Code of Conduct

Question Thoughts on Ortigia?

I've checked the archives, and there was a brief discussion of this a year ago.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=ortigia

Ortigia -- the scents of Sicily. www.ortigia-srl.com

I stumbled on this shop while walking in London to Les Senteurs. It is a lovely shop, with the various scents very attractively displayed. There are many scents, and some have accompanying bath products. One in particular caught my attention: Corallo (Coral Shell) which has a list of notes that suggests one of my obsessions: garrigue. I tried the scent on and quickly bought it. I'll be reviewing it soon.

But I wonder if there is any new interest or comments on this line. Having also been to the Santa Maria Novella shop, I certainly note that the two companies are worlds apart. Ortigia is very modern, for the most part having perhaps what can be viewed as middle-of-the road scents (though well done). SMN is very old-school, with some real powerhouse unusual scents.

I also noticed that Fortnum & Mason carried Ortigia, and I suspect that other stores do as well.

So -- any thoughts on this line?
    Last edited by odysseusm; 6th May 2009 at 04:45 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Thoughts on Ortigia?

Hi Oysseum,

Gump's in San Francisco started carrying this line last year. I note that Beautyhabit also has it. Isn't the packaging stunning?

I love the Sandalo - it's the perfect warm-weather sandalwood - really comes to life when the temperature goes up. Dry and smooth, no sweet or incense notes to weigh it down.

I've spritzed on the Sicilian Lime, wasn't impressed so much with it, and the lasting power was so-so. The Ambra Nera was looking very intriguing, but there was no tester for the fragrance. Ditto the Corallo - bath salts and soap, but no spray fragrance. Looking foward to your review!
    Last edited by Jardanel; 6th May 2009 at 05:42 PM.

The packaging is beautiful! I'm going to have to try to find a way to sample these. Thanks for the heads up odysseusm.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Let me raise this thread from the dead.
    Apparently first in fragrance started to carry this brand.
    The packaging does look very nice, the price is right and I like villoresi's works a lot.
    The fragrances seem to be simplistic, though sometimes simple can be good.

More opinions about this line please?

I've visited store in Florence and enjoyed a lot. Saleslady was very kind and helpful.

Brand has numerous fragrance and very richly supported with grooming products.

I've liked Ambra Nera and Sandalo a lot and ended up buying Sandalo. It is a bright Sandalwood fragrance, slightly assisted with a hint of flower attirbutes, namely rose and jasmine.

I also liked Fico d'India a lot but it resembled Philossykos a lot so in first thought I gave up the idea purchasing it. But it is very nice.

I would continue buying from brand, when I have chances. 70 euros/100 ml is quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

I've visited store in Florence and enjoyed a lot. Saleslady was very kind and helpful.

Brand has numerous fragrance and very richly supported with grooming products.

I've liked Ambra Nera and Sandalo a lot and ended up buying Sandalo. It is a bright Sandalwood fragrance, slightly assisted with a hint of flower attirbutes, namely rose and jasmine.

I also liked Fico d'India a lot but it resembled Philossykos a lot so in first thought I gave up the idea purchasing it. But it is very nice.

I would continue buying from brand, when I have chances. 70 euros/100 ml is quite good.

Have systematically walked round the shop in London testing each and every fragrance and none have made me want to buy. Pleasant enough but no 'wow' factor.