Code of Conduct

Default Chanel AHS and its replacement

I am thinking of selling the Chanel Allure Homme Sport that I bought a few months ago. I like it a lot, but I find that the sweetness is a bit louder than I usually prefer for a day frag. Actually, the balance is just about perfect if I only apply one spray or a mist, but this way I lose a lot of the longevity.

To replace it, I am thinking of getting its cousin the Versace PH. It retains all the good parts of AHS but is a lot less sweet. Unfortunately, there is this one note at the top that reminds me of cat urine. It goes away after 10 minutes or so but for those ten minutes really suck. Once it gets down to the midnotes its exactly what I am looking for. I really don't like that urine smell though.. does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I can't make up my mind! Should I go through the hassle of replacing AHS with VPH, a scent that I like all but the first ten minutes, or should I just go easy when applying the AHS to get the perfect balance of the sweetness? Also how does the VPH compare to the AHS in terms of longevity?

Default Re: Chanel AHS and its replacement

Stick with Allure Homme Sport, I've found the trick to spraying it, based off another members recommendation with how to spray Geir, a scent somewhat similar to AHS, and off the very Chanel AHS website, where it recommends to "Spray generously and all over the body". Hold the bottle 8-10" and make sure it spreads evenly. This tones the sweetness down ALOT and allows it to develop correctly. It becomes a much thicker, sweeter, heavier frag when you spray up close. I do 4 sprays now around my neck and chest, evenly distributed from a decent distance, and I get great longevity and the proper development.

I mistook my friend's Versace Pour Homme as he walked by for Acqua Di Gio, so take that as you will.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 7th May 2009 at 07:02 AM.

Default Re: Chanel AHS and its replacement

I'm a fan of both VPH and AHS. But i only own VPH. I agree with u that the sweetness of AHS can be too much sometimes. But i don't get the cat urine top note u mentioned. I guess i will have to go smell cat urine 1st..just joking.

I think you should get a full day wearing of VPH before buying or selling AHS. Even if the cat urine top note lasts only 10 mins it might come back later in the day u know.

I can't really comment on the longevity of AHS but i think majority feels its long lasting. VPH last a long time on me (8 hrs).

U should consult a member named sculpture of soul for your VPH questions. He's like the expert on VPH.