Code of Conduct

Thread: Ambre Fetiche.

Blog Entries

Question Ambre Fetiche.

I never hear anyone discussing this fragrance and I am currently considering aquiring a bottle. I have done my notes homework and will shortly recieve a sample to confirm reviews I have read. Are there any who have this fragrance as part of their wardrobe what would not mind making comment of it's merits and/or shortcommings? Comments from the ladies would also be appreicated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 10th May 2009 at 04:18 AM.

Default Re: Ambre Fetiche.

I didn't smell much of anything, then a couple of hours later it seemed like it was going to do something deep and rich, but that didn't last long. I'll sample it again soon, but I don't look forward to it, really. I'll spray more the next time and perhaps that will help.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th May 2009 at 04:28 AM.

N_Tesla--I tried it once, not a full wearing, and haven't reviewed it yet. It did not really bowl me over, in fact it seemed a little strange--like a smoky green amber. It was not as rich nor as deep as I was expecting from the descriptions. I recommend that you sample it before buying.

Sur la Plage

I think it is fantastic! It is a wonderful blend of amber and incense - and the longevity is simply amazing.

I highly recommend it!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

We discussed mainly it - all this past week - in this thread.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=227799

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 10th May 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Okay, I sampled it again tonight (5 hours ago). This time I used 3 sprays. At first, it seemed like Belle en Rykiel with a strong jasmine note added, and perhaps a touch of leather. It was quite sweet, and I like sweet frags in general. However, you only get wafts of it now and then, even though it's strong when you get it. When it dries down, it's similar to Shalimar Light's drydown. However, it's got weak sillage, and you barely get a whiff of it now and then. I have to "billow" my shirt to get a weak waft at this point. The sweetness was nearly intolerable at first, but the drydown is not unique enough for me (considering what's in my rotation). Add to this the weak sillage and this frag is puzzling. Perhaps if I spray a lot more the drydown would have adequate sillage, but I really don't like the top notes so I can't say I'll ever try this. I'll stick to Messe de Minuit probably, for most of my incense needs. And if I want amber, I'll go with Etro's. Thank goodness for Etro !
    Last edited by Bigsly; 11th May 2009 at 05:37 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Okay, I sampled it again tonight (5 hours ago). This time I used 3 sprays. At first, it seemed like Belle en Rykiel with a strong jasmine note added, and perhaps a touch of leather. It was quite sweet, and I like sweet frags in general. However, you only get wafts of it now and then, even though it's strong when you get it. When it dries down, it's similar to Shalimar Light's drydown. However, it's got weak sillage, and you barely get a whiff of it now and then. I have to "billow" my shirt to get a weak waft at this point. The sweetness was nearly intolerable at first, but the drydown is not unique enough for me (considering what's in my rotation). Add to this the weak sillage and this frag is puzzling. Perhaps if I spray a lot more the drydown would have adequate sillage, but I really don't like the top notes so I can't say I'll ever try this. I'll stick to Messe de Minuit probably, for most of my incense needs. And if I want amber, I'll go with Etro's. Thank goodness for Etro !
    Are you sure you are sampling the right fragrance?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    This is curious - on me Messe de Minuit has always been a bit of a short lasting, nothing scent, whereas Amber Fetiche is a powerhouse by comparison.
    Renato

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    This is curious - on me Messe de Minuit has always been a bit of a short lasting, nothing scent, whereas Amber Fetiche is a powerhouse by comparison.
    Renato
    My experience with Messe de Minuit has been more then short and nothing - I get decent sillage and longevity out of it. But on me, Ambre Fetiche overpowers it by leaps and bounds.

Interesting. MdM lasts a long time on me, but I get nice wafts now and then. It isn't constant monster sillage. I could see if you sprayed a lot of AF on, you'd get strong top notes. But the drydown seemed awfully weak, like Shalimar Light Light. LOL. Anyway, I got a decant in an MUA swap, so who knows. It does smell right, just with a weak drydown. I'll have to try it one more time with at least 5 full sprays.