Code of Conduct

Default Molinard de Molinard versus Chanel No. 19

I have seen Molinard de Molinard compared with Chanel #19.
    I am wondering how similar they are.
    The reason I ask is that I own and like Molinard de Molinard and am thinking of trying #19.
    I'm on a budget, so I wouldn't want to have both right now, if they are too similar.

Thanks!

Default Re: Molinard de Molinard versus Chanel No. 19

Chanel 19 does not have the black currant note that Molinard de Molinard contains. There is a slight steeliness, an impression of silver and metal (to me anyway) that 19 conveys, while MdeM is all about the garden. They are similar expressions of the green/floral family, but each is unique and worthy in its own right. Try 19 at every possible opportunity, try to snag a sample and wear it in different types of weather. Then you'll know whether to be saving up for it. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jardanel.
    I'm not sure if I would like the metallic note, but I'll sample it sometime.
    The bottle is nice too.

I agree with Jardanel. I re-smelt Molinard de Molinard the other day and would class it as a biggish, softish, sweetish white floral, while Chanel 19 is defined by its steeliness, or metallic note, and is markedly greener overall.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I don't find them similar at all, but then I think No. 19 is beautiful, but swapped away my Molinard de Molinard because the blackcurrent note was too sharp to my nose.

Blog Entries

I definitely don't get any metal in the #19 EDT sold now. If you can get an EDP on the web or Ebay, it is a soft slightly smokey opening that dries down to a dry green fragrance. I don't think it's as sweet as M de M, which has a lighter, fruity vibe.

Different on/for me as well, you need to smell and wear both a couple of times to decide which of them suits you better if you are on a budget.

Chanel #19 is cooler altogether and does manifest that metallic note a few previous posters were referring too. MdeM stays warm from the very beginning to the very end. I find #19 in different formulations prettier, MdeM used to get on my nerves. Like them both, BTW.

Thanks everyone!

I like Molinard de Molinard, but I am starting to feel that it isn't quite my "style"(though I cannot define my style, as I have an eclectic and inexperienced taste). I am thinking of giving to my mother--who adores it-- for mother's day.