Code of Conduct

Default Germaine Monteil & Champagne

Does anyone remember Champagne made by Germaine Monteil. Didn't it have the smell of tobacco - like walking into a Tinderbox store?

I'm looking for a scent like this.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong cologne???

Default Re: Germaine Monteil & Champagne

I'm so excited someone else remembers this one (it's not even in the BN directory). It was my favorite--actually, only--fragrance in the 1980s, and I was very sad that it was discontinued.

However, I don't remember a prominent tobacco note in it. Then again, my nose was not at all sophisticated at the time, and it's been a long time since I've smelled it. (I have a bottle, but it's gone bad.)

I love fragrances with pipe-tobacco smells, although sometimes they go a bit too "cherry" on me. My favorite fragrances with tobacco notes have been Hermessence Ambre Narguile and Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. I currently have Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea on the way and have high hopes for it.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Default Re: Germaine Monteil & Champagne

I remember Champagne, also, but like Black Cat, I don't remember a tobacco note -- not to say it did not have a tobacco note, of course. Champagne was wonderful, but my favorite GM scent was Germaine. I wore that scent constantly in the 1980s. I was so sad -- no, mad, really -- when it was discontinued.