Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

All hail XerJoff!

I know that moon_fish is another enthusiast of this high-end Italian perfume line, but are there any others whom have had the pleasure of exploring this range? As far as impeccably-crafted and presented perfumes go, XerJoff are industry leader IMO.

Here's a bit of background on the three XerJoff XJ Collections for those that are interested in learning a bit more (by the way, Im not affiliated, just enthusiastic):

XerJoff 17 / 17

Elle: A delicious female oriental (raspberry macaroon,rose, jasmine,patchouli, leather, coumarin).
    Homme: A debonair leather, (comprising leather, rose and iris). Read my blog here on this one.
    Irisss: Iris Indulgence (iris butter, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, violet, vetiver and cedar).
    XXY: Fruity floral sprinkled with spices (bergamot, peach, ylang, jasmine, iris, black pepper, chocolately patchouli, vanilla and vetiver).

These four perfumes are presented in either individually-numbered hand-blown Murano glass bottles, or flacons fashioned from solid quartz stones.

XerJoff Shooting Stars

Shingl: An aromatic floral (aniseed, vetiver, patchouli, iris, amber and vanilla)
    Esquel: Floral fougere (lemon, lavender, myrtle, orange blossom, rose pepper)
    Dhajala: Green semi-oriental (galbanum, jasmine, rose pepper)
    Modoc: Spicy Chypre (aristocratic chypre, carnation, soft leather)
    Uden: Marine fougere (sea-spray accord, bergamot, cumarin)
    Dhofar: Oriental chypre (citrus, resins, carnation, patchouli, sandalwood)
    Kobe: A bright floral (orange, bergamot, petitgrain, neroli, oud, palisander wood)
    Ibitira: Woody powdery flowers (lemon, petitgrain, neroli, rose, iris, cedar, vetiver, vanilla, musk)

This line is inspired by a meteorite shower that fell to earth in Eastern Siberia, Russia in 1947. Each scent has been created to reflect the special nature of this event, and a fragment of meterorite has been placed in each laquered wooden box together with the perfume bottle.

Casamorati 1888 (XerJoff Vintage)

Mefisto: An Italian oriental (grapefruit, lemon, bergamot, lavender, rose, florentine iris, cedar, sandalwood, musk and amber).
    Fiore d'Ulivo: A fresh floral (citrus, lotus flower, olive blooms, jasmine, magnolia, amber and musk).

This is an Heirloom collection of scents that recreates the history of a glorious fragrance house founded in Italy between the 18th and 19th centuries.

I'm slowly working my way through some of these, and am taken by the "maximalist" approach to some in the collection, and the delicate sensitivity at play with others.
    I am personally a big fan of Homme, Irisss and Fiore d'Ulivo!
    I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences with these.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 8th April 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Default Re: Official XerJoff Appreciation Thread

This seems like a very interesting house! Its unfortunate that after checking with their official site they have no US retailers.

Do you know how much these bottles cost?

Also, thank you very much Dimitri for the excellent review!
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 30th April 2009 at 08:04 PM.

those bottles look exquisite and the reviews, mouthwatering!

Dimi - could you compare their style with any other house that most would be familiar here?

btw, is it pronounced "jerk-off?"

I'm interested in several of their fragrances. A while back I emailed them to see if they did any samples, but I have never heard anything back. I wasn't really expecting a response, because what I've heard of their prices seems to indicate that they might be in the "if you need to sample, you can't afford it" price range. I've found that quite a lot of houses are willing to send out samples directly, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I don't know what they actually cost, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    btw, is it pronounced "jerk-off?"
    Kind of what I was wondering, I thought this was a gag until I read deeper. Sounds like one of the Bob & Tom fragrances.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I believe the 'X' is pronounced like a 'Z' instead therefore Xerjoff is like 'Zirh- Joff' with an emphasis on the 'J'. They are truly magnificent creations and for the money, I would prefer this line to good old Mr Christian. Have tried some of the fragrances and the cheaper bottles come in Murano glass bottles of 50 ml EDP (I think?) with an elaborate presentation box are close to 400 pounds a bottle at Harrods. I was soooooooooo close to getting a bottle of either Modoc or Dhofar (can't remember which one now) but decided not to in the end - may not be able to hold off if I am confronted with a bottle next time - they are indeed impressive both in fragrance and presentation, truly opulent and they are not afraid to flaunt it. They do make bottles carved out of crystal and quartz - don't know how much perfume they contain (not very much, I believe) - but unless there is an enormous surplus of funds, it is pure fantasy obtaining these particular bottles - just let your imagination run wild with the price .....

XerJoff's target market at the moment is exclusive boutiques in Russia, Italy, France and the UK (Roja Dove carries this line), and definitely represents the absolute high end of the market.

I dont have exact prices, but depending on the collections, they vary greatly... here are some ballparks supplied to me by a distributor. I hope you're sitting down.

The Shooting Stars collection are priced around €400 (50ml).

As for the Murano/Quartz collections: anywhere from around 600€ for the 15ml Muranos, up to about €2000 for the 45ml, and between 7000€ and 12000€ for a 12ml bottle fashioned from quartz. These are also presented on a hand-carved ebony base, and decorated in gold and rubies.

I don't have prices on the Casamorati line yet, as they are due to be launched soon.

Jaw-dropping prices to match their stunning presentations, no?

The scents themselves though, are on an even par with the presentations... quality materials and wonderful compositions. There are no specific scents on the market that I can liken those I've tried to.

As far as samples are concerned, I think they have press samples only which are in a very generous 10ml plain bottles (see pic). As far as I know samples have not been produced for the open market.

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 1st May 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    The Shooting Stars collection are priced around €400 (50ml).
    Murano/Quartz collections: anywhere from around 600€ for the 15ml Muranos, up to about €2000 for the 45ml, and between 7000€ and 12000€ for a 12ml
    moderators...arrest this man

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    moderators...arrest this man

Hey, I'm just the messenger!

I had the pleasure of sampling some of the Shooting stars line in Roja Dove's Harrods perfumery (I think the sales assistant pronounced it Zehr-hoff) but am struggling to remember which of Shingl, Dhajala and Dhofar I admired most. Sounds like an excuse for another visit

The scents themselves though, are on an even par with the presentations... quality materials and wonderful compositions. There are no specific scents on the market that I can liken those I've tried to.

As far as samples are concerned, I think they have press samples only which are in a very generous 10ml plain bottles (see pic). As far as I know samples have not been produced for the open market.
    I was wondering about how the scents themselves fared and whether or not they live up to the extremely luxurious packaging. It's good to know they can keep up.

I was drooling over your samples the first time you posted about them, and I guess I'm not surprised if they only do press samples. Maybe one day I'll get to try them in person somewhere.

Oh dear - I can't speak about the fragrances themselves, though they sound lovely, but I think visual tastes must be really different in the east these days - this is just a matter of personal taste I guess as it is directly contrary to your own assesment, but to my eyes that is *the* worst graphic design and packaging design I have ever seen!

The bottles with the greek sculpture relief heads look like fast food soft drink containers for happy meals with the garish colours, sippy-cup hats, and badly designed crests (I like the sculpture heads though) while the Xerjoff logo itself looks like an ill-concieved teenage heavy metal band logo. Even the singular X has an unappealing shape... I love quartz and crystal bottles, but it seems almost like a joke to waste those materials on these McDonalds designs! Maybe that is part of the conspicuous consumption appeal or something? The choice of backgrounds and surfaces and photography is also in extremely poor taste in my opinion! It all reeks of cheapness and lack of aesthetic sensibility.

Amouage did a great job with their wastefully expensive bottles - those make you feel like you're shelling out big money for something well crafted and refined, something hand made with centuries of tradition behind it - these bottle just scream garish conspicuous consumption and faddishness to me.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 1st May 2009 at 02:17 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

I forgot to add some links to various XerJoff sites - here you get a better idea of the craftsmanship behind the bottles etc.

http://www.nicemotion.it/nicemotion/popup/Xerjioff/

http://www.xerjoff.com/

Hi, Dimitri

I`m glad that you made that Official thread of Xerjoff.
    I don`t know where did you get those `official` notes, as I`ve got different pyramides in my computer.
    If someone is interested, I`ll put my notes here.

As for the Murano and quartz bottles - the flacons carries about 25-35 ml. Sizes differs as they are hand-crafted. Buyer will get not only empty luxurious bottle, but also 50 ml of perfume in frosted glass refill. That`s the info I got in Moscow (Douglas-Rivoli is their Russian partner). And Xerjoff is going pretty good in Moscow - as presents to partners, to lovers and spouses, etc. New Year and Mother-Father days gives more profits, than a whole year.

2Gaivs I Caesar:
    Tastes are different - some prefer Amouage new design, some prefer Amouage old design, and some will choose just plain Amouage tester.
    I would never pay for the luxurious bottle - I prefer juice and like to wear the perfume.
    BUT - if someone would present quartz bottle to me, I could not resist. I like the style, I like the design and the idea. I do not mind golden X, I like quartz and craftsmanship. It is really hard to make those flacons, and I appreciate that work.

As for the juices.
    They are very different to praise every perfume by Xerjoff.
    I like Homme 17-17 very much - it is true leather scent, full of birchtar and it has flowers and balms to enrich it. I do not like Femme 17-17 - oriental flowers and berries are not my cup of tea. And XXY too.
    Irisss is marvellous. I got some similarities of Irisss with some iris limited edition by Christian Dior - Passage 8, if I remember correctly, from John Galliano trio (Collection Particuliere) launched 2007 year. Orris, carrot seeds absolute, etc.

From Meteorites collection I do like KOBE. But I`d never call it a bright flowery. It is very high-quality citrus cologne that goes into smoky eastern temple (my wife called it jossticks - well, patchouly, sandalwood, maybe vetiver and guaiac wood - but I never detected oud here!). And it stays very fresh all the time - and reminds me something that was with me all my life, some friend or landscape.

I do like Modoc - it`s vetiver plus orris, giving impression of paper. Maybe carnation too (but this note usually gives me feeling of soap and soar powder instead of paper).
    Dhofar is close to fir-needled Yatagan, while having some spicy oriental sillage.

Casamorati line would impress everyone who like modern combination `rose+tea` and Silver Mountain Water by Creed.

As far as I know - some perfumes were made by Jacques Flori (Robertet) who made some great Etro perfumes. LT and TS wrote some respects to his work.

And some more info from PR - Robertet used some exclusive co-distillation products (Tonkiphora and Miroswellia balsams, for instance) and some fractionated natural oils (Lavender, Ylang, Patchouly, Vetiver) for those perfumes.

Also - and nobody will approve or disprove it - the perfume concentrate itself priced from 5 to 10 times more than usual perfumes. (euro per kg). So juice IS TRULY PRECIOUS (especially compared with usual luxury brands of LVMH).
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    I don`t know where did you get those `official` notes, as I`ve got different pyramides in my computer.
    If someone is interested, I`ll put my notes here.
    Hi moon_fish, thanks for your comments - its nice to have another BNer who is familiar with this line, and can attest to their quality.

The official notes I have are from the brand new printed XerJoff brochure supplied to me by their French Distributor. They are taken from the individual printed descriptions of the scents - not from a pyramid breakdown. If you have other material listing other notes, I would be interested to see them too, so yes, please post what you have.

Your insights on the Casamorati line are sound... Mefisto has a Silver Mountain Water vibe to it, but Fiore d'Ulivo is more a soapy floral scent with tons of old-world charm.

I looked at the website and the bottles and the graphic design in general is a whole lot better than on the ads above, at least in my opinion. They bottles look alot more "real" and have a serious presence too them. Just goes to show that you can have a good looking product and make it look bad with crappy graphic designers!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

OK, Dimitri,
    Seems to me, they have different PR products - or maybe they are to change their PR materials.
    My documents are old PR.

XJ 17-17 Homme
    Top: Bergamot, lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit, caraway, tarragon, ginger.
    Heart: Lavender, rose, Lisylang (Robertet fraction of Ylang oil), orris, clove.
    Base: Atlas cedar, amber, australian sandalwood, vanilla, Vetiver Coeur (Robertet fraction of vetiver oil), birchtar, musk.

XJ 17-17 Elle
    Top - bergamot, lily of the valley, neroli, galbanum
    Heart - jasmine, rose, orris, Atlas cedar, Patchouly Coeur (Robertet fraction of patchouli oil), Lysilang (Robertet fraction of Ylang oil), leather accord, woody accord
    Base - coumarin, amber, Tonkiphora Baume (Robertet codistillation product of opopanax and benjoin), musk

XJ 17-17 XXY
    Top - Bergamot, grapefruit, peach
    Heart - Ylang-ylang, jasmine, orris, black pepper
    Base - Patchouli, vetiver, Mysore sandalwood, labdanum, vanilla, musk

XJ Irisss
    Top - Carrot seeds absolute, bergamot, carnation
    Heart - orris, rose, jasmine, ylang, violet leaves
    Base - vetiver, Virginian cedar, benjoin, musk, frankincense.

(Sorry for the list not full - I`m slow interpreter & typer. I`m going to find out flash-card with the PR and copy-paste it tomorrow)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Wow - those seem to be much more elaborate than these that I have here, and I dare say probably accurate breakdowns too. I wonder what combination of accords in the pyramid you've listed creates the distinct leather note in 17/17 Homme?

If you'd like, I can scan the new brochure and make a pdf of it, just so you can see its lovely presentation and descriptions. Just shout and I will do it and email it across to you.

Thanks for taking the time to list them above!

Dimitri,
    Seems to me, the one and only true leather note listed in XJ 17-17 Homme is Birch Tar (somewhere from Scandinavia). They listed it in basenotes, but it sings all the time through the perfume development.
    It is supported by Ylang and Florentian Orris in manner of Cuir de Russie (Chanel).
    But I feel like XJ Homme is Knize Ten, a fleur de peau Keikomecheri or Etro Gomma orchestrated without any restrictions in budget. So it`s simphony instead of pop-song (sorry, K10 lovers, it is just my opinion!).

I have no need in pdf-brochure, I prefer smells, letters and numbers to pictures; but maybe it could be useful for other BNoters here?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

That's a very good point, perhaps I will scan it and provide downloads from my blog.
    Cheers again!

Some of this line now being stocked by First In Fragrance and looks like they have samples available although, as expected, rather expensive.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?cPath=23_841

SHOOTING STARS

MALE FRAGRANCES
    DHOFAR
    Head note: fresh / aromatic
    Bergamot, grapefruit, Lemon, Litsea Cubeba, Sage, basil, coriander

Heart note: floreal / spicy
    Lavender, pine needles, laurel leaves, galbanum, jatamansi, rose absolute, orange flowers

Base note: woody / amber
    Carnation, Myroswelia balsam, Australia sandalwood, patchouly heart, vanilla, amber, ciste labdano

MODOC
    Lemon, orange, artemisia

Heart note: floreal
    Iris, orange flowers

Base note: woody / musky
    Vetyver, vanilla absolute, Amber, Musks

UDEN
    Head note: citrus
    Lemon, grapefruit

Heart note: fruit / floreal
    Rhum absolute, Rose, sandalwood, Guaiac wood

Base note: amber
    Vanilla absolute, coffee absolute, musks

SPECIAL EDITION
    KOBE
    Bergamot, Florida's orange, spanish ciste labdano

Neroli, Paraguay's Petitgrain, Orange flowers

Base note: woody/ vanilla
    Oud wood, palisanderwood (Lacanda brasillana), Siamese Benzoin, Tonka, Amber,
    Styrax Absolute, Musks

FEMALE FRAGRANCES

DHAJALA
    Head note: fresh / floreal
    Bergamot, Orange, Galbanum, orange flowers

Rose, Jasmine, Rose Pepper

Amber, Tonkiphora balsam, Myroswelia balsam, Vanilla, Musks

SHINGL
    Bergamot, basil, anise, Davana

Heart note: Iris / woody
    Rhum absolute, Iris, Patchouly, Vetyver

Vanilla, Amber, Musks

ESQUEL
    Lemon, Lavender, Bergamot, Mirtle

Orange flowers, Petitgrain citronnier, Rose absolute, Jatamansi, Lysilang, Iris, Rose pepper, Ceylon Cinnamon

Base note: woody
    Patchouly heart, Vetyver heart, Tonka, Vanilla, Opoponax, Musks

SPECIAL EDITION
    IBITIRA

Head note: fresh
    Italian Lemon, Green Violette, Orange flowers

Damascene Rose, White Flowers, Florence Iris, Neroli

Base note: woody/ musk
    Cedarwood, Haiti Vetiver, Vanilla Bourbon, Musks
    Vetiver The Great!!!

But I feel like XJ Homme is Knize Ten, a fleur de peau Keikomecheri or Etro Gomma orchestrated without any restrictions in budget. So it`s simphony instead of pop-song (sorry, K10 lovers, it is just my opinion!)
    I second your comparison with Knize Ten, moon_fish. XJ Homme ist beautyfully balanced, with a subtle, nevertheless powerfull leather presence. Like a new, modern interpretation of Knize Ten?

So the question will be: to appreciate the simphony with a adequate BOSE hi-fi equipment or to listen to the pop song with a MP3 Player. Or sometimes this, sometimes that...

I've been wanting to make a post ever since this thread was posted. Finally came around to it LoL!
    I bought two Xerjoff's from Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie last summer. The presentation boxes with the perfume were 400 pounds and had an actual piece of meteorite. Their refills (50ml EDP) were 95 pounds. I got the refills The first one I bought was Uden. First of all it's very masculine, bought it immediately grabbed my attention. It has bitter topnotes, probably from the grapefruit, and a lemony-vanilla drydown. Come to think of it now, it has an incredible likeness to Habit Rouge Sport. But I found myself not liking it after a couple of months and I find it now very generic. So I gave it to my dad (his favorite frag is Allure Homme Sport) so he like it without a doubt
    The other perfume I bought was Dhajala. I'm sniffing it now, and it shares a strong resemblance to Uden, but with a feminine twist. The bitter topnotes are still there but it changes somewhere during the midnotes to a fresh oriental. I don't like it as much as though.
    These two Xerjoff's are decent, but they're nothing special. In fact, they bordering on generic. Unfortunately, that ended my interest in the brand

EDIT: Uden is a near dead-ringer for Sculpture (one of my most hated frags!)
    Last edited by scent; 26th May 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Meanwhile, in London, Clive Christian is revisiting his tag line of "The World's Most Expensive Perfume."

Though I'm sure if he put his juices in gold and diamond-encrusted cases, he can regain the title!

2scent
    About Dhajala. I found it as strong feminine perfume, exactly like you described: fresh oriental.
    I`d say - vibrating fresh but nevertheless sweet ambery oriental - while it does not smells like classic, it surely cannot be just a humble wallflower trying to disappear from the sight.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

So how is the packaging in regards to these scents... specifically the meteorite collection. Also, refills were mentioned above. Are these bottles refillable and are the refills in face 95 pounds. I am going to paris and than london next week and will finally get a chance to go to Harrods and the roja dove boutique and try these. I cant wait.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th May 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Cairomerta, in Roja Dove, try and talk with Clement - he is the European Xerjoff rep, and truly knows his stuff.

is the strength of the scents EDT, EDP or Parfum?
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Mlt, they are all EDP.

Ausliebezumduft are now stocking some of this line (with the exception of the Casamorati scents), and samples are also available. (Perhaps you might wanna sit down first before clicking on the link).

I 've been meaning to ask for a long time..... Can any fragrance be worth that kind of money or is it just a russin nouveau riche thing?
    Last edited by cpk; 15th June 2009 at 10:28 AM.

most of them exceed what I've earned in the past four years as a student!

They're all WAY too much.

I've sampled the Casamorati range and to be honest, their longevity wasn't that great. I only got a couple of hours max out of "Mefisto" and "Fiori d'Ulivo"

Mlt, they are all EDP.

Ausliebezumduft are now stocking some of this line (with the exception of the Casamorati scents), and samples are also available. (Perhaps you might wanna sit down first before clicking on the link).

A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I 've been meaning to ask for a long time..... Can any fragrance be worth that kind of money or is it just a russin nouveau riche thing?
    Well, I personally dont feel ANY fragrance is worth that kind of money, but when a brand combines perfume with exquisite craftsmanship of flacons (blown murano glass, or carved from rock crystal, lapiz lazuli etc), then the sky is really the limit.
    But for the record, the scents are lovely. Its the bottles and the prestige that you're paying for.

Why would a perfumeur sell his perfume with pretty bottles and inflate the price so much that even perfume lovers are frightend off? Do you even care about being a perfumeur and people loving your art, or not.

It´s like publish or perish and in case the publishing bit is scared you make sure you publish but still immunize yourself to critique by inflating the price so much a lot of people won´t be able to get their hands on it.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

True... I imagine that this scent is marketed more towards a whole other echelon of fragophiles.
    Those who fly around in private jets.

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    most of them exceed what I've earned in the past four years as a student!

They're all WAY too much.

I've sampled the Casamorati range and to be honest, their longevity wasn't that great. I only got a couple of hours max out of "Mefisto" and "Fiori d'Ulivo"
    I believe that`s skin chemistry issue.
    My EDP decants of Mefisto and Fiori d`Ulivo gives me about usual longevity - 6-8 hours.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Why would a perfumeur sell his perfume with pretty bottles and inflate the price so much that even perfume lovers are frightend off? Do you even care about being a perfumeur and people loving your art, or not.

It´s like publish or perish and in case the publishing bit is scared you make sure you publish but still immunize yourself to critique by inflating the price so much a lot of people won´t be able to get their hands on it.
    Price and marketing are different with every brand.
    For niche and selective brands the price is usually higher, as they are not advertised and they have not massive buyers.

Critique immunity made by prohibitively high price? Tell about it to Cadillac and Cartier )))))))
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I got a chance to try these at harrods last week. Really nice scents and really nice bottles and presentations. I ended up buying the full presentation of Kobe which was around £370. Pricey...yes. But it smelled really nice and will make a nice rare addition to my collection. Very good quality scents I must say. Pleased with my purchases.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th July 2009 at 05:05 AM.

OK, Dimitri,

XJ 17-17 XXY
    Top - Bergamot, grapefruit, peach
    Heart - Ylang-ylang, jasmine, orris, black pepper
    Base - Patchouli, vetiver, Mysore sandalwood, labdanum, vanilla, musk
    Is the name a joke? XXY is representative of the genetic disease Klinefelter's Syndrome. I think that was a poor choice. What else should it mean?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

nevermind.
    Last edited by zr0e; 16th June 2009 at 06:04 PM.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Is the name a joke? XXY is representative of the genetic disease Klinefelter's Syndrome. I think that was a poor choice. What else should it mean?
    well, it is not a joke
    Nobody could predict all the negative connotations - Ibitira does not sound good in Russian, for example.
    Anyway, here XXY (as in Boss frags) means that the scent is devoted to androgyne, either man and woman, referring to a ancient Greek legend of beautiful Hermafrodit.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I finally got to visit Harrods for the first time and purchased 3 scents. Uden and Modoc from the shooting stars collection. I bought the Kobe full presentation bottle via the internet on First in fragrance. That was $570. Well worth it. These really are amazing scents. I also got to try and received samples of Iriss, home and XXY from the really expensive line and those are absolutely amazing. They are expensive samples to be sure but at least you get 2.5ml of them. This is a really fascinating line and am really happy to be able to have 3 of them. The full presentation bottles of the shooting stars scents are amazing. Beautiful boxes, and equally beautiful caps made of heavy solid brass.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th July 2009 at 05:07 AM.

Cairomerta, did you seek out Clement in Harrods as advised?

I did but he wasn't there. Only marcel was there who was really a great guy. They really take their time with you over there. Never in a hurry.

This line really is great. Irisss is an iris lovers dream. I think it may be one of the best I have ever smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Irisss is an iris lovers dream. I think it may be one of the best I have ever smelled.
    You've got no arguments there!

Irisss is an iris lovers dream. I think it may be one of the best I have ever smelled.
    Iris is probably my favorite note EVER How would you describe it...

metallic, cold and powdery like Iris Silver Mist
    citrusy, dry and powdery like Iris Bleu Gris
    powdery as HELL like Teint de Neige
    aldehydic, powdery fruity like Iris Poude
    or gourmandy like Iris Ganache
    ???

I think you covered it really well Scent!!!! This Xerjoff Irisss has so many things going on with it. Its crazy. Just like you wrote , its the best of all the above put into one scent. With a price tag of all those combined too!! It starts off sharp and metallic and than blends into the softest milkiest scent ever. Absolutely stunning!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 18th June 2009 at 09:42 PM.

My take is that it also starts out a bit metallic, but then diffuses into something wonderfully buttery and gourmand-like. The "powder" aspect is kept in check though. Very sophisticated, and totally addictive.

Anyone know when the Xerjoff Casamorati line will be released. Also, can any one of our wonderful basenoters who have tried it, please expand just a tiny bit more on your impressions of these two Casamorati scents and how they smell, especially them mens. Thanks!

I have just PM'd you.
    I may do a blog on Fiore d'Ulivo later this week if i find the time.

Thank you very much Dimitri!. I really hope you do a blog entry on this cause this is such a rare line that I think everyone really needs to explore. Their scents are amazing and i hope you can enlighten us all more on their line! Thanks!!

Can anyone of you Xerjoff-lovin guys tell me how large are the samples at first-in-fragrance are, and can we order the juice without the presentation (specifically Irisss)?

Hi Scent.

The samples at first in fragrance for all Xerjoff scents are 2.5 ml spray samples. And they arrive in 10 days.

In regards to the prices, the scents that can be purchased without the presentations are the meteorite collection. They are known as the refills. These can be purchased from Harrods Roja Dove boutique. I am not sure if FIF sells just the scent refills. They come in a normal small box like any other scent and have no cap and they are £95 . The full presentation comes in an amazing wooden box with the cap as seen above and a really nice leather band that wraps vertically on the bottle itself. When you buy the refill, you just take off the cap and the leather band and put it on the new refill bottle. I bought the refills of Modoc and Uden and the full presentation of the Kobe scent and it came with a red alligator leather band on it.

Regarding the expensive 17/17 scents like Irisss and Homme and XXY, these do come in just the refill bottles which are very expensive. Roja dove told me that they are £600 for 35ml. But if you buy the the Irisss and XXY in the large murano bottles, each one is hand blown and also with the bottle you get 3 x 50ml refills. Priced at £1200.

Roja dove takes orders over the phone and they ship very fast!

I hope this helps!!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th July 2009 at 05:08 AM.

Hi Scent.

The samples at first in fragrance for all Xerjoff scents are 2.5 ml spray samples. And they arrive in 10 days.

In regards to the prices, the scents that can be purchased without the presentations are the meteorite collection. They are known as the refills. These can be purchased from Harrods Roja Dove boutique. I am not sure if FIF sells just the scent refills. They come in a normal small box like any other scent and have no cap and they are £95 . The full presentation comes in an amazing wooden box with the cap as seen above and a really nice leather band that wraps vertically on the bottle itself. When you buy the refill, you just take off the cap and the leather band and put it on the new refill bottle. I bought the refills of Modoc and Uden and the full presentation of the Kobe scent and it came with a red alligator leather band on it.

Regarding the expensive 17/17 scents like Irisss and Homme and XXY, these do come in just the refill bottles which are very expensive. Roja dove told me that they are £600 for 35ml. But if you buy the the Irisss and XXY in the large murano bottles, each one is hand blown and also with the bottle you get 3 x 50ml refills. Priced at £1200.

Roja dove takes orders over the phone and they ship very fast!

I hope his helps!!
    Thanks cairomerta!!! I already knew about the meteorite collection. I was in Roja Dove in December myself and purchased two of the refills. I am so envious of your full presentation of Kobe! I hope you enjoy it in good health
    I think I'll go with an Irisss sample first and if I do enjoy it, I'll just order more. That 1200 pound bottle sure sounds tempting though (180 of Parfum )
    Time will tell...time will tell

Actually it is only 150ml total as the bottle comes empty. You get the 3 x 50ml of perfume on the side. Still a good amount of pure perfume for sure though!!!

Actually it is only 150ml total as the bottle comes empty. You get the 3 x 50ml of perfume on the side. Still a good amount of pure perfume for sure though!!!
    Oh...well then I'm not going to buy it!!! LOOOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Iris is probably my favorite note EVER How would you describe it...

metallic, cold and powdery like Iris Silver Mist
    citrusy, dry and powdery like Iris Bleu Gris
    powdery as HELL like Teint de Neige
    aldehydic, powdery fruity like Iris Poude
    or gourmandy like Iris Ganache
    ???
    I`d say that Irisss is close to Iris Silver Mist and Hiris - it`s cold, carrot seed, camphor smell - but the closest relative could be Passage #6 Iris from Christian Dior Collection Particuliere (sp?)
    I`m sure if you like orris note - you`ll love it!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Anyone know when the Xerjoff Casamorati line will be released. Also, can any one of our wonderful basenoters who have tried it, please expand just a tiny bit more on your impressions of these two Casamorati scents and how they smell, especially them mens. Thanks!
    As far as I know, Casamorati line was launched in London - but now is taken back as bottles made from faience appears to be leaking through tiny cracks.
    Now XJ is going to relaunch it with glass bottles - in September, I believe.

(Contact me if you want to test it so much that will swap for it)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I`d say that Irisss is close to Iris Silver Mist and Hiris - it`s cold, carrot seed, camphor smell - but the closest relative could be Passage #6 Iris from Christian Dior Collection Particuliere (sp?)
    I`m sure if you like orris note - you`ll love it!
    Hi Moonfish. When did they release Passage #6?!?!?! I tested 4, 8 and 9 in April in Paris, but didn't hear about the Iris. UGH! So much too keep up with these days !!!
    Oh, and how does it smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Hi Moonfish. When did they release Passage #6?!?!?! I tested 4, 8 and 9 in April in Paris, but didn't hear about the Iris. UGH! So much too keep up with these days !!!
    Oh, and how does it smell like?
    Sorry, scent, for the wrong number.
    Sure I meant #8 from the line - the orris, violet and heliotrope one.
    Shame on me.

I`m glad you tested it - so you could make a decision.
    Vetiver The Great!!!