Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default May 2009 ~ Purchases!

Vintage Caron La Nuit de Noel
    Lutens (mini) Nuit de Cellophane
    Lutens (mini) Feminite du Bois

...and it's only the 1st!

Default Re: May 2009 ~ Purchases!

a part bottle ( and what a bottle! ) of Gucci Eau de Parfum.

Wow. You both did well! My daughter just returned from England with bottles of:
    BNever2Busy2BBeautiful: Love, Love cream, and SuperUnknownBeing.

Default Today I bought..( May 2009 purchases)

Hello gang

Well I couldn't help myself, scared by stories of reformulations and a creditcard I bought

A La Nuit - I fear this one might be reformulated in 2010 so I plan to stockpile this as it is my all favourite jasmine scent. I am halfway through my own bottle and even before the idea of a possible reformulation I stopped using it because it was going so fast. Now I hope I can use it again with happy abandon.

Sira des Indes - the website says this is being discontinued and they have a few left so I got it for 25 pounds, 50 ml. I actually did sample it, by chance it was given as an extra by a mua'er and my bf loved it and I thought it was charming too. Seeing it for 25 pounds seals the deal for me.

1000 Patou - I heard this one is being discontinued or reforumulated soon a while ago. I tried it at roja dove's haute perfumery and was taken in by it and it was my second choice but I didnt want to spluge to much ( i still had 3 more perfume shops to go too then) and now I was diddering between joy and this one. The fact that joy was out of stock and this one was not and again rumours of horror made me go for this.

I think the reform/discontinue threat is definitly affecting me. Also the website where I bought it from is temptation incarnate with their sales and freebies. I'll let you know if it was a pleasant experience dealing with them or not when the order arrives, but their communication so far was great.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: Today I bought..( May 2009 purchases)

A vintage bottle of Nina, by Nina Ricci

A vintage bottle of Parfum Sacre

So little time so many to back up.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

I have already secured a bottle of 1000 parfum from Neiman's. And I don't have a bottle of A La Nuit, but I'm thinking I should have one, so that's looming in the future.

Today, my bottle of Mazzolari Vetiver arrived from LuckyScent. I hesitated bcs it seemed a bit masculine on the dri-down, but I'm wearing it now and it is a lush chypre-esque clone of AdP Profumo, only even more to the point, I guess you could say. Less light, a bit greener. I'm glad I did it, finally!
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st May 2009 at 11:11 PM.

1 May...received my eBay bottle of Habit Rouge EDP...mmmmmmmmm

Finally my Roja Dove - Enslaved arrived. I smell georgeous today
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

I repurchased La Haie Fleurie Du Hameau. It is my favorite jasmine.

Emma

Armani Prive' Cuir Amethyst & Ambre Soie (both deals at TJMaxx, I couldn't resist!)

Chanel 19 refill. Bought it online, so it's mine, but not yet in my hot little hand. Oh the flutter of anticipation!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: May 2009 ~ Purchases!

L'heure Bleue, Encre Noire, and Parfum Sacre.

Creative Universe / Beth Terry - Element of Attraction

This was a funny one... when I tried it in the sample the first time, I was taken with it but not in love. However I kept finding myself coming back to it - I want to wear it even though I don't adore it!

I objectively prefer the difficult scents from Comme or L'Artisan, yet this is the one I buy because it is so wearable. Interesting.

Snagged a vintage bottle of Capricci parfum at a discount cosmetics outlet for the princely sum of $4.99. It was still sealed in the signature Nina Ricci pretty wrapping paper (I'm assuming from the '60s or '70s) which was a bit of a shame to have to tear to open (I wish perfumes still came wrapped like that, it really enhances the whole gift to yourself feeling). The contents have evaporated slightly over the years though but the juice itself is still wonderful, I'm getting beautiful rose and slightly indolic jasmine. At that price I'm thinking I have to go back, find the fullest sounding bottles and get some backups.

A beautiful decant of OJ's Frangipani, and a partial bottle of l'artisan's Bois Farine.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

As an early Mother's Day gift, my husband kindly bought me the new EdP at Victoria's Secret that I tested yesterday-- Lace Orange Flower.

In addition to being a very pleasant stand-alone fragrance, I think this one has nice layering potential.
    I also tested the body mist today (the SA opened one for the purpose) and I found it to last about 2 hours on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Chanel 19 refill. Bought it online, so it's mine, but not yet in my hot little hand. Oh the flutter of anticipation!
    Good for you!!!

I am a little distressed that I could not find Chanel 19 at my neighborhood Macy's and it is not available at the Chanel website. I have a mini and I am starting to get worried about not finding it anymore
    Evenstar

A lot of the places that list it online are out of stock. Fragrancenet.com is a good bet.

arwen_elf, within the last couple of weeks, somebody in the south bay told me they still have it--it was either Nordstroms at the Galleria mall in Redondo Beach or Macy's in Manhattan Village. It was the Chanel counter, not the main fragrance area which also has Chanel.

I dithered about Tuberosa by Profumum for several months but finally ordered it this morning, can't wait for it to arrive now.

Also ordered a backup of Madison Soiree, which is not easily available in the UK.

Received a pre-loved bottle of Angelique Noire.

Fragonard wants a fax of my ID before they'll process my purchase, which makes me feel contrary!

Basenotes Plus

CDG Series 6: Synthetic - Soda
    Juicy Couture EDP
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Yesterday, a bottle of Cher`s Uninhibited from Ebay.

I just received six little minis, all things that I've wanted to try. They are so CUTE that I can see why people collect them! They are Eau de Lalique, Y by YSL, Etro Shaal Nur, Soir de Lune by Sisley, Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher, and Belle en Rykiel.

Will I love them, I wonder???

My daughter says she is sending me "a surprise" in the mail to "add to my hobby". Should be interesting.
    Not really a purchase, but a gift.

We shall see

Was also down in London on Friday on a sniffing mission with a member from NST, but sadly did not bump into Nukapai and Odysseum, as we divided our day between Les Senteurs, Chanel, Hermes and Harvey Nichols. I was in Liberty's yesterday though!

My friend bought travel packs of FM Lipstick Rose at Les Senteurs and I succumbed to a bottle of Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite. Got 6 free samples each, as you do!

Came home last night to a bottle of Voile d'Ambre from Ebay - at £12.50 for 50ml, it is another bargain that helps bring my average purchase price for FBs back to £15, where it was in the first quarter of this year!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 5th May 2009 at 08:36 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Received a mini of Ange ou Demon today, which I'd bought blind on Trademe (New Zealand version of Ebay). Its different to the types of perfumes I usually go for and I'm still deciding whether I love it or not. The longer its on my skin, the more I'm liking it though...

Also made my first purchases from the Perfumed Court and avidly looking forward to their arrival:
    Lolita Lempicka
    Narcisso Rodrigues for Her EDP
    Cristalle EDT
    Fidji EDT

Vintage Rochas Femme extrait de Parfum 25 ml (half the bottle) almost gratis. Real bargain....(approx. 7 USD incl. S/H).

Major purchasing lately with some extra stash money:
    I ordered from the Chanel website: No22 and Cuir de Russie. With no Chanel boutiques anywhere close to home, I am hoping like blazes that Chanel releases more Exclusifs to the website eventually. I would be one happy camper to see Bois de Iles and 31 RC listed one day.
    Also purchased and fell in love with Idole, and BU's of Y, Y parfum, Mitsouko. Thinking about getting Acqua di Parma Profumo, 1000 parfum. Geez.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Zibeline! How exciting...a suprise smellie...you'll have to let us know when it arrives!

The Perfumed Court is a dangerous place to browse...ended up with the following:

No.18 - Chanel
    La Myrrhe - Lutens
    Frangipani Absolute - Ormonde Jayne
    Ambre Precieux - MPG

I throw my hands up and say "What the hell?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    I ordered from the Chanel website: No22 and Cuir de Russie. With no Chanel boutiques anywhere close to home, I am hoping like blazes that Chanel releases more Exclusifs to the website eventually. I would be one happy camper to see Bois de Iles and 31 RC listed one day.
    Also purchased and fell in love with Idole, and BU's of Y, Y parfum, Mitsouko. Thinking about getting Acqua di Parma Profumo, 1000 parfum. Geez.
    And Chanel raised the prices AGAIN on the Exclusifs. They were $190 only a few months ago. At least they are making some of them available on line--that's a start! Congratulations

arwen_elf--No.19 EDT and lotion are on the main Chanel site too.
    Last edited by Asha; 6th May 2009 at 05:17 AM.

Cheered myself up on the way back from the doctor's by buying a 30ml bottle of Noa (my first blind buy in ages). It was really cheap, so what the hell. A little too... aldehydic (maybe?) in the beginning, but it quickly turns into a very pretty, very wearable warm, herbal-powdery musk. If this was produced by a niche house, it'd be lauded as a cult scent.

Lessa

"Location: In the Barren Perfume Desert known as Wichita KS"

Barren in perfume terms perhaps, but the great Pat Metheny celebrated your town!

http://patmetheny.shop.musictoday.co...6396&pc=4YDD21
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 6th May 2009 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    Lessa, Welcome to BN- I know Wichita well & sympathize. I feel your pain! It's pretty barren here in Nebraska, too. My F&M in law lived there (Wichita) So I spent YEARS looking for places to shop there.

If you ever want to order Bois des Iles or RC #31 (Great choices BTW!) Try Saks in NY They don't have any extra shipping charges like Chanel. They have been nice to deal with so far: SAKS: 212-940-2072

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Lessa

"Location: In the Barren Perfume Desert known as Wichita KS"

Barren in perfume terms perhaps, but the great Pat Metheny celebrated your town!

http://patmetheny.shop.musictoday.co...6396&pc=4YDD21
    Wow, I thought "The Wichita Lineman" was the only musical ref to Wichita!
    Actually this area is great to live in. Very stable economy and job market. It WOULD be nice to have good perfumes available here, especially a Chanel , Hermes or Guerlain boutique. Closest is Chicago or Dallas. We have Dillards here, but all you find are too many mainstream selections, ANY which could be found on the net. It's not even worth going for sampling! I will not even mention how ignorant the SA's can be!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Kumquat
    Thanks for the info!! I will probably do that as soon as my wallet recovers from my latest spending spree! But wouldn't it be nice to just walk in and browse a boutique once in awhile? "sighs". I must admit I envy those lucky ones who live in a major metro area!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

A bottle of newly discovered treasure - Tocade Rochas. Where have you been all my life?

Bought Jil Sander No.4 online. Vaguely remember testing this at an airport duty free years ago and I think I liked it............ will soon find out when it arrives in the mail!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

We're supposed to be pinching pennies, but ... Three samples from BeautyHabit for $15:

Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays
    Freesia, leafy greens, grass; honeysuckle, rose, mimosa; chypre accented and musk base.

Ineke After My Own Heart
    Bergamot, raspberry, crisp green foliage; lilac; sandalwood, heliotrope, musk.

NEW Tsi-La Misaki
    Lavender, warm tea, bergamot, mint, green tree moss, vanilla orchid; neroli, flower extracts.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

I'm trying to be good! Nonetheless-- Armani Privé Eau de Jade from Marshalls. I hadn't seen any APs in a while at the usual places, and none ever at this particular store, now today I find one and it's a scent I hadn't seen anywhere up until now (I'd previously found CA, BdJ, and AS at other stores). So I pulled out my iPhone and read the reviews at PST, NST, and (of course) BN. Then I walked over to the cashier line. EdJ is indeed citrusy. I've only just put it on, so I'm hoping the neroli will come more forward soon. It's nice and summery at the very least, and you can't beat the price ($30 plus tax) with a stick.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

an_oud_girl, there's an AP Jade that's been lingering on the shelves of my local Marshalls...I've been stalking it...if it's there this week I'll probably cave!

Bought a barely used bottle of Annick Goutal's Vanille Exquise from another basenoter at the marketplace!

This month is already killing me.

I bought Fendi edt and Tabu dusting powder on bargain bin special at my drugstore today, $8 and $2.45 respectively. I'm enjoying testing the Fendi this afternoon - what a composition! But I don't know that I would wear it much. It's not very "me" and it's the kind of scent my husband detests (I can hear the comments already!). The dusting powder I will enjoy this summer. It reminds me of days long gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Came home last night to a bottle of Voile d'Ambre from Ebay - at £12.50 for 50ml, it is another bargain that helps bring my average purchase price for FBs back to £15, where it was in the first quarter of this year!
    Aw, you could have had mine. I'm still trying to offload it, and would gladly give it up to a fellow Basenoter!

The Wichita discussion is so amusing to me: I flew into Wichita airport last year for obscure reasons, and it didn't exaclty strike me as a perfume hot spot either. My problems with understanding the impenetrable accent must have made me look like a complete fool at times, though.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Ava Luxe Neroli Blossom and Angel Face. Neroli Blossom was VERY Neroli, but great for layering. Got samples of Vamp, White Musk og NO. 23
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Aw, you could have had mine. I'm still trying to offload it, and would gladly give it up to a fellow Basenoter!

The Wichita discussion is so amusing to me: I flew into Wichita airport last year for obscure reasons, and it didn't exaclty strike me as a perfume hot spot either. My problems with understanding the impenetrable accent must have made me look like a complete fool at times, though.
    Ah Yes, that's due to a nasal 'twang' and a short attention span. But most people are friendly, if oblivious.

Basenotes Institution

Chergui
    DSH French Vanilla essense oil
    Half oz of French Vanilla off an e-tailer because it sounded great.
    My DH bought me Tresor - the gift set at Gottchalk's here in California- Gottschalks is closing down and the deals at the beauty/ perfume section are great.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th May 2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: spelling ,grammar - the usual !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks for the thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    arwen_elf, within the last couple of weeks, somebody in the south bay told me they still have it--it was either Nordstroms at the Galleria mall in Redondo Beach or Macy's in Manhattan Village. It was the Chanel counter, not the main fragrance area which also has Chanel.
    I will check Nordstrom. It is not available at Macy's in Manhattan Village. I was there over the weekend buying face cream at the Chanel counter. I guess I can also go to the Chanel bouitique in BH. What really worried me is that it is not being sold at the Chanel website.

I received my new bottle of Kapsule Light!
    Evenstar

I have totally caved and it is only MAy 8:
    Ambre préciiuex FB (I could no longer stand the longing)
    Mimosaique (nearly FB from wonderful BNer)
    Farnesiana (got a great deal and split it)

And , you know, i just don't count samples . I pretend they fall from the sky.

Oh OH, but free suff did fall from the sky (USPS airmail):

- a sample HEFTY sample of Nouveau Paris unspoken Murmer I won in a drawing from TPC
    - a bottle of OScar Fresh Vanilla won from a sponsor on another site
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 8th May 2009 at 11:53 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I will check Nordstrom. It is not available at Macy's in Manhattan Village. I was there over the weekend buying face cream at the Chanel counter. I guess I can also go to the Chanel bouitique in BH. What really worried me is that it is not being sold at the Chanel website.

I received my new bottle of Kapsule Light!
    What I have noticed is, if you are on a store website such as Macy's or Nordstroms, and you click through to their Chanel offerings, the Chanel site loads up. However, different stores have different selections. For example, the Sephora Chanel selection is more limited than the Nordstrom's selection. The only way to see everything is to go directly to the main Chanel site. I did this and saw some of the Exclusifs are there now, and they do have No.19 EDT and lotion.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007, purchased at the end of March, finally arrived today. Yay!

I was a bad girl yesterday....
    Kenzo Summer full bottle
    Balenciaga Rumba full bottle
    Pozo Halloween mini
    Parfum de Cafe Cafe mini
    Grey Flannel mini
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I got two BIG boxes of perfume from Parfum1 today. My Dad had me order some Chantilly edt for my Mom at 25% off so... 20 3.5oz. bottles (the only scent she wears) This is the biggest order I have ever placed. I also had to get a little sompin', 1 bottle of Chantilly, Balmain Ambre Gris, Caron Nuit de Noel and Bulgari femme. O yes, and the other day my Dads other order from FragranceX came, 20 bottles of Chantilly shower gel. So my Mom is getting 40 bottles of smell for Mothers Day! That should hold her for a minute or two.
    Last edited by ChantillyLace; 9th May 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Bought Guerlain's Vetiver yesterday after finishing my sample. While I was in the store I spotted Encre Noire and tried it on my hand. Boy, that one's interesting; might have to add an other vetiver to my collection... But I'm planing on being a good girl and spending time exploring it from a sample first. I see my next order from the Perfumed Court coming up.

30 ml Vie de Château from Nicolaï. there is something with Nicolaï fragrances that makes me want to live with them, to think that a sample is not enough even if I've so far have rated it with three stars only. They are so interesting and I want to know what will happen when I really wear them. What happened yesterday when I wore Vie de Château? Well, three and a half star ...

And perhaps some of the Nicolaï fragrances make me appreciate the chypres better.

Talking Re: May 2009 ~ Purchases!

The Wichita discussion is so amusing to me: I flew into Wichita airport last year for obscure reasons, and it didn't exaclty strike me as a perfume hot spot either.
    I would say that's an understatement.....

Just rec'd in the mail: AP Bois d'encens, which has been on backorder forever, it seems. Also picked up some classic inexpensives: RL Safari, Bulgari pour Femme, Borsari Violetta di Parma. I have ordered La Petite Robe Noire & Bois et Fruits. Next month I will be on a perfume diet!
    Last edited by Lessa; 9th May 2009 at 04:55 PM.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I got a bottle of Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess (getting ready for the summer!)

Bought Coco EDP at a nice discount here in iceland. It's a 35 ml bottle which is nice too, sometimes you want a scent but you are not sure whether you'll use a large amount and then 35 ml is a decent start.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Received a mini of Belle en Rykiel -- upon first sniff, it's similar to Voile d'Amber by Yves Rocher. Will have to test them side by side.