Code of Conduct

Default Parfum: Chanel Allure, Bois des Iles, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, and Cuir de Russie

Hey guys!

I'm really in the mood of collecting a couple of Chanel's pure parfums. Has anyone tried any of the following in pure parfum?

• Chanel Allure
    • Bois des Iles
    • Coco
    • Coco Mademoiselle
    • Cuir de Russie

I don't want to buy ALL of them, so any recommendations? How do they differ from the EDP or EDT?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by zooza; 9th May 2009 at 08:47 PM.

Default Re: Parfum: Chanel Allure, Bois des Iles, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, and Cuir de Russie

I feel your confusion - am currently vacillating between No 5, No 19 and (more) Bois des Iles parfum...pretty diverse perfumes I know; it probably represents some kind of an identity crisis -

The one in your list I've smelt most often is Bois des Iles parfum. It has a lovely rich spicy milkiness with a (light) touch of sparkling aldehydes. I much prefer it to the edt, and find its lasting power and light sillage means I can wear it right into early summer. In Duty Free recently I was checking out the non-Exclusif parfums - the one I remember best is Coco, which although not really my style is very chic in parfum, and easier to wear than Coco edt.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Last edited by parfymerad; 9th May 2009 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: Parfum: Chanel Allure, Bois des Iles, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, and Cuir de Russie

I own all except Allure, and I have not yet given a proper wearing to my new Coco Mlle. So, of the three that are left, here are my opinions:

Coco--the parfum is like a deeper and richer version of the EDP. I would not say there is a considerable difference between the two, and I really love them both. I love dabbing the parfum when I feel mellow, and I love the big, big cloud of spicy carnation and rose I get from the EDP.

Bois des Iles--the parfum is very, very different than the EDT. The EDT is much heavier on the aldehydes, and has that "gingerbread" note that I have heard reviewers describe. The parfum is aldehydic, but much more subdued. It is very much like a feminized Egoiste--spicy, ambery, woody and with a tad more emphasis on the florals than Egoiste. In fact, I would say the parfum of BdI has more in common with Egoiste than with the BdI EDT.

Cuir de Russie--I have only briefly tried the EDT, and there have been threads on this before, so it might be worth a search. The parfum is divine, with smoky birch tar, indolic florals and Chanel's gorgeous iris note. I did not even consider the EDT because nothing seems to be able to come close to what I get from the parfum. The EDT simply does not have this depth, although I think many people like the EDT also.
    Last edited by Asha; 9th May 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks guys. What makes matters even worse is that they don't have testers for the parfums so its a hastle to order samples off the net and wait for them to arrive and then travel to europe to actually buy them!