Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I was really excited to receive my full set of 14 XerJoff 15ml bottles in the post today

There looks to be plenty of blog fodder here, as Im still as enthusiastic as I ever was about these collections. Today Im wearing XXY on one wrist and properly sampling Irisss on the other.
    I can't help but feel like its Xmas morning here.
    More reviews to soon follow on the Sorcery of Scent.

Where did you manage to get the 15ml bottles from? and for what price if you don't mind me asking. That is a nice collection.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

These are press samples Aerandir4.
    I am soon to start writing as a fragrance columnist and these arrived quite out of the blue from a contact I have in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    These are press samples Aerandir4.
    I am soon to start writing as a fragrance columnist and these arrived quite out of the blue from a contact I have in the industry.
    Fantastic. Please let us know when you manage to blog all the 14 samples. I would very much like to read your full views!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I'm quite impressed with the Xerjoff scents yet not so impressed with the prices, so the possibility to purchase refill cap-less bottles sound exciting...

As I'll soon be in London (with only a couple of hours of spare time ) I'm planning to visit Roja Dove's famous perfume store. Do I need any proof of already owning a full presentation to purchase a refill bottle? And are refills available also for the XJ 17/17 line (which exists only in extrait concentration until now)?

Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    I'm quite impressed with the Xerjoff scents yet not so impressed with the prices, so the possibility to purchase refill cap-less bottles sound exciting...

As I'll soon be in London (with only a couple of hours of spare time ) I'm planning to visit Roja Dove's famous perfume store. Do I need any proof of already owning a full presentation to purchase a refill bottle? And are refills available also for the XJ 17/17 line (which exists only in extrait concentration until now)?

Thanks for any advice
    Its £95 for a refill of any of the shooting stars
    £350 for a regular glass refill of any of the 17/17 collection
    £600 each for a refill murano glass bottle of any of the 17/17 collection

and you won't need any proof of previous purchase...I just rang Harrods.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post

Thanks a lot!! This sounds great!

Have had a chance to wear properly Nio EDP from The Shooting Stars collection.
    Actually I wore it all the Christmas-NY holidays.
    I should say I like it very much - I would place it near Kobe from the very same collection.

It`s green citrus cymbals that had a loud and prolonged effect.
    Mandarine, bergamot, maybe yuzu, neroli and verbena - but it lasts and lasts!!!
    Also I should mention that on some stage it smells like it has some relations with Je Reviens Worth (woody acid-like salicylates) - green woody accord to support the cymbal BANNNG!!!
    Anyway, cologne with perfume strength is FUN and PLEASURE!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Aerandir, as requested in post #93 above, I have just done a very brief review of the gorgeous Modoc on my blog:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com

Fantastic Dimitri. Just as a coincidence I was rummaging through the sample set yesterday and I agree with everything you have stated in that concise review. Its absolutely stunning Dimitri and I kept back from trying it on skin to avoid myself digging into the humble savings for a bottle. I'm eyeing one of the shooting stars for a purchase but will need to give a longer and more scrutinizing test to each one before I plunge into the first major buy this year.

Once again I'd like to reiterate how great it is to have those small decant bottles of the all the scents! Keep up the good work with the reviews amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Have had a chance to wear properly Nio EDP from The Shooting Stars collection.
    Actually I wore it all the Christmas-NY holidays.
    I should say I like it very much - I would place it near Kobe from the very same collection.

It`s green citrus cymbals that had a loud and prolonged effect.
    Mandarine, bergamot, maybe yuzu, neroli and verbena - but it lasts and lasts!!!
    Also I should mention that on some stage it smells like it has some relations with Je Reviens Worth (woody acid-like salicylates) - green woody accord to support the cymbal BANNNG!!!
    Anyway, cologne with perfume strength is FUN and PLEASURE!
    Hey Moon. Can you expand a bit more on this Nio. I haven't had a chance to smell this one but it sounds amazing. Anything you can compare it to? What do you mean by Cymbals? Is it citrusy in the same way as Mifesto? Is it leaning more feminine, masculine, unisex. Even though I dont like Gender classifications, it just helps me get an idea of which direction the blend is leaning towards. How is the drydown? Whatever else you can add would be great!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 11th January 2010 at 10:14 PM.

I'm a big supporter of the theory that price shouldn't necessarily matter if it's something you love. I'll be the first into a debate about GIT vs. CW, and be the first to say just save up for a month or two and buy the GIT, but I have to draw a line on Xerjoff. For one, I'd love to sample them, but TPC doesn't have them, and they don't have any North American stocklists. I'd have to go through First In Fragrance, which I haven't done yet before, because there shipping is expensive, but there prices are completely prohibitive. If the juice was absolutely awe-inspiring I'd think about spending up to $300, but they blow those prices out of the water, and I can't imagine them being exponentially better than the top quality niche houses. It's unfortunate, it really is, because I'm sure some are real nice.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I agree with Modoc. Such a wonderfully made scent with the smooth iris woodsy combination that is not like anything I have tried in the market today. The ingredients in this line a second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm a big supporter of the theory that price shouldn't necessarily matter if it's something you love. I'll be the first into a debate about GIT vs. CW, and be the first to say just save up for a month or two and buy the GIT, but I have to draw a line on Xerjoff. For one, I'd love to sample them, but TPC doesn't have them, and they don't have any North American stocklists. I'd have to go through First In Fragrance, which I haven't done yet before, because there shipping is expensive, but there prices are completely prohibitive. If the juice was absolutely awe-inspiring I'd think about spending up to $300, but they blow those prices out of the water, and I can't imagine them being exponentially better than the top quality niche houses. It's unfortunate, it really is, because I'm sure some are real nice.
    Hey I will tell you one thing, with the Xerjoff set I will guarantee you will like at least some of them. I really think its worth your while to sample the whole line especially the XJ 17/17 line (Homme, XXY and Irisss). You can literately smell the quality and they are as cairo mentions, unique smelling.

Hey I will tell you one thing, with the Xerjoff set I will guarantee you will like at least some of them. I really think its worth your while to sample the whole line especially the XJ 17/17 line (Homme, XXY and Irisss). You can literately smell the quality and they are as cairo mentions, unique smelling.
    I would Aerandir, if they were, like I said, more readily available. I'd be sure to add them to a TPC sample order, if they were there, but alas they aren't. Perhaps one of these days I'll crack and just get some samples from First in Fragrance.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I would Aerandir, if they were, like I said, more readily available. I'd be sure to add them to a TPC sample order, if they were there, but alas they aren't. Perhaps one of these days I'll crack and just get some samples from First in Fragrance.
    If you do get down to it post some thoughts here, we would love to read them

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hey Moon. Can you expand a bit more on this Nio. I haven't had a chance to smell this one but it sounds amazing. Anything you can compare it to? What do you mean by Cymbals? Is it citrusy in the same way as Mifesto? Is it leaning more feminine, masculine, unisex. Even though I dont like Gender classifications, it just helps me get an idea of which direction the blend is leaning towards. How is the drydown? Whatever else you can add would be great!
    Hi Cairomerta,
    sorry for being too excited that my words did not make any sense.
    Cymbals is a musical instrument in orchestra. Brass round dishes that produces a loud sound.
    As Nio has really loud, rough, zingy, bright and refreshing smell of citrus cocktail - I compare it to cymbals.

I better describe it in other words.
    Imagine Cologne Mugler being more concentrated, more energetic, more rough and bright, with its green neroli empowered by mandarine and bergamot (maybe petitgrain too for more green citrus). And it`s EDP instead of EDC. That`s the start of Nio. Neroli as citrus note with slight flowery accent.
    Some time later Nio becomes more flowery and one could smell the woody-dusty feel of salicilates (I feel it like a sillage of Je Reviens Worth), which has some acidity I could compare to Aspirin. But citrus notes still prevails. The more it goes to sillage - the more woody quality it obtains. Some transparent musks maybe too added with light hand.
    But it`s not like Eau de Guerlain that smells like an orchestra (citruses, herbs, woods change each other) - but simple pleasure of luxury ingredients (Mega-neroli).

Does that makes sense now?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Thanks moon. I know what Cymbals are ahahaha. I just thought that was a new note in perfumery that I didnt ever hear of. I was searching google all over for notes of Cymbal LOL! I didnt realize that you meant the cymbals of drums! All this makes sense now. Great review as usual and I look forward to trying this soon. thanks again for the heads up moon!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th January 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Having sampled all of the Xerjoff line, my favourite was Mefisto but unfortunately it doesn't last long enough on me to justify the price tag (probably around 2 hours max), but my partner and mother love Fiore D'Ulivo both from the CASAMORATI 1888 range, so it's saving up time for me.
    You can buy direct from Xerjoff.

How do you buy direct from Xerjoff? Thats the first I have heard of this.

Wait, so you can buy refills? Just by themselves, you don't need to own an official bottle?

Wait, so you can buy refills? Just by themselves, you don't need to own an official bottle?
    Yes. I have done that plenty of times. All you need to do is call Roja Dove in Harrods and order the scents you want and just tell them you want the refill bottles and they will ship. Now they do not ship to the USA, so you have to figure that part out. First in Fragrance also carries the Xerjoff line but they dont carry the refills for some reason. But in short, the answer is yes, you can just buy the refills.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th January 2010 at 09:49 PM.

How do you buy direct from Xerjoff? Thats the first I have heard of this.
    Just send them an e-mail, tell them what you want to buy and you can pay via PayPal. They will certainly sell to the UK, so I would imagine certain other countries as well.

Just a note: Roja Dove do not sell the CASAMORATI 1888 range, in case anyone was thinking of ringing them about those.
    Last edited by Craig; 13th January 2010 at 11:18 AM.

WoW Their layouts already intrigue me! Fecund and Originally Quaint. Have a stand out quality. Amazing!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Hey guys. I have received the notes, marketing descriptions and names of the new Xerjoff scents available now. Here they are as I have received them:

Nio (Men/Shooting Stars Collection):
    A refreshing walk through the south Italian countryside.
    Rich, delicious Neroli and Calabrian Bergamont are joined with mysterious
    spicy notes. Cardamom, nutmeg and rose pepper ties this unique blend with
    an melodious dry-woody base of Cedar and Guaiaco woods, Haiti Vetiver
    and Indian Patchouli.
    An enduring elegance and style.

Tobacco Oroville (Men/Shooting Stars Collection):
    Tobacco Oroville opens with top notes of Roman Chamomile and Clary
    Sage. Rich floral heart notes of Orange Flowers and Italian Neroli wrapped in
    Carnation and Tobacco leaves from Cuba.
    Base notes made of precious Sandal wood from Mysore, Galbanum and
    Vanilla, Amber, white Musks.

LUA (Women/Shooting Stars Collection)
    A magnificent fruity blend of Mediterranean romance.
    A bouquet distilled with ingredients of rare quality: Bergamont, Bulgarian
    roses and Florentine iris all refined with rose pepper and vanilla. A luxurious
    expression of elegance for a timeless exclusive experience.

Oesel (Unisex/Shooting Stars Collection)
    Oesel is a symphony of bright, rich notes perfectly executed with the finest
    raw materials brought together. The brightness of the Orange flowers and
    Petitgrain from Paraguay leads the way to the hearth of this sensual blend;
    Bulgarian rose and Jasmine Sambac skilfully wrapped in sophisticated Acacia
    and white flowers. This unique result lays on a fine woody amber base, a
    elegant result thanks to the finest Indian Patchouli, Cedar wood and the
    Tobacco flower which provide character, depth and tenacity.

I have already smelled and ordered Oesel and I love it. I am waiting to order NIO based on Moon's description. Citrus and Cardamom are right up my alley!!

Basenotes Institution

Wow, they just keep cranking them out, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wow, they just keep cranking them out, don't they?
    Yeah they do Mike!! have you ever tried them?? They are absolutely stunning. There is a quality of craftsmanship that I have seen in some of the scents being released in a long time.

Basenotes Institution

Yeah they do Mike!! have you ever tried them?? They are absolutely stunning. There is a quality of craftsmanship that I have seen in some of the scents being released in a long time.
    I have two samples, that honestly I haven't smelled yet. Will soon...

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Hi,
    as far as I recall - it`s Robertet perfumers from Grasse.
    Aha!

I had surmised that a few of the scents had a signature sweet note, or rather a super sweet 'shimmer' juxtaposed over a heavier scent (I get this STRONGLY in Uden for men, which dries down to the same synthetic note used in the base of Straight to Heaven, and also quite strongly in XXY) that seems to be prevalent in all of the scents by the nose Sidonie Lanceusser that I've smelled (well, just the two By Kilians).

After reading your post I googled it and sure enough, Sidonie Lanceusser works for Robertet. I'd bet any money she had a hand in some of these, namely the two aforementioned but perhaps others.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Recently received samples of most of the women's line (thanks to an extremely generous BNer!), and my original response was, "these are gorgeous and beautifully constructed fragrances, but nothing I need to add to my wishlist, given my embarrassingly large collection"... But I am stunned and delighted at how this line consistently changes/develops throughout wearings, and now I'm afraid there are two or three I need to rave about and put on the dreaded Wishlist. Wish the jus were less expensive, but oh, it's wonderful. Quick update on my faves below, more on the Xerjoff Sniffaroo thread:

Bouquet Ideale Sweet and spicy Oriental on steroids. I am in love, though it goes VERY sweet on me.

Esquel: I should've known I'd fall for this one, given the notes. Just a tad drier than the BI above and therefore more versitile, IMO. Gorgeous, goegeous, gorgeous.

Fiore d'Olivo: Still deciding on this one, but I am totally enchanted by the tea-like jasmine elements mid-way through the fragrance.

Iriss: Delightfully dry and woody iris root, also the greens. One of the more linear of the bunch, but so what? Beautifully done.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 30th May 2010 at 05:41 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Wink Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

Now you can buy online directly at Xerjoff eBoutique

http://www.xerjoff.com/eboutique/

Prices are all inclusive!