Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances in Dusseldorf, Germany

I know this is probably the wrong place to post this. However, I checked the City Guides area, and there's no guide for Dusseldorf...nothing in the Rhine-Rhur region besides Dortmund. Anyway, I recently moved to Dusseldorf, and have been looking for good places for some frags. There's a Kaufhaus near the Altstadt, and it's very nice, has a large fragrance department, but it's basically a Nordstrom/Neiman selection (Hermes, Guerlain, YSL, etc).

I'm looking for someplace that has some niche fragrances. Some Lutens, Creed, F. Malle, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If no one knows of anywhere, no worries, the Kaufhaus will have to do!

Thanks!
    Alex

Default Re: Fragrances in Dusseldorf, Germany

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I've got to move this to the Germany section of the City Guides area. I hope anyone who can answer will.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Smile Re: Fragrances in Dusseldorf, Germany

Lucky you, Alex ! We've moved away from Duesseldorf 3 years ago and although we've only lived there for a year and a half, we still miss it a lot !

Now to the perfumes stores, you have a huge selection there:

BEAUTYAffair

Koenigsallee 30 (KOE-Center)
    40212 Duesseldorf
    Phone (0211) 8549211
    Mo. - Sa. 10am - 7pm

Tiny shop with a huge selection of niche fragrances, including Frederic Malle and I’ve even seen a few Ormonde Jayne bottles there.
    It's just next to the Chanel boutique, where you'll find the Chanel Exclusifs.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then there are 3 SCHNITZLER shops in Duesseldorf, the range varies slightly, anything you can imagine, Amouage, Acqua di Biella, Carthusia, Creed, Bond, MPG, Serge Lutens, Jo Malone, Bois 1929, Odori, Mazzolari, Profumi del Forte, Caron are just a few examples.
    Here is a link http://www.parfuemerie-schnitzler.de...en/marken-a-z/ with a brand list, where you can find out, which shop carries which brands/lines.
    It's unfortunately in german, but the symbols mean:

triangle = brand is available at the shop in Schadow Arkaden
    B = brand is available at the shop in the Hotel Breidenbacher Hof
    Sevens = brand is available at the shop in the SEVENS shopping mall

All 3 places are located on the Koenigsallee, here are the adresses:

Schnitzler im Sevens
    Parfuemerie Schnitzler
    SEVENS
    Koenigsallee 56
    40212 Duesseldorf

phone 02 11 / 37 04 06

opening hours
    Mo-Sa: 10am - 8pm
    Jo Malone, Creed, Bond, Amouage, Mazzolari
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schnitzler Boutique at the Hotel Breidenbacher Hof
    Parfuemerie Schnitzler
    Breidenbacher Hof
    Koenigsallee 11
    40213 Duesseldorf
    phone 02 11 / 68 78 74 14

opening hours:

Most markable here is surely the Guerlain boutique within this shop, you can get
    most of the former Paris-only scents of Guerlain there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parfuemerie Schnitzler
    Schadow Arkaden 11
    40212 Duesseldorf
    phone 02 11 / 3 23 08 01

opening hours
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Douglas Store
    Koenigsallee 60

Opening hours:
    10am-8pm

A bit of a different Douglas store compared to the regular ones, you'll find all over
    Germany and Europe. Among a few niche brands like Nasomatto and Ramon Molvizar
    you'll get the Tom Ford Private Blends here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a nice Hermes boutique on Koenigsallee, which carries the whole Hermessence series.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the places I frequently visit, whenever I am in Duesseldorf, but there
    is certainly more to add.

Cheers
    Safran
    Last edited by Safran13; 5th May 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Wow, awesome. Thanks for moving the thread, I just wasn't sure where to post it.

And thank YOU, Safran13!! I never think to go into that Douglas. I don't know, something's just off-putting about it, but I'm going to step in after work today.

I'd been scouring the Ko for WEEKs, and just couldn't find anything by sight. But thank you! Now I'm armed and ready.

Thanks!

Besides the already mentioned places there is Apropos in Duesseldorf. Their other store in Cologne does carry a lot of niche brands. Very vast selection though. I dont know about the Duesseldorf branch but would be worth checking it out.
    If you happen to drive around some then also Parfumerie Nagelschmitz has a good selection. Heard about it but never went there so far. Perfumerie Wigger in Dortmund has a nice selection. As well in the Ruhr area there is Perfumerie Prott in Bochum. Small selection of niche brands.

Un profumo affettuoso

The "Apropos" Store in Düssedorf cannot be compared to the Cologne Store which is much better. When in Düsseldorf, don't miss La Boutique Guerlain - and Parfümerie Schnitzler itself. Schnitzler is probably the BEST perfume store in Germany.