Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Envy Dilemma

A few months ago i bought a 50ml bottle of Gucci Envy. It was the new juice in bright neon colour. Last night i noticed there was a little leakage..so after looking at the bottle properly i noticed that there were large scratches maybe cracks on the top part of the bottle..just below the sprayer. Leakage occurs whenever i spray or turn the bottle upside down...although not a lot leaks out i still think of it as a waste. As i really enjoy Envy i got very frustrated because i assumed leakage means air will get in and spoil the juice much faster.

So out of frustration i went out today and bought another bottle for cheap. when i got home i noticed that the leaky bottle was the new neon green juice and the one i just bought was the older darker green...old stock no wonder i got it cheap. To me both smell the same.

So right now i need some opinions. Which bottle should i use up 1st? Leaky bottle or older juice bottle? I keep my frag in the box in my drawer with no exposure at all to light. I would prefer to use up the leaky bottle 1st but as the older juice bottle should be at least 4 yrs old im worried it might go bad 1st.

Default Re: Gucci Envy Dilemma

I do envy you for having two bottles of envy. lol.

I'd use up the leaky bottle first since the 'exposure' to air (however minute) could be a cause for concern.

Then I'd send the new bottle to a fellow basenoter in the neighboring country cause I'm a nice guy.

On a serious note, I think you should go back to the place where you bought the first leaky bottle for a one-to-one exchange.

was it reformulated?
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    I do envy you for having two bottles of envy. lol.

I'd use up the leaky bottle first since the 'exposure' to air (however minute) could be a cause for concern.

Then I'd send the new bottle to a fellow basenoter in the neighboring country cause I'm a nice guy.

On a serious note, I think you should go back to the place where you bought the first leaky bottle for a one-to-one exchange.
    Haha...

Well i did go back to the shop i got it from. The ppl there were kind of dismissive about me trying to return the bottle because i purchased it in January and its already May. I used up like 10-15ml already. They insisted i dropped it which i didn't. Return/refund policies in msia is almost unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    was it reformulated?
    No i don't think so. I have new juice on one arm and older juice on the other.smells the same to me. Sillage wise too.

thanks.
    I would love to love it but I have tried it more than ten times and for some reason I do not get it, nice and all that but I do not feel that "master piece" element many of you do. Perhaps I should like it for what it was when released-

gucci envy is not a masterpiece.

i am an artist and i make art for living.
    90% of my work is NOT art!
    yess they are nice drawings but u simply cant label evry thing an artist makes
    as ART.

Same with perfumes, some of them are just a fragrance and others are
    masterpieces.

Mo, I know it is not a masterpiece but it is highly regarded and ,at some point it was a breakthrough fragrance, yet I do not get it

Why not go buy a cheap atomizer and decant the broken bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    was it reformulated?
    Gucci is just using a brighter shade of green to color the juice as I smell no difference.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    That's brilliant
    Perfume noob

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    This was the 1st thing i wanted to do when i discovered the leak. But all i can find here are small 10ml decants. I think i have about 40ml left so i need to go look for one that has a bigger capacity.