture relief heads look like fast food soft drink containers for happy meals with the garish colours, sippy-cup hats, and badly designed crests (I like the sculpture heads though) while the Xerjoff logo itself looks like an ill-concieved teenage heavy metal band logo. Even the singular X has an unappealing shape... I love quartz and crystal bottles, but it seems almost like a joke to waste those materials on these McDonalds designs! Maybe that is part of the conspicuous consumption appeal or something? The choice of backgrounds and surfaces and photography is also in extremely poor taste in my opinion! It all reeks of cheapness and lack of aesthetic sensibility.

Amouage did a great job with their wastefully expensive bottles - those make you feel like you're shelling out big money for something well crafted and refined, something hand made with centuries of tradition behind it - these bottle just scream garish conspicuous consumption and faddishness to me.
    My scentiments exactly. Looks like perfume you'd buy in the souvenirship at Dollywood or a TV shopping network. Now only 24.99 for two plus you get the original jerkoff can opener free!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Looks like Ausliebezumduft is not selling these online anymore altough it looks like you can still put it in your basket. Strange. They have a note that states,

"Dear customer,

unfortunately it is not possible for us to sell products of "XerJoff" directly in our Online-Shop. If you wish to purchase products from the "XerJoff" collection or if you would like information regarding the "XerJoff" collection, please feel free to contact us:

Phone: 0049- (0)7251-9 77 70

Mail: info@ausliebezumduft.de

Many thanks & Kind Regards."

Why do you think that this is the case. They completely removed the really expensive 17/17 murano and quartz line from their site. Any ideas why they do this???
    Some houses prohibit retailers from selling the product online to maintain exclusivity. So it's brick & mortar only for ALzD.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 12th August 2009 at 04:25 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Is there any info on the noses behind this line, or the company who makes the fragrance?
    My Wardrobe

Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR
    ..... Amouage did a great job with their wastefully expensive bottles - those make you feel like you're shelling out big money for something well crafted and refined, something hand made with centuries of tradition behind it - these bottle just scream garish conspicuous consumption and faddishness to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    My scentiments exactly. Looks like perfume you'd buy in the souvenirship at Dollywood or a TV shopping network. Now only 24.99 for two plus you get the original jerkoff can opener free!
    Lol! I find these remarks fascinating. Perhaps the marketing visuals dont do much justice for the line, but you must admit the craftsmanship is remarkable.
    Click on the photo here to enlarge.

Of course everyone's tastes and design sensibilities are as diverse as our noses. What is important are the scents themselves... and there it appears XerJoff won't compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Is there any info on the noses behind this line, or the company who makes the fragrance?
    Hi,
    as far as I recall - it`s Robertet perfumers from Grasse.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I personally have collected a lot of scents from this line and I must say it has simply become my favorite line in the world. Every scent offers such a wonderful and different interpretation of its notes and the whole feel of the scents are really world class. As I mentioned before in previous posts, the XJ 17/17 line, which is the very very expensive line of Xerjoffs, will soon be released in regular glass bottles as opposed to the murano glass and quartz bottles. These will make them somewhat more affordable and by that meaning in the range of clive Christian scents. But please do not let this scare you away. I promise you that you have never smelled anything that comes close to the class of these scents. Irissss is simply the best iris scent i have ever smelled, Homme is the best leather scent i have ever smelled and XXY is the most beautifully balanced Citrus amber scent. The line is simply amazing!

The aroma of olive blossoms dont really relate in any way to the smell of the leaves, bark or oil... its quite distinctive... a little sweet. Very spring/summery. I have nice associations from when I was living in Greece a number of years ago.

If there is pine here, then I don't smell it. If so it may be aleppo pine which I adore, but is a bit of a shape-shifter, and lends different characteristics to different scents.
    I have some recent XerJoff literature given to me by the European rep, so its not necessary you go to the trouble of typing it up here for my benefit Aerandir4 (thanks anyway!) - however other users might like to see some of it as a resource. Up to you
    ok here it goes for the XJ 17/17 collection (well two of them for now)

Elle:
    Elle starts with a sweet fruity note reminiscent of a mouth watering Laduree raspberry macaroon. Later, the epicurean influence dissipates and leads to a feminine harmony of rose, jasmine and patchouli. After a while, the leather note contrasts dramatically with the delicious simplicity of the sugary start. Coumarin gives an unexpected finish and forms a solid anchor to the rest of the composition. In turn, innocently sweet or fearlessly assertive, Elle's masterpiece execution speaks a resolutely feminine language.

Irisss:
    Irisss with its rich woody softness will beguile even the hardest souls. At the heart of this composition is iris butter, evoking the finest face powders under the softness of the cashmere. This central element is dressed with floral and woody constituents; the floral part os composed of rose, jasmine, ylang and violet leaves, the woody part is composed of vetiver and cedarwood. These elements then sit on a resinous cushion, strengthening the enduring quality of the powdery notes. Despite the nostalgic theme, the execution is resolutely modern and vibrant. the magic if Irisss lies indeed in this extraordinary ability to create a totally new emotion from a very classic foundation.

phew thats two for now, I'm a slow typer, il finish the rest later...tbc
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 12th August 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Hey dimitri. I have Mifesto in the porcelain presentation and it is beautiful. This will sure be a treasured piece in my collection. Do you have any idea when the new glass versions will be coming out and what they look like. Thanks.

ok here it goes for the XJ 17/17 collection (well two of them for now)

Elle:
    Elle starts with a sweet fruity note reminiscent of a mouth watering Laduree raspberry macaroon. Later, the epicurean influence dissipates and leads to a feminine harmony of rose, jasmine and patchouli. After a while, the leather note contrasts dramatically with the delicious simplicity of the sugary start. Coumarin gives an unexpected finish and forms a solid anchor to the rest of the composition. In turn, innocently sweet or fearlessly assertive, Elle's masterpiece execution speaks a resolutely feminine language.

Irisss:
    Irisss with its rich woody softness will beguile even the hardest souls. At the heart of this composition is iris butter, evoking the finest face powders under the softness of the cashmere. This central element is dressed with floral and woody constituents; the floral part os composed of rose, jasmine, ylang and violet leaves, the woody part is composed of vetiver and cedarwood. These elements then sit on a resinous cushion, strengthening the enduring quality of the powdery notes. Despite the nostalgic theme, the execution is resolutely modern and vibrant. the magic if Irisss lies indeed in this extraordinary ability to create a totally new emotion from a very classic foundation.

phew thats two for now, I'm a slow typer, il finish the rest later...tbc
    Ah, this is the same literature i have as well... nice booklet isn't it?

Hey dimitri. I have Mifesto in the porcelain presentation and it is beautiful. This will sure be a treasured piece in my collection. Do you have any idea when the new glass versions will be coming out and what they look like. Thanks.
    Well, dont dispose of the bottle cairomerta... it will be a collectors piece one day.
    No idea when the new bottles will be on the market, but I think the relaunch is very very soon.
    They are being replaced because the porcelain is too porous... are you noticing any unusual evaporation or anything?
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 12th August 2009 at 06:16 PM.

One thing I am noticing is that the sell of the scent comes out of that bottle very very strongly and that has to be due to evaporation. If you take a regular creed bottle and smell the glass for example, you cant smell the scent at all. If you pick up this porcelain bottle, and put your nose up to the bottle (not the nozzle) you can smell the scent as if it is freshly sprayed. Also, the bottle seems very very light for what I would think would be in that scent. That just may be due to the porcelain though.

Yes, porcelain is usually quite light if the bottles are moulded... (think Agent Provocateur).
    The fact the scent is very strong through the flacon suggests to me that it is evaporating slowly... maybe time to decant? After all, Im sure I dont need to tell you that these scents dont come cheap!

I agree. I think i am about to decant it as this scents is too precious to lose any drop of!

Ah, this is the same literature i have as well... nice booklet isn't it?
    Ahh true it is a nice booklet that they give you. I quite like the way your walked through the scents in the description, it almost feels like someone is explaining the sensations from top notes to basenotes.

By the way have you tried Ensamble? Its enlisted in the directory buy it wasn't in the sample pack I received.!?

No, Ive not tried it, sorry. Perhaps cairomerta has?

Actually no I haven't but something I noticed is that the notes for ensamble are exactly the notes for Xerjoff Kobe from the shooting stars collection. Maybe it was moved over to that line instead of the XJ 17/17 line

Ensemble Notes:
    Top Notes: Bergamot, Florida Orange, Cistus Labdanum.
    Middle Notes Neroli, Orange flowers, Petitgrain.
    Base NotesOud, Palisanderwood, Benzoine, Tonka, Amber, Styrax absolute, Musk.

Kobe Notes from First in Fragerance:
    Head: Bergamot, Orange, Labdanum (Rockrose)
    Heart: Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange Blossom
    Base: Agarwood (Oud), Rosewood (Palisander), Benzoin, Tonka Bean, Ambergris, Storax, Musk

Dead on!
    I believe that`s true renaming.

Actually no I haven't but something I noticed is that the notes for ensamble are exactly the notes for Xerjoff Kobe from the shooting stars collection. Maybe it was moved over to that line instead of the XJ 17/17 line

Ensemble Notes:
    Top Notes: Bergamot, Florida Orange, Cistus Labdanum.
    Middle Notes Neroli, Orange flowers, Petitgrain.
    Base NotesOud, Palisanderwood, Benzoine, Tonka, Amber, Styrax absolute, Musk.

Kobe Notes from First in Fragerance:
    Head: Bergamot, Orange, Labdanum (Rockrose)
    Heart: Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange Blossom
    Base: Agarwood (Oud), Rosewood (Palisander), Benzoin, Tonka Bean, Ambergris, Storax, Musk
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Good luck!
    Just posted the sample winners names on the blog (Scott & Merlino) - many congrats!

I was really excited to receive my full set of 14 XerJoff 15ml bottles in the post today

There looks to be plenty of blog fodder here, as Im still as enthusiastic as I ever was about these collections. Today Im wearing XXY on one wrist and properly sampling Irisss on the other.
    I can't help but feel like its Xmas morning here.
    More reviews to soon follow on the Sorcery of Scent.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 8th April 2010 at 10:48 PM.

I was really excited to receive my full set of 14 XerJoff 15ml bottles in the post today

There looks to be plenty of blog fodder here, as Im still as enthusiastic as I ever was about these collections. Today Im wearing XXY on one wrist and properly sampling Irisss on the other.
    I can't help but feel like its Xmas morning here.
    More reviews to soon follow on the Sorcery of Scent.

Where did you manage to get the 15ml bottles from? and for what price if you don't mind me asking. That is a nice collection.

These are press samples Aerandir4.
    I am soon to start writing as a fragrance columnist and these arrived quite out of the blue from a contact I have in the industry.

These are press samples Aerandir4.
    I am soon to start writing as a fragrance columnist and these arrived quite out of the blue from a contact I have in the industry.
    Fantastic. Please let us know when you manage to blog all the 14 samples. I would very much like to read your full views!

I'm quite impressed with the Xerjoff scents yet not so impressed with the prices, so the possibility to purchase refill cap-less bottles sound exciting...

As I'll soon be in London (with only a couple of hours of spare time ) I'm planning to visit Roja Dove's famous perfume store. Do I need any proof of already owning a full presentation to purchase a refill bottle? And are refills available also for the XJ 17/17 line (which exists only in extrait concentration until now)?

Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    I'm quite impressed with the Xerjoff scents yet not so impressed with the prices, so the possibility to purchase refill cap-less bottles sound exciting...

As I'll soon be in London (with only a couple of hours of spare time ) I'm planning to visit Roja Dove's famous perfume store. Do I need any proof of already owning a full presentation to purchase a refill bottle? And are refills available also for the XJ 17/17 line (which exists only in extrait concentration until now)?

Thanks for any advice
    Its £95 for a refill of any of the shooting stars
    £350 for a regular glass refill of any of the 17/17 collection
    £600 each for a refill murano glass bottle of any of the 17/17 collection

and you won't need any proof of previous purchase...I just rang Harrods.

Thanks a lot!! This sounds great!

Have had a chance to wear properly Nio EDP from The Shooting Stars collection.
    Actually I wore it all the Christmas-NY holidays.
    I should say I like it very much - I would place it near Kobe from the very same collection.

It`s green citrus cymbals that had a loud and prolonged effect.
    Mandarine, bergamot, maybe yuzu, neroli and verbena - but it lasts and lasts!!!
    Also I should mention that on some stage it smells like it has some relations with Je Reviens Worth (woody acid-like salicylates) - green woody accord to support the cymbal BANNNG!!!
    Anyway, cologne with perfume strength is FUN and PLEASURE!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Aerandir, as requested in post #93 above, I have just done a very brief review of the gorgeous Modoc on my blog:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com

Fantastic Dimitri. Just as a coincidence I was rummaging through the sample set yesterday and I agree with everything you have stated in that concise review. Its absolutely stunning Dimitri and I kept back from trying it on skin to avoid myself digging into the humble savings for a bottle. I'm eyeing one of the shooting stars for a purchase but will need to give a longer and more scrutinizing test to each one before I plunge into the first major buy this year.

Once again I'd like to reiterate how great it is to have those small decant bottles of the all the scents! Keep up the good work with the reviews amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Have had a chance to wear properly Nio EDP from The Shooting Stars collection.
    Actually I wore it all the Christmas-NY holidays.
    I should say I like it very much - I would place it near Kobe from the very same collection.

It`s green citrus cymbals that had a loud and prolonged effect.
    Mandarine, bergamot, maybe yuzu, neroli and verbena - but it lasts and lasts!!!
    Also I should mention that on some stage it smells like it has some relations with Je Reviens Worth (woody acid-like salicylates) - green woody accord to support the cymbal BANNNG!!!
    Anyway, cologne with perfume strength is FUN and PLEASURE!
    Hey Moon. Can you expand a bit more on this Nio. I haven't had a chance to smell this one but it sounds amazing. Anything you can compare it to? What do you mean by Cymbals? Is it citrusy in the same way as Mifesto? Is it leaning more feminine, masculine, unisex. Even though I dont like Gender classifications, it just helps me get an idea of which direction the blend is leaning towards. How is the drydown? Whatever else you can add would be great!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 11th January 2010 at 10:14 PM.

I'm a big supporter of the theory that price shouldn't necessarily matter if it's something you love. I'll be the first into a debate about GIT vs. CW, and be the first to say just save up for a month or two and buy the GIT, but I have to draw a line on Xerjoff. For one, I'd love to sample them, but TPC doesn't have them, and they don't have any North American stocklists. I'd have to go through First In Fragrance, which I haven't done yet before, because there shipping is expensive, but there prices are completely prohibitive. If the juice was absolutely awe-inspiring I'd think about spending up to $300, but they blow those prices out of the water, and I can't imagine them being exponentially better than the top quality niche houses. It's unfortunate, it really is, because I'm sure some are real nice.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I agree with Modoc. Such a wonderfully made scent with the smooth iris woodsy combination that is not like anything I have tried in the market today. The ingredients in this line a second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm a big supporter of the theory that price shouldn't necessarily matter if it's something you love. I'll be the first into a debate about GIT vs. CW, and be the first to say just save up for a month or two and buy the GIT, but I have to draw a line on Xerjoff. For one, I'd love to sample them, but TPC doesn't have them, and they don't have any North American stocklists. I'd have to go through First In Fragrance, which I haven't done yet before, because there shipping is expensive, but there prices are completely prohibitive. If the juice was absolutely awe-inspiring I'd think about spending up to $300, but they blow those prices out of the water, and I can't imagine them being exponentially better than the top quality niche houses. It's unfortunate, it really is, because I'm sure some are real nice.
    Hey I will tell you one thing, with the Xerjoff set I will guarantee you will like at least some of them. I really think its worth your while to sample the whole line especially the XJ 17/17 line (Homme, XXY and Irisss). You can literately smell the quality and they are as cairo mentions, unique smelling.

Hey I will tell you one thing, with the Xerjoff set I will guarantee you will like at least some of them. I really think its worth your while to sample the whole line especially the XJ 17/17 line (Homme, XXY and Irisss). You can literately smell the quality and they are as cairo mentions, unique smelling.
    I would Aerandir, if they were, like I said, more readily available. I'd be sure to add them to a TPC sample order, if they were there, but alas they aren't. Perhaps one of these days I'll crack and just get some samples from First in Fragrance.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I would Aerandir, if they were, like I said, more readily available. I'd be sure to add them to a TPC sample order, if they were there, but alas they aren't. Perhaps one of these days I'll crack and just get some samples from First in Fragrance.
    If you do get down to it post some thoughts here, we would love to read them

Hey Moon. Can you expand a bit more on this Nio. I haven't had a chance to smell this one but it sounds amazing. Anything you can compare it to? What do you mean by Cymbals? Is it citrusy in the same way as Mifesto? Is it leaning more feminine, masculine, unisex. Even though I dont like Gender classifications, it just helps me get an idea of which direction the blend is leaning towards. How is the drydown? Whatever else you can add would be great!
    Hi Cairomerta,
    sorry for being too excited that my words did not make any sense.
    Cymbals is a musical instrument in orchestra. Brass round dishes that produces a loud sound.
    As Nio has really loud, rough, zingy, bright and refreshing smell of citrus cocktail - I compare it to cymbals.

I better describe it in other words.
    Imagine Cologne Mugler being more concentrated, more energetic, more rough and bright, with its green neroli empowered by mandarine and bergamot (maybe petitgrain too for more green citrus). And it`s EDP instead of EDC. That`s the start of Nio. Neroli as citrus note with slight flowery accent.
    Some time later Nio becomes more flowery and one could smell the woody-dusty feel of salicilates (I feel it like a sillage of Je Reviens Worth), which has some acidity I could compare to Aspirin. But citrus notes still prevails. The more it goes to sillage - the more woody quality it obtains. Some transparent musks maybe too added with light hand.
    But it`s not like Eau de Guerlain that smells like an orchestra (citruses, herbs, woods change each other) - but simple pleasure of luxury ingredients (Mega-neroli).

Does that makes sense now?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Thanks moon. I know what Cymbals are ahahaha. I just thought that was a new note in perfumery that I didnt ever hear of. I was searching google all over for notes of Cymbal LOL! I didnt realize that you meant the cymbals of drums! All this makes sense now. Great review as usual and I look forward to trying this soon. thanks again for the heads up moon!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th January 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Having sampled all of the Xerjoff line, my favourite was Mefisto but unfortunately it doesn't last long enough on me to justify the price tag (probably around 2 hours max), but my partner and mother love Fiore D'Ulivo both from the CASAMORATI 1888 range, so it's saving up time for me.
    You can buy direct from Xerjoff.

How do you buy direct from Xerjoff? Thats the first I have heard of this.

Wait, so you can buy refills? Just by themselves, you don't need to own an official bottle?

Wait, so you can buy refills? Just by themselves, you don't need to own an official bottle?
    Yes. I have done that plenty of times. All you need to do is call Roja Dove in Harrods and order the scents you want and just tell them you want the refill bottles and they will ship. Now they do not ship to the USA, so you have to figure that part out. First in Fragrance also carries the Xerjoff line but they dont carry the refills for some reason. But in short, the answer is yes, you can just buy the refills.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th January 2010 at 09:49 PM.

How do you buy direct from Xerjoff? Thats the first I have heard of this.
    Just send them an e-mail, tell them what you want to buy and you can pay via PayPal. They will certainly sell to the UK, so I would imagine certain other countries as well.

Just a note: Roja Dove do not sell the CASAMORATI 1888 range, in case anyone was thinking of ringing them about those.

WoW Their layouts already intrigue me! Fecund and Originally Quaint. Have a stand out quality. Amazing!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Hey guys. I have received the notes, marketing descriptions and names of the new Xerjoff scents available now. Here they are as I have received them:

Nio (Men/Shooting Stars Collection):
    A refreshing walk through the south Italian countryside.
    Rich, delicious Neroli and Calabrian Bergamont are joined with mysterious
    spicy notes. Cardamom, nutmeg and rose pepper ties this unique blend with
    an melodious dry-woody base of Cedar and Guaiaco woods, Haiti Vetiver
    and Indian Patchouli.
    An enduring elegance and style.

Tobacco Oroville (Men/Shooting Stars Collection):
    Tobacco Oroville opens with top notes of Roman Chamomile and Clary
    Sage. Rich floral heart notes of Orange Flowers and Italian Neroli wrapped in
    Carnation and Tobacco leaves from Cuba.
    Base notes made of precious Sandal wood from Mysore, Galbanum and
    Vanilla, Amber, white Musks.

LUA (Women/Shooting Stars Collection)
    A magnificent fruity blend of Mediterranean romance.
    A bouquet distilled with ingredients of rare quality: Bergamont, Bulgarian
    roses and Florentine iris all refined with rose pepper and vanilla. A luxurious
    expression of elegance for a timeless exclusive experience.

Oesel (Unisex/Shooting Stars Collection)
    Oesel is a symphony of bright, rich notes perfectly executed with the finest
    raw materials brought together. The brightness of the Orange flowers and
    Petitgrain from Paraguay leads the way to the hearth of this sensual blend;
    Bulgarian rose and Jasmine Sambac skilfully wrapped in sophisticated Acacia
    and white flowers. This unique result lays on a fine woody amber base, a
    elegant result thanks to the finest Indian Patchouli, Cedar wood and the
    Tobacco flower which provide character, depth and tenacity.

I have already smelled and ordered Oesel and I love it. I am waiting to order NIO based on Moon's description. Citrus and Cardamom are right up my alley!!

Basenotes Institution

Wow, they just keep cranking them out, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wow, they just keep cranking them out, don't they?
    Yeah they do Mike!! have you ever tried them?? They are absolutely stunning. There is a quality of craftsmanship that I have seen in some of the scents being released in a long time.

Basenotes Institution

Yeah they do Mike!! have you ever tried them?? They are absolutely stunning. There is a quality of craftsmanship that I have seen in some of the scents being released in a long time.
    I have two samples, that honestly I haven't smelled yet. Will soon...

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Hi,
    as far as I recall - it`s Robertet perfumers from Grasse.
    Aha!

I had surmised that a few of the scents had a signature sweet note, or rather a super sweet 'shimmer' juxtaposed over a heavier scent (I get this STRONGLY in Uden for men, which dries down to the same synthetic note used in the base of Straight to Heaven, and also quite strongly in XXY) that seems to be prevalent in all of the scents by the nose Sidonie Lanceusser that I've smelled (well, just the two By Kilians).

After reading your post I googled it and sure enough, Sidonie Lanceusser works for Robertet. I'd bet any money she had a hand in some of these, namely the two aforementioned but perhaps others.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Recently received samples of most of the women's line (thanks to an extremely generous BNer!), and my original response was, "these are gorgeous and beautifully constructed fragrances, but nothing I need to add to my wishlist, given my embarrassingly large collection"... But I am stunned and delighted at how this line consistently changes/develops throughout wearings, and now I'm afraid there are two or three I need to rave about and put on the dreaded Wishlist. Wish the jus were less expensive, but oh, it's wonderful. Quick update on my faves below, more on the Xerjoff Sniffaroo thread:

Bouquet Ideale Sweet and spicy Oriental on steroids. I am in love, though it goes VERY sweet on me.

Esquel: I should've known I'd fall for this one, given the notes. Just a tad drier than the BI above and therefore more versitile, IMO. Gorgeous, goegeous, gorgeous.

Fiore d'Olivo: Still deciding on this one, but I am totally enchanted by the tea-like jasmine elements mid-way through the fragrance.

Iriss: Delightfully dry and woody iris root, also the greens. One of the more linear of the bunch, but so what? Beautifully done.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 30th May 2010 at 05:41 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Wink Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

Now you can buy online directly at Xerjoff eBoutique

http://www.xerjoff.com/eboutique/

Prices are all inclusive!