Code of Conduct

Default Baldessarini thoughts?

I read about it (Luca Turin), sampled it, and seem to like it. The description that Turin gives is mildly amusing - but wanted to know if anyone out there has it or likes it or what?

Thanks.

Banned

Default Re: Baldessarini thoughts?

It's pretty good - a light tobacco cologne, but it's very light and doesn't last long. I'd love to try the concentrate version, but I've never seen it anywhere.

i have both the Edc and the Concentrate. i got the concentrate first (wore it for my engagement & wedding).

the Edc is is by no means light. it's a very dress type scent. i cant imagine pulling it off on a jeans+t-shirt...strictly formal wear or evening out with a date types. in other words very gentleman like scent. it's said to have the smell of "living patchouli flower" i have never sniffed "LPF" but maybe thts the distinct note in it along with light touch of tobacco.

Sur la Plage

I have the Concentree version which I really like and get good longevity from.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've owned both at different times, and they never really did too much for me... I'm a sucker for tobacco notes and the two were a bit too astringent for my taste. I can see how people would wear them at a wedding because they have a tendency to be a bit too "formal" for everyday wear. They are both marvelous fragrances but like I said my skin doesn't care for them at all
    At your service

The mint, pine, and tobacco create an anise-like quality, but without that piercing sharpness that causes me to avoid any frag with large amounts of anise/licorice. I've been experimenting with it, and I have to go back and sample it by itself one of these days to see what the longevity is like, but for what it's selling for, I'd say it's a must have for an aficionado. I have more than one bottle, since the price is so low I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 29th April 2009 at 08:33 PM.

What Baldessarini is this talk about? Strictly Private? if so, I can talk about it, haha
    unico grande amore.

Thanks all for your input. Such great description and use of language - I need to work on that. Anyway, I think a bottle is in my future.

I do like this first offering by the Baldessarini. It is really nice to have a modern mature fragrance. Its seems sort of old school and yet modern. Hard to describe, but I do enjoy my large sample vial. I am happy that the mint is not too much in it, but enough to give an aftershave like cooling vibe ( to me). I also get some orange peels in the top. As well, I do love tobacco notes and that is noticeable in the dry down. This fragrance makes the wearer feel as though they are meant to be taken seriously.

And I still have not purchased a full bottle. A fragrance shop in my town has this for $80 in the concentree version, but I am doubtful I will wear it very often. Maybe once or twice a month ? I am a very casual dresser and rarely dress up....always in jeans.

I like it a lot. It somewhat smells like fresh clean dollar bills. Not kidding. Longevity is average at best but the smell is amazing.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Not that I'm suggesting it but I suspect if polled Baldy would be the hands down favorite from Boss. I like a few of theirs but think of them all as casual fragrances. Very casual fragrances. Now that's not to say I find Baldessarini stuffy or formal and like it for jeans and t-shirts but...it's at home with a three piece and collar stays as well. Can't say that about any of the other Boss bottles I like.

Turin calls it woody fruity. He left off a third word in his description: banal.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 30th April 2009 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Turin calls it woody fruity. He left off a third word in his description: banal.
    nay, Turin left out two words- non banal.

Baldessarini has a special place in my heart and really opens up my eyes as to what Hugo Boss can accomplish for perfume if they really set their sight high.
    Last edited by xmen; 30th April 2009 at 07:03 AM.

What I find unique about it is that the three main notes have a tendency to dominate, yet here they don't. You can detect them all individually, but then at times they seem to blend together. I call this "three dimensional dynamism."
    Last edited by Bigsly; 30th April 2009 at 07:46 PM.