Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Default Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    Have any women liked Kobe enough to get a bottle? Sounds kind of unisex, and I like the notes. Curious about wearabilty for women.
    No worries here. I'm not a woman but imho Kobe's easily gender-neutral.

I agree with Diamondflame re: Kobe. It's a bottle I have and my girlfriend has used it a few times. Smells totally different on her, but she likes it and so do I on her.

I wasn't impressed with Tobacco Oroville.
    Totally forgettable.

Oesel is one I like a lot.
    I get the comparison to Fleur du Male, but the weird thing is that I absolutely despise it.
    The opening of FdM is unbearable.
    Oesel is on the sweet side, it reminds me more of Gaultier². A less sweet and less feminine G² with a drop of FdM.
    Kind of weird this scent reminds me of 2 fragrances made by.... Francis Kurkdjian.
    Oesel has a very dirty edge. It's terribly sexy. If you have the chance, try it. It is unisex but certainly wearable for men. Longevity and especially the sillage are great. The more I smell it and the more it develops, the more I like it. It's a masterpiece. Lovers of the Serge Lutens line will probably like this one a lot.

I thought Xerjoff Homme was amazing! A must have for myself. Peace.

Been sampling Uden recently...I'm enjoying it. I've been reading great things about Kobe...not sure if I need to get a sample or not. I see a split going on for it right now, I'm fighting the urge...
    Currently wearing: Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Am I losing it? Or is their a strange crossover between the midsection of Dhofar and Guerlain's Derby? They both feel like 80's style masculine Chypres in structure, but I'm not seeing much similarity in the pyramid - yet there is something incredibly common going on here. I keep swearing that I got spritzed with some Derby - and I'm sure I'm wearing Dhofar.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

As it opens, Modoc runs the risk of copying that linear Fat Electrician black rubber accord (Vanilla + Vetiver) that I really do not enjoy, but thankfully skirts it with a touch of that Xerjoff citrusy brightness and a beautiful Iris note. Combined, they keep this scent traveling through many shades of its amber foundation. I especially like the fact that there is note of warm, sun-kissed skin here - in case your own home-grown leather isn't enough - lending a lived-in warmth to the full symphony. A bit too transparent on paper and fabric, but on the skin this is an animalic and sensual experience. Nice longevity if sitting very close to the skin throughout... inviting even more close-encounter sensuality.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man