Code of Conduct

Default A*Men Pure Malt Spotted @ Macy's

Last night I noticed that the shelfs at my local Macy's now contain Pure Malt - sure didn't take long to come into to stores.

I think more of Pure Malt was produced this time around then what was done with Pure Coffee, in addition I found out all the body products are being discontinued for A*Men with the exception for now of the shower gel.

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt Spotted @ Macy's

I had to go check it out.

And I'm glad I did.

It seems like Macy's is sometimes slow in getting the good stuff if they ever get it, but I made a special trip to Macy's to see if they had Pure Malt and they did. They had just received a few bottles of this limited edition. I tried it on a card and liked it right away.

It is very boozy and has a huge Scotch whisky character to it. I get notes of oak and peat-- even a hint of a seaside quality like that of the Islay malts. It's amazing how much this treatment complements the A*men signature. Pure Malt is not so loud and chaotic as the original. This is smooth and refined. It was good on the card, but it didn't reveal the good stuff until I put it on my skin. As it dries down, it moves toward a bitter dark chocolate direction. Reminds me of those little dessert chocolates that are shaped like bottles and contain after dinner liqueurs. The smoky peat, booze and oak notes do a fantastic job of balancing the sweetness.

I am kind of tired of the rehashed flask design-- I wish they'd do something different (the Ice*Men bottle was very cool), but it's OK. I hadn't worn the regular A*Men in a long time. My small bottle that I'd bought years ago had gone off, so I was looking to get another bottle of A*Men at some point. I'm glad I waited and got the Pure Malt. It has everything I liked about A*men and then some. I had application problems before with A*Men; it was so strong that I had a hard time putting the minimal amount on. Pure Malt is not a nuclear bomb like the original. This is much easier to wear.

Good stuff!

What are the chances this one makes it to discounters? I hope to have a bottle before the end of the year. I actually like the rubber flasks. Can't imagine having my B*Men without it!
    Last edited by Ronin; 13th May 2009 at 02:44 AM.

Booo, I went to a Macy's here but they didn't have it. Not surprising, considering Utah Macy's are shitty and don't even carry Mugler products. Guess I'm gonna have to wait to see if it hits Nordstroms. I've loved every other Mugler mens scent I've smelled, so I have high hopes for this.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Thanks for the info.....I will check this out.....Gary

I just got back from a walk to Lincoln Road and stopped in Macys to try Pure Malt. Yes, it really smells like scotch. I've had it on my arm for about 20 minutes and the scotch note is fading. The tester strip I sprayed it on smells like a coaster that's had some wet Dalwhinnie freshly spilled on it. Not bad. But then again, do I want to smell like I spilled my scotch on me for 20 minutes?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 17th May 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Booo, I went to a Macy's here but they didn't have it. Not surprising, considering Utah Macy's are shitty and don't even carry Mugler products. Guess I'm gonna have to wait to see if it hits Nordstroms. I've loved every other Mugler mens scent I've smelled, so I have high hopes for this.
    Not all Macy's carry Mugler products. In my area, Dillards carries them but Macy's does not.

Nordstrom and Saks also carry Mugler in this area.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 17th May 2009 at 09:49 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Not all Macy's carry Mugler products. In my area, Dillards carries them but Macy's does not.
    Aye, thanks for the heads up! My local Dillards only carries A*Men but luckily my Nordstroms has it (and since this is Utah, it's not really flying off the shelves like at other places). Initial impression was I liked the boozy whisky top notes but in the end, it dried down to something very similar to A*Men on my skin. I like A*Men, but it didn't strike me as unique enough to warrant a purchase.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Bloomingdales stores carry it.

I just got to sample it at macys in nyc and it dangerous going in there

Anyway I did not like it and will not be purchasing

Initial top notes were nice a bit boozy but after tha all I got was he nauseauting swe sickeming of angel men and now I am on my long train ride home and cannot wait to scrub