Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

What do you think about new Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte?

Original Cristalle is hesperidic chypre fragrance. Eau Verte does not have the chypre feel. To my nose Eau Verte has little resemblance with the original Cristalle Edt but it has a lot of in common with Bel Respiro. I am sure that inspiration to create Eau Verte was Bel Respiro.
    Bel Respiro and Eau Verte differs in the top notes. But on the skin the top notes fade very quickly and you smell the same powdery floral sweetness.
    I have Cristalle Edt and Bel Respiro, but I don't need to have Eau Verte. Bel Respiro is greener, better made, more unisex and the feminine chanelish wibe is not so prominent in it.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) Guerlain Habit Rouge 5) TF Noir de Noir \\ Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Banned

Default Re: Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

I happen to like it, but don't like it enough to consider it bottle worthy.

It's primarily a fresh green scent, with some lemon and a fruitiness in the beginning. Just a little tart, and just a little sour. It doesn't get sweet or powdery, but dries down to a paler version of Cristalle. I wish it were more mossy in the dry down. Not a chypre by any stretch of imagination.

I haven't tried Bel Respiro.
    Currently wearing: Passion by Annick Goutal

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I bought it for my daughter who wears it from time to time and seems to like it quite a bit.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I agree mostly with your assessment. I do get more of the similarity with Cristalle, because of the top. Of course Eau verte is cheaper than Bel respiro.

cacio