Code of Conduct

Default Oil/Wax-based scents

So I was dabbing on some CB I Hate Perfume Black Tea Accord, an oil-based absolute, and realized something as I was swooning happily: I seem to greatly prefer oil and wax-based fragrances to water/alcohol-based fragrances.

My comparative data points are:

- CB I Hate Perfume Tea/Rose in water perfume versus oil-based perfume absolute. (It is oil-based, right? It's not glycerine or something else that's oil-slick?)
    - Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange in perfume versus wax-based solid.
    - Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint in cologne versus bath oil.
    - ElizabethW Rose in EDP versus bath oil.
    - ElizabethW Sweet Tea in EDP versus bath oil.

For all of these, I like the oil/wax-based version _much_ better than the other version.

And then there are several other CB I Hate Perfume scents that I have in the itty bitty 2ml oil-based vials, that I like better than most of my alcohol-based perfumes.

I realize that this is a very limited data set, and that bath oil isn't exactly the same as oil-based perfume, but I still found it interesting. Does anyone else also have this preference?

Crayfish

Default Re: Oil/Wax-based scents

I have many scents in concrete form, Yves Rocher, Fragonard, Galimard, and the longevity is amazing. Even the YR Lilas pur scent lasted all night long, then into the next day.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I used to wear "hippie" oils for many years. They blend better with lotions, too--I sometimes put a few drops into a squirt of lotion, rub it together with my hands to blend, then apply. Longevity and sillage vary greatly depending on what the content is. I had a spice and floral blend of EO's that lasted maybe 4 hours and had great sillage, for example.

I'm wondering why concretes are so hard to find in the UK? I understand they are a popular form in the US? How about the rest of the world -- and why not us, here?
    Last edited by soirdelune; 5th May 2009 at 02:17 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Well, in the UK you've still got Yves Rocher, Lush (I love their Flying Fox temple balm as a perfume - good jasmine), and Crazy Libellule and the Poppies (try HQ Hair.com if you can't find a bricks and mortar stockist).

Thinking about it, yes, I rather like solids, too. I'm never sure of their longevity though.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Thanks, Wordie.

As a child, I used to covet my stepmother's solid 'Charlie' scent. It came in a metal pendant with a chunky chain, in the shape of an apple. I thought it was fab! I also recall Avon doing solids in the 70s, I believe.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/