Code of Conduct

Default New Hermes d'Orange Verte Line

I specifically went into the Hermes boutique to try this new line of scents, if which their classic Eau d'Orange-Verte is included.

Two new scents are included as part of the line:
    Eau de Pamplemousse Rose
    Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Sniffing Pamplemousse Rose was basically smelling a sharp citrus scent with a pale colored rose, but strong. Think Rose Ikebana "Intense". The notes are orange, grapefruit and rose.

Eau de Gentiane Blanche, however was where my nose perked up and I smiled. The notes are iris, musk, and incense. The notes are very sheer however. Like Poivre Samarcande without the pepper. Grayish and green tones, the musk is like a mineral musk. Incense like Temple incense. I liked it a lot!

Which begs this question...would you buy a 100 ml bottle Eau de Cologne for $135?? Two generous sprays to the same spot barely got any lift off and was basically gone when I left the boutique. I think that since it was an EdC, lines had to be drawn. I probably would've said OK if it was $85, even if it was a smaller 50ml bottle.

I was kinda upset going home today empty handed...to the point that I bought not one, but TWO Lutens frags online! To me, that's worthwhile and at a good price!

Anybody try the d'Orange Verte line yet?
    Last edited by iMaverick; 2nd May 2009 at 02:08 AM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: New Hermes d'Orange Verte Line

Thanks for posting your reviews! The Eau de Gentiane Blanche sounds like a must try for me.

Sadly I am not near a botique. I'm waiting for their Seattle location to open this fall. However, I am a bit disapponted to hear they are $135 each. I was hoping for something more reasonable, in line with the Eau d'Orange Verte pricing.

Did you by chance try Eau d'Orange Verte in the new packaging? I have fears of reformulations due to the oakmoss...

Good question...I didn't. I did try the Equipage on the other wrist and almost cried from its castration! It was barely there--so sad.

I now wear d'Orange Verte Concentree and haven't looked back.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Basenotes Institution

I have samples of both. I wore Eau de Pampelune Rose today. I will give it another full wearing before I comment fully on it, but for now I loved it.

The prices are shockingly high. Ridiculous. I will only buy it if I can find it deeply discounted.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 2nd May 2009 at 03:56 AM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have samples of both. I wore Eau de Pampelune Rose today. I will give it another full wearing before I comment fully on it, but for now I loved it.

The prices are shockingly high. Ridiculous. I will only buy it if I can find it deeply discounted.
    both can be sampled at TPC , and I would not pay Hermes retail prices unless I had my venture capitalist with me and he assured me that the IPO was gold.

But I'm very curious, and if I find I like them, Ill wait till they show up on ebay

I refill my Eau d'Orange Verte 6.5oz bottle from 1oz bottles (group of five) for about 25 dollars on ebay. Same seller has the soaps and other things in the line.

passing this on cause I found it here on Basenotes

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have samples of both.

I asked for samples too. Lucky you, mikeperez. Cocky SA said that "these scents are new--we don't have them yet". Guess I had to sport my Hermes shoes and Prada sunglasses to get any respect. Wish I had a caffeine withdrawal at that time and I would've given her my two cents. I felt like I had an Oprah discrimination incident.

Eau de Gentiane definitely needs a heavy spraying hand if you want some kind of sillage. The 100 ml bottle would disappear in no time.

I'm sure bottles of it will start popping up when sellers start "acquiring" them.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 2nd May 2009 at 04:45 AM.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Thanks for the review. This is what I like about Basenotes. Getting a honest unbiased review way, way before the scent has even debut in the stores in my part of the world.

It can be frustrating as well when you're desperate to try it. You wouldn't believe how long it took waiting for a bottle of Dior Homme to appear on my shores!! You end up buying blind to ease the psychological pain .

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    Thanks for the review. This is what I like about Basenotes. Getting a honest unbiased review way, way before the scent has even debut in the stores in my part of the world.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!

A deluxe sample of EdPR appeared on EBAY.

Hah! Somebody's really looking to make money--$60 bucks for a 15 ml bottle.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!