Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gianni Campagna - new at Luckyscent

I have had a chance to give this a full wearing, and I really like it. According to the Luckyscent website, the notes are: "Orange, Grapefruit, Pepper, Bay rose, Geranium, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedarwood."

I commented earlier that I detected a most definite similarity to Montale's Red Vetyver, and that observation still stands. Take a look at the notes of Red Vetver, as well as Terre d'Hermes, and you will find that they too include grapefruit, pepper (lots), patchouli, cedar wood and vetiver in the notes.

Gianni Campagna also shares a geranium and bay rose note with TdH. I was hoping that the drydown would morph into something different, but alas it too seems pretty linear. Not a bad thing - I love this scent, but I currently own Red Vetyver, as well as a small decant of TdH, and just don't see the need for something so similar in my wardrobe.

But if you had been thinking about the others, well the Gianni Campagna is a lot more cost effective than the Montale, and the TdH is likely a better deal than the GC - unless you really want to wear something that you can't find anywhere else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gianni Campagna - new at Luckyscent

looks like i will get a sample of this fragrance...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    I have had a chance to give this a full wearing, and I really like it. According to the Luckyscent website, the notes are: "Orange, Grapefruit, Pepper, Bay rose, Geranium, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedarwood."

I commented earlier that I detected a most definite similarity to Montale's Red Vetyver, and that observation still stands. Take a look at the notes of Red Vetver, as well as Terre d'Hermes, and you will find that they too include grapefruit, pepper (lots), patchouli, cedar wood and vetiver in the notes.

Gianni Campagna also shares a geranium and bay rose note with TdH. I was hoping that the drydown would morph into something different, but alas it too seems pretty linear. Not a bad thing - I love this scent, but I currently own Red Vetyver, as well as a small decant of TdH, and just don't see the need for something so similar in my wardrobe.

But if you had been thinking about the others, well the Gianni Campagna is a lot more cost effective than the Montale, and the TdH is likely a better deal than the GC - unless you really want to wear something that you can't find anywhere else.
    I expected something alot cleaner with the geranium, but I got eactly what youn described above. I get a Red Vetyver vibe also.

Tried this. I immediately thought Terre d'Hermes. A bit too much Iso Super E in it for me.

TDH remix. that wears close to the skin.

Any more thoughts on this?

I take it that it's closer to Red Vetyver than TdH? That would mean that it's a bit thicker/earthier than TdH, right?

For those who've tried it - do you find it to be loaded up with synthetics (predominantly iso e super) in the base, like Terre d'Hermes is? I'm really looking for an alternative to TdH as I like TdH but find its synthetic character to be very tiresome. Red Vetyver is nice but it too still bothered me with its ridiculous longevity and strength.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more