Code of Conduct

Thread: Cherry Scents

Basenotes Plus

Default Cherry Scents

Can anyone reccomend any good and easy to find cherry scents?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Cherry Scents

I'd love to have a scent of cherry and patchouli...

Banned

Two come to mind - Etat Libre d'Orange Bendelirious and Guerlain's La Petit Robe Noir. I just got LPRN and wore it last night - it's a cherry/rose overload!

Not sure I know of a cherry/patchouli...sounds like that would be an interesting accord.

Basenotes Plus

Is LPRN easy to get hold of? I'm in the uk and haven't seen it any Guerlain counter.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    Is LPRN easy to get hold of? I'm in the uk and haven't seen it any Guerlain counter.
    It will probably only be at the boutiques or the counters that carry the La Maison fragrances (Les Pariennes, L'Art et la Matieres, etc,) and not at the department stores that just have the 'standards'. It only came out in the last month or so. I actually got a bottle from Paris, which ended up coming out about $30USD cheaper than buying it in the US (even with shipping).

I'm still not entirely convinced I made a good decision buying it - I've worn it a couple times from a decant, and it's...well... very loud and bordering on vulgar (like Insolence EDP), but fun. My main problem with LPRN is that it falls apart at the base where it could have just transitioned to Guerlinade and been fine. I compare it to Chypre Fatale with it's loud peachy topnotes that transitions well to patchouli and then oakmoss. The CF is better constructed.

I get cherry patchouli in Bois 1920 Real Patchouly. I don't think there is any cherry note listed, but it does have either a phantom cherry note, or they simply did not put it in the list. Also, Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe is more than just amber--it has lots of patchouli and fruity "whiskey" type notes which are somewhat evocative of cherry. But definitely, RP is much more recognizable as cherry patchouli.

I have been meaning to try Idole Lubin to check if its booze note has a fruity quality, but haven't done it yet--may be worth looking into.

Chopard Casran contains a cherry note among many others. It's soft, sweet and powdery, and smells a bit like chocolate covered cherries.

Bogart PH - cherry tobacco all the way.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sur la Plage

Some people (not me) think YSL M7 smells like cherry cough syrup.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Some people (not me) think YSL M7 smells like cherry cough syrup.
    Who would that be?

BURBERRY LONDON FOR MEN - warm and spicy sweet cherry tobacco

Blog Entries

I thought Le Petit Robe Noir smelled like cherry cough syrup. I also think Creed's Original Santal smells like a jar of maraschino cherries.

Robe Noir seems to be becoming more widely available at more expensive places that carry Guerlain. Original Santal is available anywhere you can find Creed...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

M7, Joop and Black XS

M7 has a dark melted cherry smell to it
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aezikely View Post
    It will probably only be at the boutiques or the counters that carry the La Maison fragrances (Les Pariennes, L'Art et la Matieres, etc,) and not at the department stores that just have the 'standards'. It only came out in the last month or so. I actually got a bottle from Paris, which ended up coming out about $30USD cheaper than buying it in the US (even with shipping).

I'm still not entirely convinced I made a good decision buying it - I've worn it a couple times from a decant, and it's...well... very loud and bordering on vulgar (like Insolence EDP), but fun. My main problem with LPRN is that it falls apart at the base where it could have just transitioned to Guerlinade and been fine. I compare it to Chypre Fatale with it's loud peachy topnotes that transitions well to patchouli and then oakmoss. The CF is better constructed.
    LPRN sounds like a must try. Let me know if you decide to get rid of your bottle LOL.

I even sense a slight touch of cherry in CK's Crave.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 2nd May 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Serge Lutens Louve smells like Cherry Coke.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Serge Lutens Louve smells like Cherry Coke.
    Now that sounds good! I love Cherry Coke.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with arwen_elf, Libertine, you need to try Louve by Serge Lutens. I usually don't like cherry notes but the one in Louve is outstanding. So perfectly tart and realistic. The problem for me, was the scent is very powdery (I avoid powdery scents) but if SL could isolate that cherry note and use it in another fragrance I'd buy it immediately. It's that good.

Another scent with a weird bit of cherry, thrown into the middle of the marzipan, almond, cereal note mix is Luctor et Emergo by People of the Labyrinths. The parfum (which a kind Basenoter sent me a sample of) is very cherry prominent. Sample this one first. Many people say it smells too much like Play-Doh for them to enjoy wearing. I felt this way when I first smelled it, but I warmed to it more recently.

I really want to smell Bendelirious by ELDO soon. It sounds like a barrel of laughs.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree with arwen_elf, Libertine, you need to try Louve by Serge Lutens. I usually don't like cherry notes but the one in Louve is outstanding. So perfectly tart and realistic. The problem for me, was the scent is very powdery (I avoid powdery scents) but if SL could isolate that cherry note and use it in another fragrance I'd buy it immediately. It's that good.

Another scent with a weird bit of cherry, thrown into the middle of the marzipan, almond, cereal note mix is Luctor et Emergo by People of the Labyrinths. The parfum (which a kind Basenoter sent me a sample of) is very cherry prominent. Sample this one first. Many people say it smells too much like Play-Doh for them to enjoy wearing. I felt this way when I first smelled it, but I warmed to it more recently.

I really want to smell Bendelirious by ELDO soon. It sounds like a barrel of laughs.
    Is Bendelerious new? I couldn't seem to find it in the directory. I'm definitely going to try Louve, it sounds like it has the cherry note that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help everyone.

You mean like Maraschino cherries?
    or the fresh sour watery fruit itself?
    Cherry blossom, great in incense, is underused in fragrance.

Samba Red for men seemed to have a light cherry quality to it, but I haven't worn it in a long time.

Basenotes Plus

Maraschino cherries, I like the synthetic quality of cherry rather than the sourness. I love the Body Shop Cherry Blossom though.

Maraschino cherries, I like the synthetic quality of cherry rather than the sourness. I love the Body Shop Cherry Blossom though.
    Then you will probably like Louve. I love it! I don't know why I don't have a bottle of it yet.
    Evenstar

I get a lot of cherry in Ambre Nargile by Hermes -- the sweet dried cherry kind.

Is Bendelerious new? I couldn't seem to find it in the directory. I'm definitely going to try Louve, it sounds like it has the cherry note that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Bendelirious has been around for a while, it's just never been updated in the directory here. I know it was for Henri Bendel, the only US authorized ELDO retailer, but it's also on ELDO's website and can be ordered from them directly. I don't know if it can be ordered from anywhere but Bendels and ELDO (I tend to doubt it).

It's a fun fragrance - a sort of aldehydic cherry with a woody drydown. It's not very long lasting, but it's nice nonetheless.

Basenotes Institution

I forgot about Rahat Loukhoum by Serge Lutens. VERY sweet cherry note. Candied, syrupy, almost impossible to wear in warm weather. A SL scent you must try first. IMO, it's a love/hate scent. I couldn't stand it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th May 2009 at 04:54 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    I get a lot of cherry in Ambre Nargile by Hermes -- the sweet dried cherry kind.
    Yea, I get something like that, sort of a dried fruit of some sort, and now that you mention it, it is either cherry or plum.

And a childhood growing up with eating these things makes me not like Amber Narguile.

OP should check it out, as I definitely perceive that note.

Also
    M7, i do get cherry cough syrup in it
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Is Bendelerious new? I couldn't seem to find it in the directory.
    It is quite new, came out last year I think. You can get a sample of it from Les Senteurs: http://shop.lessenteurs.com/
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Let's not forget Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream.

...and to my nose also Crystal Aoud.

Basenotes Plus

I tried Bendelerious today and it's exactly what Im looking for, it's soft and sweet. I tried Loukhoum by Lutens and it was way too heady.

Now that sounds good! I love Cherry Coke.
    Who doesn't

I get a very strong powdered cherry in the Aedes Des Venustas signiture fragrance
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I forgot about Rahat Loukhoum by Serge Lutens. VERY sweet cherry note. Candied, syrupy, almost impossible to wear in warm weather. A SL scent you must try first. IMO, it's a love/hate scent. I couldn't stand it.
    Rahat Loukum is wonderful. It's much better than Louve.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Basenotes Institution

I tried Bendelerious today and it's exactly what Im looking for, it's soft and sweet. I tried Loukhoum by Lutens and it was way too heady.
    Oh good - I was actually waiting for you to smell it, to see whether I want to buy a sample of it or not. Now I want to try it.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Oh good - I was actually waiting for you to smell it, to see whether I want to buy a sample of it or not. Now I want to try it.
    It really is nice, I'm not sure whether it's bottleworthy yet but it's definitely worth trying. It has that same weird papery top note that Love in Black has.

Serge Lutens Datura Noir on the high end of things and perhaps Hanae Mori HM on the other end? I personally enjoy HM more, but it can definitely get cloying and out of control with a heavy hand.

Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I've just has my first cup of cherry blossom tea.... goodness me, if there is a fragrance I can get my hands on that smells like this.... woody, cherries, not too sweet, earthy, I would love to know! (before start bathing in tea bags)

+1 Datura Noir

Oops this thread is extinct lol.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Chopard Casran contains a cherry note among many others. It's soft, sweet and powdery, and smells a bit like chocolate covered cherries.
    Second this, and am surprised there aren't more mentions of this.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

* bump *
    there are not enough cherry heavy masculine fragrances !

To my nose, CK's Crave smells a bit like cherries.

Eau D'Hongrie by Fragonard

Basenotes Institution

Luctor et Emergo by People Of The Labyrinths is cherry for me.
    There is also Hilde Solani's Doolciiisssimo which has cherry tabacco ,patchouli and vanilla.
    I love the smell of cherry pipe tobacco - so yummy.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 5th October 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm sampling ELDO Bendelirious for the 1st time today.....I LIKE it. Cherry drives the scent with some florals and vanilla in the background. Really great.

Basenotes Institution

I forgot to post that since my last post above, I've smelled Bendelirious also. It was great, but actually I wanted it to be more cherry prominent than it was. I was expecting it to have more of that tart bit I crave.

Le Petite Robe Noir, is the only one, that pulls it off quite well - but I don't like where the scents goes in the dry down.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th October 2009 at 09:52 PM.

Samba Red for men has a bit of a cherry quality (light skin scent), and Fire and Ice for women has a cherry/coconut quality, and I'd call it "unisex" when compared to many "men's" frags of today.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 5th October 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Chanel Egoiste = Cherry Pipe Tobacco

I despise cherry with a passion >>> all because of cherry flavoured medicine as a kid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Chanel Egoiste = Cherry Pipe Tobacco
    Really? I don't get that at all from Egoiste. I smell a very sharp blend of roses and vanilla (no knock since this is my favorite Chanel creation right now). M7 definately fits the bill for a cherry scent, especially in the opening blast. Dries to a nice cherry tobacco. Gets my vote in this thread.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge
    +1 on Chypre Rouge. Candied and slightly medicinal cherry, to my nose.

I forgot to post that since my last post above, I've smelled Bendelirious also. It was great, but actually I wanted it to be more cherry prominent than it was. I was expecting it to have more of that tart bit I crave.

Le Petite Robe Noir, is the only one, that pulls it off quite well - but I don't like where the scents goes in the dry down.
    I don't mind the sweetness of the cherry note in Bendelirious so it works ok for me (and I'm liking the iris underpinning the cherry), but I'm right there with you on the La Petit Robe Noir. It's like Guerlain forgot to design a mid/base to follow the cherry/rose opening. Such unrealized potential with that one....

As I work through my package of all ELDO decants I received from TPC (for not a lot of money, I may add), I'm continually impressed by the longevity of many of them. Bendelirious was still going strong on my hand 10 hours after applying, and I finally washed it off so I could use the skin space for a different sample. Some of others - Putain des Palaces and Tom of Finland have 12+ hour longevity with the fragrance still very distinct on the skin after that length of time.

I get cherry and patchouli in Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge, which is easily obtainable and inexpensive.

Delices de Cartier has a nice cherry note.
    I recomment rahato loukum too

Geo F. Trumpers Sandalwood has a warm, cherry like thing going on. Generally the best bet I would say is to look for fragrances with some tobacco notes like Burberry London for men or Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille. They often have some dry, sweet fruits reminiscent of cherries or dates complimenting the tobacco accord. Michael Kors for Men is another one that comes to mind although
    that one is a bit more about plum.

//m

Quote Originally Posted by Djamison66 View Post
    I get cherry and patchouli in Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge, which is easily obtainable and inexpensive.
    If you want a bottle of this, I'm selling a NIB bottle, as well as a partially used one for swap:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=236779

- Brad