Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Musings on 3 from Profumum

So, with a little help from a generous friend, I was able to obtain samples of a line that I've been itching to try for a while now.. Profumum.

1) Neroli

I've had experience with Creed's Neroli Sauvage, C&S Neroli, Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, and a few others recently. This is, by far, the "brightest" of the neroli fragrances I've tried - even brighter than Creed's NS. I use the word bright because to me, I agree with the way my friend put it: "sunshine in a bottle".

There could be a fair number of people who would find this too floral to be masculine. I'd probably be in that group. I think Neroli Sauvage, as flawed as it is in terms of longevity, is the definitive masculine in the genre. Profumum succeeds in this brilliantly realistic, stunning creation. When it dries on my skin, I smell a strange cardboard/paper type odor. What could this be? It's not enough to put me off of this spectacular scent, but I would find Neroli Sauvage - even Neroli Portofino much easier. C&S Neroli is very soapy to me and, in my opinion, one of the weaker fragrances in their line. I wouldn't flinch at the high price if I loved this genre, as I think it's probably the most realistic and beautifully created neroli/orange blossom scent I've ever had the pleasure of wearing.

2) Acqua Viva

Lemons - yes, I'll reiterate, and terrific longevity and projection for a citrus. I will always have a thing for lemon scents - Acqua di Parma was my first, and it would take me an entire page to list the others. I've come to scrutinize my citrus fragrances after having worn so many. Acqua Viva lives up to its reviews - and like Neroli, Profumum has done this so accurately it's scary. It's the lemon like lemons in a fine limoncello, with a tiny dash of cream. Pretty straightforward on me, but delightful nonetheless. I think it's truly unisex, even for a traditionalist.

3) Dulcis in Fundo

Wow! So after I read the "orange cake" or "angel food cake" descriptions, it didn't even take a millisecond to make the link and agree. I've not come across too many fragrances like this one that make me salivate and hail the sweet tooth in me. It's a creamy orange/vanilla with something else in there. bbBD said, in his review, it's amber. I can see that now. Along with the other two Profumum fragrances, this one is just spectacular. I don't think it's versatile, though that's probably one of the most subjective qualities of a fragrance I've come to discover.

So..

I guess I should ask if Profumum is all about accuracy and precision. These 3 fragrances are all achievers - they're quality, and easily worth the prices if you're after exactly what a Profumum fragrance offers. I have yet to try some of the others, like Fumidus - but I'm looking forward to seeing what else this house can do. If these first 3 are any indication, I might have to cancel my vacation in lieu of a full bottle purchase. Thanks!

Default Re: Musings on 3 from Profumum

Very descriptive reviews Anthony

Of these 3, I've only tried Acqua Viva and I agree, terrific longevity indeed!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Good stuff ADG...just curious, has Turin reviewed these Profumums? I know he trashed many with 1 star ratings but wanted to know what he thought of these three.
    -

AromiErotici

Thanks for the reviews. I'm curious if Acqua Viva has longevity that exceeds Eau de Sud?

I only ask because Eau de Sud is the longest lasting one I've come across yet.

Indeed, on my skin it does. Eau du Sud is very nice, but 5 sprays didn't last on my skin or the shirt I was wearing.

I wonder how they're able to pull it off? My skin consumes citrus fragrances and barely leaves a trace. With Creed's Neroli Sauvage I get 2 hours, tops, and it's close to the skin. Bois de Cedrat is less than 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Thanks for the reviews. I'm curious if Acqua Viva has longevity that exceeds Eau de Sud?

I only ask because Eau de Sud is the longest lasting one I've come across yet.

Which ones did he trash, just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Good stuff ADG...just curious, has Turin reviewed these Profumums? I know he trashed many with 1 star ratings but wanted to know what he thought of these three.

Thanks Amit!

I see that you have Fumidus - seems this is the next in line for me. I've also heard from the folks at Luckyscent that it's quite challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Very descriptive reviews Anthony

Of these 3, I've only tried Acqua Viva and I agree, terrific longevity indeed!

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Indeed, on my skin it does. Eau du Sud is very nice, but 5 sprays didn't last on my skin or the shirt I was wearing.

I wonder how they're able to pull it off? My skin consumes citrus fragrances and barely leaves a trace. With Creed's Neroli Sauvage I get 2 hours, tops, and it's close to the skin. Bois de Cedrat is less than 1 hour.
    Thank you AnthonyDG. I have only worn 1 Profumum (Santalum) and I love that juice. I will have to try Acqua Viva.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the reviews Anthony - I have liked every Profumum I have smelled (except for Volo AZ 686 which I thought was horrible and reminded me of cheap dollar store all purpose cleaner).

I can't wait to own a bottle of Acqua Viva. I haven't smelled the Neroli or Dulcis in Fundo.

zz - Turin has not reviewed these three. Hopefully he & Sanchez will review more of the line in the next quarterly installment.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th May 2009 at 08:15 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

thanks for sharing your thoughts ADG! i havent got a chance to test any of em and of what i have, i can easily relate to what you are telling in terms of the quality of their offerings.