Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Fresh Summer Fragrance

First time poster, sorry in advance. I know this topic has been done to death on here probably, but I've been using the searches and have been trying to get handle on a good fragrance for the spring/summer would be.

In the past I've had and liked:
    Acqua Di Gio
    Zegna (I don't know the name, clear bottle w/ black rubber sides and silver cap)
    Armani Mania

I really like the Mania and might pick another bottle up but I kind of want to find something different for a little change of pace. I like the AdG, but am fearful just because it's so popular and I don't want to smell like the guy next to me or someone's bad ex-boyfriend.

Stuff I've tried and didn't like:
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Burberry Summer
    Tommy Bahama
    Polo Black
    Issey Miyake
    Allure Homme Sport (Silver bottle EDT)
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Diesel Only the Brave
    D&G Light Blue (men)
    Versace Eau Fraiche (Sort of liked, not crazy about it)
    Versace Pour Homme (Same opinion as Eau Fraiche)
    Gucci II
    Bulgari Aqua (Liked it, but not thrilled)
    Bulgari Aqua Marine

-I have tried a sample of Creed GIT, but it's too expensive for me right now.

I guess I'm going for a somewhat fresh-er scent that's not so heavy. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Fresh Summer Fragrance

How about Givenchy Blue Label or Guess Man.

Try Ed Hardy Love and Luck. Some people say its very similar to SMW. Also I would look into Polo Blue and Azzaro Chrome/Chrome Legend.

Just moments before I read your query I was reading the handful of reviews of Eau de Rochas, a frag I spritzed just a couple of hours ago. Wanted to have a better idea of what I was enjoying so much. Allow me to second the review by foetidus, back in March 2008, which I quote in full:

Quite a beautiful opening – of course I’d say that about anything that opens with verbena. But it does set the character of the scent – light, clean, citrus, basil: You can’t get any more pristine than this opening. The verbena is gone almost immediately, unfortunately, but the citrus / basil lasts for a good long run before giving away to the floral middle. The heart notes are as light and clean as the opening, but they are not very apparent to my nose. The base is excellent, especially for an eau – it has a definite oakmoss and sandalwood, giving it the feeling of something with a little more presence than an eau. This is a wonderful scent. I don’t see anything especially feminine about it, and I believe that if it had been introduced in 1995 instead of 1970, it would have been labeled “unisex.” A wonderfully refreshing fragrance for hot and humid weather.

Here's the link for the other six helpful reviews:

Happy hunting!

Petaling Jaya

The ones i can suggest to you are F Pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo, Paco Rabanne XS PH, YSL L'Homme, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, YSL Live Jazz and Davidoff Cool Water.

Happy hunting

Like in other fresh summer rec. try Polo Black and Double Black, you might like it.
    unico grande amore.

polo black gets some harsh reviews, double black way better

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    polo black gets some harsh reviews, double black way better
    if it's up to me, black is better, haha
    unico grande amore.

Well, he said he tried and didn't like Polo Black.

Check out Hugo XY if you can find it - a simple transparent mint that is very sheer and refreshing. Hugo Boss Pure is actually pretty nice, too, imo, although a bit "thin."

Nautica Oceans is a really good lemony/salty aquatic. If you test this, be sure to test on skin (I always recommend sneaking a spray or two to the chest if you can - that's how you normally wear scents and that's how they should be tested) as it doesn't really show its true colors on a card.

If you want to go niche, I'd definitely recommend checking out Creed's Erolfa. Ah, just saw the too expensive thing. Hmm
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sur la Plage

Clearwater Beach, Florida

Mugler Cologne
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread